Taxing the wealthy the most isn’t about what’s fair - it’s about what is realistic

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense. Republicans can whine about Medicare/Medicaid I guess (until they need it and don’t admit it), but man do they love our defense budget. Bigger the better! Who cares if we have a shit load of tanks and airpower we’ll never use! It makes us look tough! Okay, sure, but guess what? That shit still has to be paid for. That revenue has to be generated realistically to match the high price tag. That revenue out of sheer necessity must come from the abundant wealth that rich people are hoarding because it’s not like the shrinking middle class or poor has the income to pay their fair share. Forget about a flat tax because it’s “fair”. That isn’t the point. It’s about what makes economic sense.

Define “wealthy”

Trump added 54 billion to defense spending. Don't bitch to me about cutting spending.
Defense is the constitutional responsibility of the federal government and a major necessity. Studying shrimp jogging on underwater treadmills is not. :eusa_doh:

if anything they need to freeze tax hikes
they should be CUTTING taxes
Just default on the 22 trillion in debt?
No...gut spending. We currently take in about $4 trillion per year in taxes. Cap spending at $2 trillion. The national debt will be paid off in 11 years.

So simple, only the left is baffled by it.

The left? I'm sorry, is that what Trump did? Is that what Bush did?

Trump added 54 billion to defense spending. Don't bitch to me about cutting spending.
Defense is the constitutional responsibility of the federal government and a major necessity. Studying shrimp jogging on underwater treadmills is not. :eusa_doh:

So that means we do not have to pay for it?

P.S. defending our borders is a requirement. What we are doing is not.

First, the GOP, despite its shallow libertarian droning about small government, spends like a 16 year old girl with Daddy's Gold Card. At least the Democrats are fiscally responsible enough to tax for the proceeds to use. You spend your way out of a financial catastrophe, as Obama was forced to do. You don't explode budgets in a period of growth, as Trump is.
Totally debunked Keynesian claptrap.

Indisputable proof that Mac1958 - like all leftists - are completely ignorant of basic economics.

No...that means it is illegal to pay for it. Study the constitution and then come back.

Bush is a vintage Kennedy-era liberal. President Trump cannot eliminate Social Security, Medicaid, Obamacare, etc. Pay attention here. Try to keep up.

A progressive tax system isn’t “punishing the rich” or being a freeloader poor person in comparison. It’s about what makes goddamn sense. Republicans can whine about Medicare/Medicaid I guess (until they need it and don’t admit it), but man do they love our defense budget. Bigger the better! Who cares if we have a shit load of tanks and airpower we’ll never use! It makes us look tough! Okay, sure, but guess what? That shit still has to be paid for. That revenue has to be generated realistically to match the high price tag. That revenue out of sheer necessity must come from the abundant wealth that rich people are hoarding because it’s not like the shrinking middle class or poor has the income to pay their fair share. Forget about a flat tax because it’s “fair”. That isn’t the point. It’s about what makes economic sense.

It's quite clear you are thoroughly unacquainted with the concepts of Economics and Human Nature.

Billy after he's been on some weird stuff late at night, cranking up about rich people, GOP, yadda yadda:

tenor.gif
Nah, as usual, my logic is undeniable.

Your logic is DENIABLE because simple math proves your ignorance!

Let's take all the assets of the 3 richest families of the USA and convert to cash!
The Walton fortune has swelled by $39 billion, to $191 billion, since topping the June 2018 ranking of the world’s richest families.
Other American dynasties are close behind in terms of the assets they’ve accrued. The Mars family, of candy fame, added $37 billion, bringing its fortune to $127 billion. The Kochs, the industrialists-cum-political-power-players, tacked on $26 billion, to $125 billion.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

So we seize the above 3 families $443 billion in assets and convert to cash to add to Federal Revenue....
What happens to 2,445,000 employees of these seized families' wealth and converted to cash?
So let's assume average salary is $47,000/How Much Is the Average Salary for US Workers?
times 2,445,000 employees times 12.4% payroll taxes... GONE!
You have to subtract $14.3 billion from Federal revenue.
Pay unemployment of $400/week/employee for 26 weeks: $25.5 Billion...
Total loss and additional outlay of just these 3 families assets converted to cash for Federal govt. $40 Billion in revenue.
But you've made up for it in ONE time cash conversion of $443 billion!
What happens the next year?

No...that means it is illegal to pay for it. Study the constitution and then come back.

LOL.....OK. Always with the excuses for corporate welfare.

Bush is a vintage Kennedy-era liberal. President Trump cannot eliminate Social Security, Medicaid, Obamacare, etc. Pay attention here. Try to keep up.

He can not add 54 billion to the military that was not paid for. He can refuse to sign a budget that does not cut the ever increasing deficits.

First, the GOP, despite its shallow libertarian droning about small government, spends like a 16 year old girl with Daddy's Gold Card. At least the Democrats are fiscally responsible enough to tax for the proceeds to use. You spend your way out of a financial catastrophe, as Obama was forced to do. You don't explode budgets in a period of growth, as Trump is.
Totally debunked Keynesian claptrap.

Indisputable proof that Mac1958 - like all leftists - are completely ignorant of basic economics.

Hey, as I said, you guys are just too smart, informed and experienced for me.

Plus you have all the best words and the biggest brains.

No way I can compete with that!

The research from our Military Budget has given you a lot of benefits in life that you may not realize.

I will admit the Military does bloat their budget and our government pays it but do not be foolish to think that you do not benefit from the technology advancement from it!

Yet, any R&D investment will yield secondary benefits in other areas

Dittos 'n MAGA 'n red hat 'n stuff.
And "funny" when your empty-headed statist codswallop gets called for the vapid bullshit that it is.
I know, I know. You guys are just too dang smart, informed and experienced for me.
I know, I know....You're really not a "winger", even though you can vomit up their lame-brained, economically illiterate, state worshiping boilerplate with equal aplomb.

Dittos 'n MAGA 'n red hat 'n stuff.
And "funny" when your empty-headed statist codswallop gets called for the vapid bullshit that it is.
I know, I know. You guys are just too dang smart, informed and experienced for me.
I know, I know....You're really not a "winger", even though you can vomit up their lame-brained, economically illiterate, state worshiping boilerplate with equal aplomb.
Hey, if I had known that all I had to do to learn this stuff was listen to talk radio, I wouldn't have wasted all that time and effort getting all those freaking credentials and working with all those clients!

Holy crap! I must REALLY be dumb, you're so right! I'm gonna tell all my clients to just listen to Rush, Sean and Levin! Thank you for bestowing upon me The Truth!

Billy after he's been on some weird stuff late at night, cranking up about rich people, GOP, yadda yadda:

tenor.gif
Nah, as usual, my logic is undeniable.

Your logic is DENIABLE because simple math proves your ignorance!

Let's take all the assets of the 3 richest families of the USA and convert to cash!
The Walton fortune has swelled by $39 billion, to $191 billion, since topping the June 2018 ranking of the world’s richest families.
Other American dynasties are close behind in terms of the assets they’ve accrued. The Mars family, of candy fame, added $37 billion, bringing its fortune to $127 billion. The Kochs, the industrialists-cum-political-power-players, tacked on $26 billion, to $125 billion.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

So we seize the above 3 families $443 billion in assets and convert to cash to add to Federal Revenue....
What happens to 2,445,000 employees of these seized families' wealth and converted to cash?
So let's assume average salary is $47,000/How Much Is the Average Salary for US Workers?
times 2,445,000 employees times 12.4% payroll taxes... GONE!
You have to subtract $14.3 billion from Federal revenue.
Pay unemployment of $400/week/employee for 26 weeks: $25.5 Billion...
Total loss and additional outlay of just these 3 families assets converted to cash for Federal govt. $40 Billion in revenue.
But you've made up for it in ONE time cash conversion of $443 billion!
What happens the next year?

Billy is a typical college educated liberal who never took math.

LOL.....OK. Always with the excuses for corporate welfare.
Uh...what?!? The U.S. Constitution makes "corporate welfare" illegal as well. Like I said, go study it first and THEN come back.

Forum List

Back