taxes

my check looks like it did in December,except for the cost of living i got....otherwise...we got a tax break?........

Exactly. Conservatives and Trump said you would get a tax break. This isn't the first time they lied to you, but hopefully it's the first time you realize it.

everyone was all about trump's tax cuts.....and yet there has been total silence on how this effected your taxes this year as you settled? My taxes are being done and I cant wait to see the results....

so anyone...how did your taxes compare to last year?

Aren't taxes this year based on 2017 tax rates?

According to Conservatives, Trump, and the GOP, all Americans would start seeing the benefit of their tax cut in their paychecks by now. In fact, Paul Ryan very famously tweeted about the extra $1.50 some unnamed teacher got in her paycheck that, after 52 weeks, might be enough for a Costco membership (but not enough to actually buy anything with this membership).

can raise taxes when they learn how to spend it properly.........

You're the ones who spent it on useless tax cuts, useless wars of occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan, costly and unfunded expansions of entitlements, and bailing out firms you put in peril because of your deregulatory zeal.

The problem isn't government...the problem is Conservatism.
im a conservative this week?....last week your good buddy the real tree called me a libturd....wish you diehards would make up your mind....and in california the problem is their liberal government...and i will say again....when they learn how to spend those taxes they can raise them....

im a conservative this week?....last week your good buddy the real tree called me a libturd....wish you diehards would make up your mind....and in california the problem is their liberal government...and i will say again....when they learn how to spend those taxes they can raise them....

CA has a budget surplus and the 6th largest economy in the world.

From The Wall Street Journal, January 10th, 2018:
Jerry Brown’s Legacy: A $6.1 Billion Budget Surplus in California
LOS ANGELES—California Gov. Jerry Brown appears poised to exit office next year with a top political priority in hand: free from the massive budget deficits that had weighed on his predecessors.

Buoyed by tax increases passed under his administration and a strong economy, Mr. Brown said Wednesday that the state is projecting a $6.1 billion surplus for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1.​

The tax rates for most Americans will be less this year than when that asshole Obama was President.

The tax cut has already taken effect and is supposed to be reflected in paychecks right now. It turns out that the GOP and Conservatives wildly misstated and overestimated how much most Americans would receive in their checks thanks to the cut. It turns out that most Americans don't see much of a change at all; and since you removed the individual mandate for insurance, the increase for people's premiums is equal to or greater than the increase in take-home pay after the cut.

No, it hasn't trickled down and it never will...just like it didn't trickle down in the 80's, just like it didn't trickle down in the 00's, just like it didn't trickle down in Kansas in the 10's.

At some point, you are going to have to give up this feverish devotion to supply-side dogma because it simply doesn't work the way you all continually promise it will.

You are really confused Moon Bat.

I have tried to explain this to you but being a Moon Bat you are not educable.

If you think you are not getting a tax decrease then go right right ahead and think that. That is your Moon Bat stupidity and hate Trump mindset that has you confused. That level of stupidity is hard to fix.

In the meantime I will enjoy my $2K more in spendable income.

Next year I will take home slighly more and pay more in....basically coming out barely ahead...but that's better than losing ground....that's how the new plan works according to my finance guy. Hetold me I wasn't long to get much of a break but a couple of bucks.

my check looks like it did in December,except for the cost of living i got....otherwise...we got a tax break?........

Exactly. Conservatives and Trump said you would get a tax break. This isn't the first time they lied to you, but hopefully it's the first time you realize it.
i can see why you are called the derp....you have made two generalizations about me in a row...i have realized that BOTH sides lie to us and have since before this century started....when did you wake up,last year?.....

If you think you are not getting a tax decrease then go right right ahead and think that. That is your Moon Bat stupidity and hate Trump mindset that has you confused. That level of stupidity is hard to fix.

Conservatives promised that Americans would see the effects of the tax cut in their paychecks.

So they fuckin' bullshitted us, is what you're saying now.

n the meantime I will enjoy my $2K more in spendable income.

1. I don't believe you got a $2K tax cut
2. Even if you did, that $2K gets eaten up by increased health care costs for most Americans (Average premium increase thanks to the repeal of the mandate is an additional 10% over what the increase already is).

According to Conservatives, Trump, and the GOP, all Americans would start seeing the benefit of their tax cut in their paychecks by now. In fact, Paul Ryan very famously tweeted about the extra $1.50 some unnamed teacher got in her paycheck that, after 52 weeks, might be enough for a Costco membership (but not enough to actually buy anything with this membership).

Are you paying attention? Good Lord. LOL

Are you confused?

The taxes don't go into effect until this year.

You will be paying less taxes for 2018.

Compare 2017 tax bill to this years.

I will be paying about $2K less in Federal tax this year. I like having about $200 more spendable income each month. If you aren't paying less money then you aren't doing it right.

According to Conservatives, everyone was supposed to feel the benefits of the tax cut by now in their paychecks. Of course, that assumes that Conservatives were honest about the tax cut's effects, which they weren't.

So do mine but that is because the people doing the withholding did not make a change.

Try using this calculator to determine your tax decrease..

Trump Tax Plan Calculator (Final GOP Bill)

i can see why you are called the derp....you have made two generalizations about me in a row...i have realized that BOTH sides lie to us and have since before this century started....when did you wake up,last year?.....

It's not a both sides thing. One side, Conservatives, told you that you'd see larger paychecks thanks to the tax cut. The fact that you're not is proof that they lied to you. WE told you that this tax cut would be nothing special for you, and that most of it goes to the rich and corporations. But you all screamed that it would somehow magically trickle down. It didn't. Rather than accept responsibility for being duped by Conservatives, you try to shirk that by saying both sides lie, which isn't true. Both sides didn't lie about this tax cut, one side did. That they did has no bearing on anything else.

CA has a budget surplus and the 6th largest economy in the world.

From The Wall Street Journal, January 10th, 2018:
Jerry Brown’s Legacy: A $6.1 Billion Budget Surplus in California
LOS ANGELES—California Gov. Jerry Brown appears poised to exit office next year with a top political priority in hand: free from the massive budget deficits that had weighed on his predecessors.

Buoyed by tax increases passed under his administration and a strong economy, Mr. Brown said Wednesday that the state is projecting a $6.1 billion surplus for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1.​
and they are having all kinds of social problems...and lets see that 6 billion pay for their unfunded pension liabilities...
California public pension shortfall one of nation’s largest
Public Pension Liabilities in California - Public Policy Institute of California
Democrats running for California governor need to stop talking about Trump and start talking about public pensions
O.C. Watchdog: Unfunded pension debt approaching $1 trillion? – Orange County Register

Are you confused?

I will be paying about $2K less in Federal tax this year. I like having about $200 more spendable income each month. If you aren't paying less money then you aren't doing it right.

According to Conservatives, everyone was supposed to feel the benefits of the tax cut by now in their paychecks. Of course, that assumes that Conservatives were honest about the tax cut's effects, which they weren't.

So do mine but that is because the people doing the withholding did not make a change.

the people doing the withholding is the US Govt....

Conservatives promised that Americans would see the effects of the tax cut in their paychecks.

So they fuckin' bullshitted us, is what you're saying now.

n the meantime I will enjoy my $2K more in spendable income.

1. I don't believe you got a $2K tax cut
2. Even if you did, that $2K gets eaten up by increased health care costs for most Americans (Average premium increase thanks to the repeal of the mandate is an additional 10% over what the increase already is).

You Moon Bats don't believe jackshit, do you? You are confused about everything, aren't you?

I am retired with a six figure retirement income. Middle class.Since I live in a low tax state and paid off my mortgage I don't itemize anymore. I am paying at a lesser rate and have a larger deduction. Life is sweet. $2K a year sweeter. I can buy more ammo and more high capacity magazines for my AR-15s. MAGA Baby!

everyone was all about trump's tax cuts.....and yet there has been total silence on how this effected your taxes this year as you settled? My taxes are being done and I cant wait to see the results....

so anyone...how did your taxes compare to last year?

OK. Sweetheart. You wont see this until *next* year. The tax return you just submitted was for 2017 so it will not show the new tax rate.
But my CPA ran a "what if" for me. Instead of paying this year I would have gotten 3000 back. Maybe yours can do that too?

and they are having all kinds of social problems...and lets see that 6 billion pay for their unfunded pension liabilities...

Ah the ambiguous "unfunded liabilities". Tell me something; how long of a period are you looking at when you say they're unfunded? 1 year? 10 years? 50 years? Do you even know? No, because you're just repeating propaganda spoon fed to you by equally dishonest and unintelligent people.

Since these pensions are paid by tax revenues, and since you cannot accurately predict what tax revenues will be 10 years from now, let alone 10 months from now, you can't actually say that there's an "unfunded liabilities" problem because you can't say those liabilities are actually unfunded!

So you're throwing out a red herring for no other purpose than to make you personally feel better.

Get over yourself.

OK. Sweetheart. You wont see this until *next* year.

Conservatives said we'd see it in our paychecks by February this year.

It's now April and few are seeing any positive, noteworthy effects.

Are you confused?

the people doing the withholding is the US Govt....

I think you are a little confused about this.

Whowever pays you the money does the withholding and then sends it to the filthy ass government.

The filthy ass government issues withholding guidelines based up the tax rates.

You can tell the company to withhold more or less by notifying them.

Forum List

Back