Teacher Compensation

they do a lot of Damage to the individuals that they teach .
many teacher and adninistration are unamerican scum , see what they teach kids about Guns and RIGHTS Admiral , and they do it for taxpayer MONEY . I did post a few links in the thread , i might repost them for you Admiral .

So?

I don't like it any more than you do, but you want to punish ALL teachers for the actions of a few.

Fire their asses would have been my reaction if they worked for me.

---------------------------- looks at the public schools that just allowed the punks out of school to attend a political protest to remove RIGHTS from their parents and other American adults . i think that the brainwasher type teachers as shown in Post 119 most of these teachers are Union and very few can be fired for what they teach Admiral .

and more examples can be found all day long , simply 'google' Admiral . But the examples i post represent lots of taxpayer paid public school teachers Admiral .

many teacher and adninistration are unamerican scum , see what they teach kids about Guns and RIGHTS Admiral , and they do it for taxpayer MONEY . I did post a few links in the thread , i might repost them for you Admiral .

So?

I don't like it any more than you do, but you want to punish ALL teachers for the actions of a few.

---------------------------- looks at the public schools that just allowed the punks out of school to attend a political protest to remove RIGHTS from their parents and other American adults . i think that the brainwasher type teachers as shown in Post 119 most of these teachers are Union and very few can be fired for what they teach Admiral .

No. You don't think. That is your problem.

The schools had a choice. Let the kids protest without penalty or punish the massive number of kids that did protest. Is that what you would have preferred? Let's disrupt the entire education for weeks on end rather than a few minutes for them to show their ignorance! That sounds like a great idea!

another one for you Admiral --- --- cute well spoken kid Admiral .

Key word - "one".

Do you not see that broad brush you are using?

-------------------- and more than 20 kids were polutted by that one teacher and another named 'mr. stroud. if you read the article . And not so broad a brush , many liberal teachers pollute public schools with unAmerican attitudes and information . I simply post a few examples Admiral .

and more examples can be found all day long , simply 'google' Admiral . But the examples i post represent lots of taxpayer paid public school teachers Admiral .

I don't need to Google, dumbass! I guarantee that I follow this topic much closer than you do.

When you can provide me about a couple hundred thousand examples, then perhaps you will have a point other than the one on your head!

In case you don't realize, there are douchebags, jerks, assholes, Communists, sexual deviants, perverts, and liberals everywhere! Just deciding that you want them to go away doesn't cut it! The fact that you broad brush everyone is a testament to your own lack of moral character.

another one for you Admiral --- --- cute well spoken kid Admiral .

Key word - "one".

Do you not see that broad brush you are using?

-------------------- and more than 20 kids were polutted by that one teacher and another named 'mr. stroud. if you read the article . And not so broad a brush , many liberal teachers pollute public schools with unAmerican attitudes and information . I simply post a few examples Admiral .

No, you post the ones that make the news. How about the 170 students I have that are supporting their teacher, who is a member of our National Guard deploying overseas and unable to finish the school year. Did you read about that in the lame stream media?

For every negative story you find, there are literally hundreds of stories that do not get a bit of acknowledgement, but they get plenty of derision by assholes like you who seem to think they are all alike!

So?

The schools had a choice. Let the kids protest without penalty or punish the massive number of kids that did protest. Is that what you would have preferred? Let's disrupt the entire education for weeks on end rather than a few minutes for them to show their ignorance! That sounds like a great idea!
--------------------------------------- yeah , let the punk kids run the public schools that are already polluted . Point is that the teacher , administrators kissed punk kids azzes and sent these punks to the political protests to disarm their parents and other American Adults . [chuckle] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And unrelated and OFF TOPIC but Veterans are doing the same work as these punk kids , their teachers and School Administrators . Same for Retired Military 'generals' [and probably Admirals] as they also work against Americans owning semi auto rifles . ---------- Are you really 'mrobamas' Retired RR. Admiral 'john kirby' Admiral ??

I don't need to Google, dumbass! I guarantee that I follow this topic much closer than you do.

When you can provide me about a couple hundred thousand examples, then perhaps you will have a point other than the one on your head!

In case you don't realize, there are douchebags, jerks, assholes, Communists, sexual deviants, perverts, and liberals everywhere! Just deciding that you want them to go away doesn't cut it! The fact that you broad brush everyone is a testament to your own lack of moral character.
------------------------------------------- i don't want them to go anywhere as i watch and see what they do as they pollute the youth. I just advertise them as best i can as information to people that MIGHT be interested . Yeah , you probably are 'mrobamas' RR. Admiral 'john kirby' or have kids that are teachers eh Admiral ??

So?

--------------------------------------- yeah , let the punk kids run the public schools that are already polluted . Point is that the teacher , administrators kissed punk kids azzes and sent these punks to the political protests to disarm their parents and other American Adults . [chuckle] --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And unrelated and OFF TOPIC but Veterans are doing the same work as these punk kids , their teachers and School Administrators . Same for Retired Military 'generals' [and probably Admirals] as they also work against Americans owning semi auto rifles . ---------- Are you really 'mrobamas' Retired RR. Admiral 'john kirby' Admiral ??

OK, since you want to be a keyboard commando, let me educate you. The decisions about the protests are not made by teachers. Teachers do not make those kind of decisions. We don't get together and vote on issues and then tell the superintendent or principal what we decided. In my district, it was our superintendent with the consent of the school board, so take your ignorant opinions and shove them where the sun does not shine!

I would like to apologize for the failure of your teachers to give you the critical thinking skills you need to overcome your dumbass attitudes!

------------------------------------------- i don't want them to go anywhere as i watch and see what they do as they pollute the youth. I just advertise them as best i can as information to people that MIGHT be interested . Yeah , you probably are 'mrobamas' RR. Admiral 'john kirby' or have kids that are teachers eh Admiral ??

I have been a teacher for 21 years, dumbass!

the Taxpayer paid superintendent and administrators probably make the decision Admiral or the Teachers Unions and the Teacher probably plan and participate Admiral .

It is a case of priorities of your state and you get what you pay for

These states look at education as nonessential and are willing to hire those who may not be the best available. The bottom of the barrel is good enough to educate their youth

There is only so much money to go around. Raising education spending may require cuts to police or fire departments or highways or whatever. States cannot print their own money so if teachers need to be paid more, then you should tell us what you think should be cut to pay for it. Whenever teacher pay makes the front page of the paper (or police pay or sanitation workers pay) I know for certain I can expect 1) to see the real estate assessor's car setting in front of my house reassessing my property and 2) Enhanced enforcement of zoning/local code is about to start up. They just raised rates over 11% this year so they know they will not be able to raise those again anytime soon so they will inflate assessments.
Again, you get what you pay for

If education is not a priority, teachers are always at the back of the line
A college educated teacher who is not even making $40,000 after ten years on the job will find better options

The private & parochial schools here are the best.. the gubmint schools, not so much.

so the Admiral is a Taxpayer paid teacher . Thanks for that info Teach .

and hey , i could do this all day , just google , Teacher abuses young students or any variation . But here is one from a few days ago . --- https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/teacher-allegedly-performed-oral-sex-on-13-year-old-in-class/ --- i mean , hey , its funny as i hear Teachers whining about wanting more money and people lauding TEACHERS for their education and teaching abilty . Its just funny MaryAnn .
Carry on.

Just so you can think all Teachers are rotten because of some.

Here is hoping your kids are out of school.

When I was in retailing many years ago (with Hill's Department Stores), we had a job that needed to be done. Empty boxes of incoming stuff and stock the shelves. We were an absolutely-self-serve discount department store, so the most convenient time to do this was the middle of the day. We employed a small army of WOMEN under the following employment paradigm: You work from 10:00am to 2:00pm, with one 15-minute break, at slightly over minimum wage. No benefits, no vacation, no raises, no nothing. We were absolutely clear with applicants that this was the deal.

Who would take such a job? Happy housewives wanting a little extra money, moms who wanted to work a schedule that allowed them to continue being full-time moms, "retired" women. We had no trouble finding and keeping women to take these positions, and turnover was negligible. They required minimal supervision, and got the job done.

At around the same time, a friend of mine was an elected State Representative in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. His salary was about $6,000/yr, with minimal benefits. It wasn't a full-time job, but the commitment was pretty-much full time, due to constituent needs.

Who would take such a job? Mostly lawyers, but also business owners who had flexible schedules, farmers, people with other sources of income (a working spouse?), people who had retired from their careers. The occasional crook.

In both of these cases, you have a "job" that DOES NOT PAY A LIVING WAGE. People considering that "job" have to assess, in advance, whether it satisfies their personal needs, and if it doesn't, they need to look elsewhere. There is nothing unreasonable about this, on the part of the employer. The employer, in structuring the job in this way, recognizes that MOST PEOPLE will not be willing to take the job under these constraints, so they are passing on possibly the "best people for the job," but it's a tradeoff.

Not surprisingly, the legislators in Pennsylvania gradually over many years declared that Representative was a FULL-TIME job, and they have paid themselves accordingly, including splendid benefits, and a pension to die for, if you will excuse the totally inappropriate metaphor.

And now we come to TEACHERS.

In many states, the State has decided, wisely or not, to compensate their teachers at a wage that is significantly less than what an exemplary college graduate might make at a full-time job in the private sector (or even in Government). Why would they do such a thing? Well, there's June, July, and August, and the fact that it's arguably not a "full-time job" in the other months of the year (after the first couple years).

But it doesn't really matter WHY they pay their teachers what they do. Maybe they have made a decision, based on the best information they have available, that they can staff their schools adequately at this wage. Maybe they know that at that wage, they will not get the most economically ambitious grads, they will not get many STEM graduates, and High Schools Chemistry in, say, West Virginia, will be taught by History majors who have taken a couple of college Chem classes, rather than a grad with a degree in Organic Chemistry.

But there is no deception here. Applicants for teaching positions in those states know exactly what they will be making, and there is no promise of riches down the road. They have to decide whether that wage and those benefits will meet their needs, and if it doesn't, they need to look elsewhere. The State knows that many would-be teachers will go into another field or leave the state. But they have made that decision, and so be it. (One might point out that the teachers in states where teachers are WELL paid are rarely Phi Beta Kappa material either).

So massive strikes against such State Education Systems are bullshit. As with collective bargaining, they are a Leftist-led assault on the hapless taxpayers, in the name of "fairness."

Since when is it unfair to keep one's promises, as the respective States have done? If you don't like it, if you can't live on those wages, then go somewhere else. Most people in the Real World do this periodically throughout their working lives, with little trauma or gnashing of teeth. The state schools will have NO TROUBLE replacing each and every teacher who departs.
But what if some of these teachers actually WANT to teach? Teaching as a career isn't exactly like chosing to work for Hills or Macy's. In a state where the wage is controlled state wide, a teacher would have to leave the state to make a living wage.
Four years of college (in most states five) costs money. No one teaches to get rich, but refusing to pay them enough to live is ridiculous. These are professionals and the only reason they aren't paid enough to live on is because as a society we don't value them. We sure do like to blame them for everything that goes wrong, as if they were actually important, but we won't pay them commensurately.

and hey , i could do this all day , just google , Teacher abuses young students or any variation . But here is one from a few days ago . --- https://nypost.com/2018/03/26/teacher-allegedly-performed-oral-sex-on-13-year-old-in-class/ --- i mean , hey , its funny as i hear Teachers whining about wanting more money and people lauding TEACHERS for their education and teaching abilty . Its just funny MaryAnn .
Carry on.

----------------------------------------- they are MaryAnn

Carry on.

Mine are, after 12 years of Episcopal school & Loyola & Tulane.

It is a case of priorities of your state and you get what you pay for

These states look at education as nonessential and are willing to hire those who may not be the best available. The bottom of the barrel is good enough to educate their youth

There is only so much money to go around. Raising education spending may require cuts to police or fire departments or highways or whatever. States cannot print their own money so if teachers need to be paid more, then you should tell us what you think should be cut to pay for it. Whenever teacher pay makes the front page of the paper (or police pay or sanitation workers pay) I know for certain I can expect 1) to see the real estate assessor's car setting in front of my house reassessing my property and 2) Enhanced enforcement of zoning/local code is about to start up. They just raised rates over 11% this year so they know they will not be able to raise those again anytime soon so they will inflate assessments.
Again, you get what you pay for

If education is not a priority, teachers are always at the back of the line
A college educated teacher who is not even making $40,000 after ten years on the job will find better options

The private & parochial schools here are the best.. the gubmint schools, not so much.

We have some of the best public schools in the country.

In some areas,the worst. We chose the best to move to.

all the Taxpayer paid school teacher chime in wanting more taxpayer money as they pollute the minds of AMERICAN Youth with unAmerican thinking eh OldLady .

When I was in retailing many years ago (with Hill's Department Stores), we had a job that needed to be done. Empty boxes of incoming stuff and stock the shelves. We were an absolutely-self-serve discount department store, so the most convenient time to do this was the middle of the day. We employed a small army of WOMEN under the following employment paradigm: You work from 10:00am to 2:00pm, with one 15-minute break, at slightly over minimum wage. No benefits, no vacation, no raises, no nothing. We were absolutely clear with applicants that this was the deal.

Who would take such a job? Happy housewives wanting a little extra money, moms who wanted to work a schedule that allowed them to continue being full-time moms, "retired" women. We had no trouble finding and keeping women to take these positions, and turnover was negligible. They required minimal supervision, and got the job done.

At around the same time, a friend of mine was an elected State Representative in the Pennsylvania House of Representatives. His salary was about $6,000/yr, with minimal benefits. It wasn't a full-time job, but the commitment was pretty-much full time, due to constituent needs.

Who would take such a job? Mostly lawyers, but also business owners who had flexible schedules, farmers, people with other sources of income (a working spouse?), people who had retired from their careers. The occasional crook.

In both of these cases, you have a "job" that DOES NOT PAY A LIVING WAGE. People considering that "job" have to assess, in advance, whether it satisfies their personal needs, and if it doesn't, they need to look elsewhere. There is nothing unreasonable about this, on the part of the employer. The employer, in structuring the job in this way, recognizes that MOST PEOPLE will not be willing to take the job under these constraints, so they are passing on possibly the "best people for the job," but it's a tradeoff.

Not surprisingly, the legislators in Pennsylvania gradually over many years declared that Representative was a FULL-TIME job, and they have paid themselves accordingly, including splendid benefits, and a pension to die for, if you will excuse the totally inappropriate metaphor.

And now we come to TEACHERS.

In many states, the State has decided, wisely or not, to compensate their teachers at a wage that is significantly less than what an exemplary college graduate might make at a full-time job in the private sector (or even in Government). Why would they do such a thing? Well, there's June, July, and August, and the fact that it's arguably not a "full-time job" in the other months of the year (after the first couple years).

But it doesn't really matter WHY they pay their teachers what they do. Maybe they have made a decision, based on the best information they have available, that they can staff their schools adequately at this wage. Maybe they know that at that wage, they will not get the most economically ambitious grads, they will not get many STEM graduates, and High Schools Chemistry in, say, West Virginia, will be taught by History majors who have taken a couple of college Chem classes, rather than a grad with a degree in Organic Chemistry.

But there is no deception here. Applicants for teaching positions in those states know exactly what they will be making, and there is no promise of riches down the road. They have to decide whether that wage and those benefits will meet their needs, and if it doesn't, they need to look elsewhere. The State knows that many would-be teachers will go into another field or leave the state. But they have made that decision, and so be it. (One might point out that the teachers in states where teachers are WELL paid are rarely Phi Beta Kappa material either).

So massive strikes against such State Education Systems are bullshit. As with collective bargaining, they are a Leftist-led assault on the hapless taxpayers, in the name of "fairness."

Since when is it unfair to keep one's promises, as the respective States have done? If you don't like it, if you can't live on those wages, then go somewhere else. Most people in the Real World do this periodically throughout their working lives, with little trauma or gnashing of teeth. The state schools will have NO TROUBLE replacing each and every teacher who departs.
But what if some of these teachers actually WANT to teach? Teaching as a career isn't exactly like chosing to work for Hills or Macy's. In a state where the wage is controlled state wide, a teacher would have to leave the state to make a living wage.
Four years of college (in most states five) costs money. No one teaches to get rich, but refusing to pay them enough to live is ridiculous. These are professionals and the only reason they aren't paid enough to live on is because as a society we don't value them. We sure do like to blame them for everything that goes wrong, as if they were actually important, but we won't pay them commensurately.

Lemme guess, public school?

Forum List

Back