Taxing the wealthy the most isn’t about what’s fair - it’s about what is realistic

won't matter if taxes destroy the economy
.....CUT government spending--they keep spending more and more--you have to cut it off to stop the debt
....I remember reading about the Medieval times--and how taxes destroyed the communities
ENOUGH of the spending--and they spend a lot on crap

Trump added 54 billion to defense spending. Don't bitch to me about cutting spending.

He intends to cut $100B in wetback spending to offset it though...The Party Of Filthy Foreigners intends to recruit more pet humans, more of the worlds trash. What then?

It's business that is recruiting them.

What businesses...Gustavo’s Tire and Manuel’s Tree Trimming?
I live near the most beanerized, wetback infested cities in America...they all work off the books for other wetbacks...the wetback world is an underground, mostly self serving economy within our economy.

Is it “businesses” offering the sanctuary, free shit, education, healthcare...etc?

Just so you don't think I ignored you. I'm not replying to someone that replies in the manner you do.

Haha...yeah yeah, I don’t engage people who make me look like an ignorant fool either...Good call.

You have never studied Economics, have you? That is understandable because all you Moon Bats are just as ignorant of Economics as you are of History, Biology, Ethics, Climate Science and the Constitution.
I'm an investment advisor. CFP, ChFC, CLU, 7/65/63. This is my profession and my life.

You are just another talk radio winger. You only "know" what you are fed. Play with someone else, you're out of your league here, and I no longer have the requisite patience.

Dismissed.

As an investment adviser, do you shame your clients into paying more of their fair share?
I work with them to mitigate tax law as it stands at any given time.

I have very few wealthy clients who bitch and moan about taxes anywhere near as frequently as the rank & file GOP does.

That’s because most of the Democrats tax the rich plans include working middle class .... aka rank and file GOP. That’s the problem with “tax the wealthy” plans. It’s the working middle class that gets screwed.

That is one of the big lies of the Democrats.

What they call the "rich" usually includes those that are not really rich but a two person working middle class family. Like me as an Engineer and my school teacher wife.

The real rich don't have enough money to pay for everything the filthy Left desires so that is why they have to tap just about anybody with a job with higher taxes.

Speaking of being an Engineer and having a school teacher wife. Most years the take home pay of my wife just about equaled the combined (state, federal and local) yearly taxes we had to pay when we include everything. In other words in a two income home one person had to work just to pa the friggin taxes. Despicable, isn't it? No wonder Americans can't get ahead when the cost of government is so high.

First, the GOP, despite its shallow libertarian droning about small government, spends like a 16 year old girl with Daddy's Gold Card. At least the Democrats are fiscally responsible enough to tax for the proceeds to use. You spend your way out of a financial catastrophe, as Obama was forced to do. You don't explode budgets in a period of growth, as Trump did.

Second, in any given economic system, there will always be individuals who are naturally, organically equipped to prosper significantly more within that system, and individuals who are not. An intelligent, prosperous, civilized society knows that you don't extravagantly reward only that select few and leave the rest to struggle. All that will inevitably lead to is...

....third, to steal a line from another poster, a smart socio-economic policy is valuable insurance against social revolution. The masses are human, and will only put up with increasing wealth disparity and income disparity for so long. At some point they will react, and when they do, it's human nature to over-react. The people below the top 5% vote, and they are paying attention.

Libertarian theory is fun 'n stuff, it has value as a general guardrail, but it's not realistic in the long run.

Democrats tax for the receipts?

No they don't, they may talk about it, but then the balless republicans talk about cuts also. Democrats are the least responsible people I know.

Democrats tax for the receipts?

Remember when Obama said he'd hike the cap gains tax rate, for fairness, even though it would mean lower receipts? That was awesome!!!

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense. Republicans can whine about Medicare/Medicaid I guess (until they need it and don’t admit it), but man do they love our defense budget. Bigger the better! Who cares if we have a shit load of tanks and airpower we’ll never use! It makes us look tough! Okay, sure, but guess what? That shit still has to be paid for. That revenue has to be generated realistically to match the high price tag. That revenue out of sheer necessity must come from the abundant wealth that rich people are hoarding because it’s not like the shrinking middle class or poor has the income to pay their fair share. Forget about a flat tax because it’s “fair”. That isn’t the point. It’s about what makes economic sense.

Right, because imposing confiscatory taxes on the wealthy has worked so well in England, Cuba, Spain, Greece, Italy, Venezuela, the old Soviet Union, etc., etc.

I'll tell you what makes sense, what has worked for every family, business, state, and country that has ever tried it: you spend a little less than you take in and put aside the remainder as a reserve fund.
Well we know it works well because...we already do it! In fact, in the 50’s, the tax rate was 90% for the wealthy and that was a time of great economic growth.

In fact, in the 50’s, the tax rate was 90% for the wealthy and that was a time of great economic growth.

Let's raise the federal income tax to 90% on everyone in California.
How much will their economy grow next year?

You have never studied Economics, have you? That is understandable because all you Moon Bats are just as ignorant of Economics as you are of History, Biology, Ethics, Climate Science and the Constitution.
I'm an investment advisor. CFP, ChFC, CLU, 7/65/63. This is my profession and my life.

You are just another talk radio winger. You only "know" what you are fed. Play with someone else, you're out of your league here, and I no longer have the requisite patience.

Dismissed.

You are a fucking idiot.

Who in their right mind would ever think that it is better to give the money they make to the fucking government rather than spending it themselves? I feel sorry for any of your clients with a moron advisor like you.

Of course you greedy little shits don't look at it that way. You want other people to pay more taxes, not yourself.
Dittos 'n MAGA 'n red hat 'n stuff.

What does someone like Warren Buffet do? They pay themselves very little so that they fall into the lowest regular income bracket.
And that’s under the failed progressive tax system the idiot OP advocates for. A flat tax eliminates that problem as well.

Are we learning yet, leftists?

What does someone like Warren Buffet do? They pay themselves very little so that they fall into the lowest regular income bracket.
And that’s under the failed progressive tax system the idiot OP advocates for. A flat tax eliminates that problem as well.

Are we learning yet, leftists?

I am pro-life. I am pro-second amendment. I believe we need a balanced budget. I'm arguing for true capitalism. What makes me a leftist?

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Those who lack the ability to communicate, collaborate and innovate will, at some point, be left on the sidelines to scream their shallow platitudes while the rest of us work to move this country along.
The only thing funnier than Mac thinking he is informed is Mac thinking he’s relevant.

Snowflake, you won’t be doing anything. You aren’t informed enough to be part of the conversation.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. Those who lack the ability to communicate, collaborate and innovate will, at some point, be left on the sidelines to scream their shallow platitudes while the rest of us work to move this country along.
The only thing funnier than Mac thinking he is informed is Mac thinking he’s relevant.

Snowflake, you won’t be doing anything. You aren’t informed enough to be part of the conversation.
I sure can trigger wingers on both ends. You're just the latest example.

Enjoy your talk radio Kool Aid. I have no such luxury. I have to operate in the real world.

I notice you guys keep leaving out a lot of that post.
A favorite tactic of the left is to bury their failure by droning on and on and on. The right combats that by breaking down each part and exposing the idiocy.

The left hates when things are simplified because it leaves them nothing to hide behind.

Enjoy your talk radio Kool Aid. I have no such luxury. I have to operate in the real world.
The real world has unequivocally illustrated 100% of the time - for over 100 years now - that conservative policy ends in prosperity, while progressive policy ends in poverty.

We just came off of two years of unprecedented prosperity under President Trump and the Republicans.

Facts matter, Mac.

We just came off of two years of unprecedented prosperity under President Trump and the Republicans.
You just bolded, colored, italicized and underlined "unprecedented prosperity."

That's what you have been told, and that's what you believe. You bought it.

This is disturbing. This is not good. This is a real problem.

I seriously wish I hadn't seen that.

First of all, that doesn’t make economics your “profession”. That makes the stock market your profession, nitwit.

And second, just because you do it doesn’t make you good at it. There are plenty of incompetent, unqualified people doing all kinds of jobs. Hell, Barack Obama was elected President of the United States and he was completely unqualified.

I have very few wealthy clients who bitch and moan about taxes anywhere near as frequently as the rank & file GOP does.
Um...that’s because you’re not their accountant...you dumb dickhead. Why would they bitch to their financial advisor about taxes? :eusa_doh:

Forum List

Back