Taxing the wealthy the most isn’t about what’s fair - it’s about what is realistic

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense. Republicans can whine about Medicare/Medicaid I guess (until they need it and don’t admit it), but man do they love our defense budget. Bigger the better! Who cares if we have a shit load of tanks and airpower we’ll never use! It makes us look tough! Okay, sure, but guess what? That shit still has to be paid for. That revenue has to be generated realistically to match the high price tag. That revenue out of sheer necessity must come from the abundant wealth that rich people are hoarding because it’s not like the shrinking middle class or poor has the income to pay their fair share. Forget about a flat tax because it’s “fair”. That isn’t the point. It’s about what makes economic sense.

What you forget they can just close up factory's and retire to Tahiti?

You stupid.

Hell even us poor people can fucking leave when taxes get high enough like when I left Illinois in 2004 and never looked back

You have never studied Economics, have you? That is understandable because all you Moon Bats are just as ignorant of Economics as you are of History, Biology, Ethics, Climate Science and the Constitution.
I'm an investment advisor. CFP, ChFC, CLU, 7/65/63. This is my profession and my life.

You are just another talk radio winger. You only "know" what you are fed. Play with someone else, you're out of your league here, and I no longer have the requisite patience.

Dismissed.

First, the GOP, despite its shallow libertarian droning about small government, spends like a 16 year old girl with Daddy's Gold Card. At least the Democrats are fiscally responsible enough to tax for the proceeds to use. You spend your way out of a financial catastrophe, as Obama was forced to do. You don't explode budgets in a period of growth, as Trump is.

Second, in any given economic system, there will always be individuals who are naturally, organically equipped to prosper significantly more within that system, and individuals who are not. An intelligent, prosperous, civilized society knows that you don't extravagantly reward only that select few and leave the rest to struggle. All that will inevitably lead to is...

....third, to steal a line from another poster, a smart socio-economic policy is valuable insurance against social revolution. The masses are human, and will only put up with increasing wealth disparity and income disparity for so long. At some point they will react, and when they do, it's human nature to over-react. The people below the top 5% vote, and they are paying attention.

Libertarian theory is fun 'n stuff, it has value as a general guardrail, but it's not realistic in the long run.

Democrats are like 16 year old girls who max out their daddy’s credit card and cry about fairness because their daddy has cut them off or suggested that they reduce their spending.

The only time Democrats talk about spending cuts is if involves DoD or Intelligence cuts. Republicans do spend but the also propose cuts. One of the best cutting proposals I heard came from the Republican aisle during the Bush era where every program, Defense and Intel included, do an across the board 5 percent cut. Democrats and liberals fought it tooth and nail.

Democrats have no leg to stand on when it comes to “fairness” and they refuse to seriously include cuts as part of the conversation.
Since you immediately and completely changed the subject to the Democrats, I'll assume you don't disagree with my point.

The GOP had the White House, House and Senate, and it's STILL someone's else's fault. The buck always stops elsewhere.

It is not a change of subject. You fired off by trying to blame the Country’s budget woes as if this happened over night by the GOP. You blame the GOP solely and imply that Democrats are the fiscally responsible ones. While I agree that the GOP could cut their spending tendencies, AT LEAST the GOP comes up with some spending cuts. What are the Democrats doing in the line of spending cuts, whether they are a majority or minority ?
I enjoy using wingers' words against them, although sometimes it does get a bit too easy.

If you're going to blame the Dems for something, then you have to take responsibility for the same thing.

Of course, neither party ever does, and I don't expect it.

You are looking to blame or share blame. I am simply asking why Democrats oppose spending cuts? Running up spending and keep hitting up people to pay more out of “fairness” is not a scalable solution.... eventually, the money runs out.

You have never studied Economics, have you? That is understandable because all you Moon Bats are just as ignorant of Economics as you are of History, Biology, Ethics, Climate Science and the Constitution.
I'm an investment advisor. CFP, ChFC, CLU, 7/65/63. This is my profession and my life.

You are just another talk radio winger. You only "know" what you are fed. Play with someone else, you're out of your league here, and I no longer have the requisite patience.

Dismissed.

As an investment adviser, do you shame your clients into paying more of their fair share?

Democrats tax for the receipts?

No they don't, they may talk about it, but then the balless republicans talk about cuts also. Democrats are the least responsible people I know.
When the Republican Party begins demonstrating REAL fiscal responsibility, you can try to make your case.

Until then, all you have is vague economic theory and platitudes.

Sound economic theory doesn't depend on what Republican politicians do
Yes, theory, as I said.
What is that supposed to mean? Unless Republicans walk the plank and cut spending on social programs, we should spend like there is no tomorrow?

That's your conception of rational?
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Those who lack the ability to communicate, collaborate and innovate will, at some point, be left on the sidelines to scream their shallow platitudes while the rest of us work to move this country along.
Move it along to what, spending us into bankruptcy? What's the alternative to controlling spending?

First, the GOP, despite its shallow libertarian droning about small government, spends like a 16 year old girl with Daddy's Gold Card. At least the Democrats are fiscally responsible enough to tax for the proceeds to use. You spend your way out of a financial catastrophe, as Obama was forced to do. You don't explode budgets in a period of growth, as Trump is.

Second, in any given economic system, there will always be individuals who are naturally, organically equipped to prosper significantly more within that system, and individuals who are not. An intelligent, prosperous, civilized society knows that you don't extravagantly reward only that select few and leave the rest to struggle. All that will inevitably lead to is...

....third, to steal a line from another poster, a smart socio-economic policy is valuable insurance against social revolution. The masses are human, and will only put up with increasing wealth disparity and income disparity for so long. At some point they will react, and when they do, it's human nature to over-react. The people below the top 5% vote, and they are paying attention.

Libertarian theory is fun 'n stuff, it has value as a general guardrail, but it's not realistic in the long run.

Democrats are like 16 year old girls who max out their daddy’s credit card and cry about fairness because their daddy has cut them off or suggested that they reduce their spending.

The only time Democrats talk about spending cuts is if involves DoD or Intelligence cuts. Republicans do spend but the also propose cuts. One of the best cutting proposals I heard came from the Republican aisle during the Bush era where every program, Defense and Intel included, do an across the board 5 percent cut. Democrats and liberals fought it tooth and nail.

Democrats have no leg to stand on when it comes to “fairness” and they refuse to seriously include cuts as part of the conversation.
Since you immediately and completely changed the subject to the Democrats, I'll assume you don't disagree with my point.

The GOP had the White House, House and Senate, and it's STILL someone's else's fault. The buck always stops elsewhere.

It is not a change of subject. You fired off by trying to blame the Country’s budget woes as if this happened over night by the GOP. You blame the GOP solely and imply that Democrats are the fiscally responsible ones. While I agree that the GOP could cut their spending tendencies, AT LEAST the GOP comes up with some spending cuts. What are the Democrats doing in the line of spending cuts, whether they are a majority or minority ?
I enjoy using wingers' words against them, although sometimes it does get a bit too easy.

If you're going to blame the Dems for something, then you have to take responsibility for the same thing.

Of course, neither party ever does, and I don't expect it.

You are looking to blame or share blame. I am simply asking why Democrats oppose spending cuts? Running up spending and keep hitting up people to pay more out of “fairness” is not a scalable solution.... eventually, the money runs out.
Because that's who they are. They're currently in a contest to see which nominee can promise more, without any remorse whatsoever.

Those in the party with the most influence right now are straight up nuts. The problem is, their counterparts in the GOP are also unreasonable.

When the Republican Party begins demonstrating REAL fiscal responsibility, you can try to make your case.

Sound economic theory doesn't depend on what Republican politicians do
Yes, theory, as I said.
What is that supposed to mean? Unless Republicans walk the plank and cut spending on social programs, we should spend like there is no tomorrow?

That's your conception of rational?
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Those who lack the ability to communicate, collaborate and innovate will, at some point, be left on the sidelines to scream their shallow platitudes while the rest of us work to move this country along.
Move it along to what, spending us into bankruptcy? What's the alternative to controlling spending?
Finding the proper equilibrium between taxing and spending.

But since we no longer collaborate and innovate, there's no reason to think that will happen any time soon.

Dismissed.

As an investment adviser, do you shame your clients into paying more of their fair share?
I work with them to mitigate tax law as it stands at any given time.

I have very few wealthy clients who bitch and moan about taxes anywhere near as frequently as the rank & file GOP does.

Last edited:
A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense. Republicans can whine about Medicare/Medicaid I guess (until they need it and don’t admit it), but man do they love our defense budget. Bigger the better! Who cares if we have a shit load of tanks and airpower we’ll never use! It makes us look tough! Okay, sure, but guess what? That shit still has to be paid for. That revenue has to be generated realistically to match the high price tag. That revenue out of sheer necessity must come from the abundant wealth that rich people are hoarding because it’s not like the shrinking middle class or poor has the income to pay their fair share. Forget about a flat tax because it’s “fair”. That isn’t the point. It’s about what makes economic sense.

First, the GOP, despite its shallow libertarian droning about small government, spends like a 16 year old girl with Daddy's Gold Card. At least the Democrats are fiscally responsible enough to tax for the proceeds to use. You spend your way out of a financial catastrophe, as Obama was forced to do. You don't explode budgets in a period of growth, as Trump did.

Democrats tax for the receipts?

No they don't, they may talk about it, but then the balless republicans talk about cuts also. Democrats are the least responsible people I know.

Gotta go where the money is

800px-Distribution_of_Wealth_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Billy after he's been on some weird stuff late at night, cranking up about rich people, GOP, yadda yadda:

tenor.gif
Nah, as usual, my logic is undeniable.

It doesn't make sense. The gov't has no right to MORE of people's money just because they have MORE of it, Billy.

Make your "logical" case for that, if you dare.

It's not all the "people's money". The government simply printed it up. No one earned it. With this being the case why should it not be more equitably dispersed?

Why should some get money to buy a yacht but it's wrong for others to get some for an education?

Haha...Billy The Shameless Beggar and his begging buddies at it again...haha
LefTard Logic:
“Live and let live...BUT live off the fruits of others labor.”
You shameless sack of shits are fascinating.
Remember beggars, you can’t have 100 million pet humans / wetbacks and all the free shit your begging heart desires.
Pull your own fucking weight you filthy lowlifes.....Top 20% of Americans Will Pay 87% of Income Tax

Dismissed.

You are a fucking idiot.

Who in their right mind would ever think that it is better to give the money they make to the fucking government rather than spending it themselves? I feel sorry for any of your clients with a moron advisor like you.

Of course you greedy little shits don't look at it that way. You want other people to pay more taxes, not yourself.

Dismissed.

You are a fucking idiot.

Who in their right mind would ever think that it is better to give the money they make to the fucking government rather than spending it themselves? I feel sorry for any of your clients with a moron advisor like you.

Of course you greedy little shits don't look at it that way. You want other people to pay more taxes, not yourself.

Who exactly made the billions the Fed pumped into the markets?

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich”........

Yes it is you ignorant sack of shit. Your entire post is sheer ignorance. "Fair" is everybody chipping in their fair share.

I say, fair is 12%.
If you make Ten thousand then you chip in $1,200.
If you make Ten billion then you chip in $1,200,000,000.

That's called "Fair" you ignoramus. What YOU want is for a few people to pay all the taxes, and most people to pay none, which is actually what is happening right now.

Shut your stupid cock gobbler you idiot. You obviously haven't got a clue.

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense.

Rot in hell you thieving lowlife scum. Before you ask us for one more dime of OUR money clean up your $4 trillion dollar a year mess of fraud and corruption and stupid shit spending habits THEN get on your knees and beg us for more money.

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense.

Rot in hell you thieving lowlife scum. Before you ask us for one more dime of OUR money clean up your $4 trillion dollar a year mess of fraud and corruption and stupid shit spending habits THEN get on your knees and beg us for more money.

How did the billions the fed pumped into the markets become just "your money"?

Let's talk about realistic. The wealthy don't have enough income to pay for even the smallest of the democrat candidates' wild eyed proposals if you taxed them at 100%, so stop pretending that we can afford them. We have massive deficits already because Washington won't apply any fiscal restraint on anything. So sure, tax the wealthy heavily if you think it's the right thing to do, but don't pretend that will solve any of Washington's financial issues.

The middle class always ends up paying the majority of everything, simply because that's where the real money is.

Let's talk about realistic. The wealthy don't have enough income to pay for even the smallest of the democrat candidates' wild eyed proposals if you taxed them at 100%, so stop pretending that we can afford them. We have massive deficits already because Washington won't apply any fiscal restraint on anything. So sure, tax the wealthy heavily if you think it's the right thing to do, but don't pretend that will solve any of Washington's financial issues.

The middle class always ends up paying the majority of everything, simply because that's where the real money is.

If we do not have to pay for the wars and bail outs, why do we have to pay for health care?

Who cares if we have a shit load of tanks and airpower we’ll never use!

You can always turn an aircraft carrier into a homeless shelter.

You can't very well hold back the North Korean Army with a battalion of crack addicts.

Everyone hopes we never have to use any of our power, but having it does deter a lot of aggression. Strangely enough, MAD seems to work.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back