Teacher breastfeeding in class draws criticism from students, parents

In my opinion, there are things in which mothers don't have to get the whole world involved with!

Breastfeeding in public is one.....changing soiled nappies on top of restaurant tables is another.....that sort of private thing.

Think of others for fig's sake!

In my opinion, there are things in which mothers don't have to get the whole world involved with!

Breastfeeding in public is one.....changing soiled nappies on top of restaurant tables is another.....that sort of private thing.

Think of others for fig's sake!

It's an art that seems to be fading away.

I gotta admit, it doesn't bother me to see someone breastfeeding in public, just not at work. Women get very good at being pretty darned discreet, and from what I've seen the teacher was, but it was still not work-appropriate behavior.

I tried nursing one time in public.....at the mall. I had all the coverup stuff I needed, but my baby wouldn't stop wiggling and pulling at it all. It was miserable for me, I wasn't comfortable. I never did it again.

It's like some mothers want a medal because they breastfeed their babies!

That's what mothers do.

Period.

What employer let's a worker bring their baby to work? And what employer would put up with her breastfeeding the baby in front of others that may be offended by it? I have never seen it happen before, and this teacher was wrong to think it was ok to do.
If people are offended by a woman breast feeding, they have a problem and should not be catered to.

These are kids, and she should have had the common sense to know that her actions would not go unnoticed nowadays. She should have realized this would be controversial, and unless she's a breast feeding activist and wanted to draw attention, she should know she's going to become a news story.
Not really bright in 2014 with 35 kids in a room all with cameras and direct lines to social networks.
Another person who replies without reading.

What employer let's a worker bring their baby to work? And what employer would put up with her breastfeeding the baby in front of others that may be offended by it? I have never seen it happen before, and this teacher was wrong to think it was ok to do.
If people are offended by a woman breast feeding, they have a problem and should not be catered to.
They aren't just people. They are kids in a room they are required to be in being forced to watch someone whip their titties out.

They aren't just people. They are kids in a room they are required to be in being forced to watch someone whip their titties out.

That's hyperbole. According to the article, she sat in the back of the classroom, an you can nurse without "whipping her titties out."

and what's worse, she didn't share..

Is that how you breast feed your boyfriend?

I don't think caring for your child while you are supposed to be teaching is correct behavior.

That people are freaking out over the breast feeding aspect is just plain weird.

I don't have a problem with it! But she shouldn't have brought the baby to work. Besides, when my DIL breastfed, if she was going to be out when it was time for a feeding she would always put her breastmilk in a regular baby bottle for those times. Some people are offended by it & it's only a courtesy to others.

It's like some mothers want a medal because they breastfeed their babies!

That's what mothers do.

Period.

All mothers deserve a medal.

Especially when they take the time to raise their children correctly!

I was replying to people having a problem with breastfeeding, I was not defending her actions. So many people here cannot read and comprehend.

I was replying to people having a problem with breastfeeding, I was not defending her actions. So many people here cannot read and comprehend.
I comprehend that just fine. I have not commented on the breastfeeding part. My issue is with the captive audience part.

Forum List

Back