Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

"In a statement the district said, "The school regrets any misconceptions that may have resulted from this teacher-developed classroom activity and assures its school community that the religious beliefs of all students and staff are welcomed and valued at Memorial Junior High."

"She should never have to stand up and defend her faith to get a good grade," Chantel said."

Student says teacher asked class to deny God exists

I would not mind such an assignment nothing has ever shaken my faith or beliefs, but I do understand why the people would be upset. This has no place in school.
If the school district and the teacher's principal took care of this...why is the girl coming up to give a speech to the school board? Why is it being bandied about the internet?
Because people have nothing better to do.
Apparently.

"In a statement the district said, "The school regrets any misconceptions that may have resulted from this teacher-developed classroom activity and assures its school community that the religious beliefs of all students and staff are welcomed and valued at Memorial Junior High."

"She should never have to stand up and defend her faith to get a good grade," Chantel said."

I would not mind such an assignment nothing has ever shaken my faith or beliefs, but I do understand why the people would be upset. This has no place in school.
If the school district and the teacher's principal took care of this...why is the girl coming up to give a speech to the school board? Why is it being bandied about the internet?
Because people have nothing better to do.
Apparently.
Big stink, short lived notoriety, much ado about nothing.

Be nice to hear the teacher's point of view instead of some emotional teenager on Facebook.

But you far-rightie dopes don't care.

Wow, I have already stated I wanted to hear the teachers story before passing judgement.

Sheesh; hysterical much?

Marxists are atheists.

A friend of mine who was a Marxist then had a religious conversion, found himself unwelcome among other Marxists at the university he was an undergrad at.

He was going to just keep it to himself, but he kept hearing the usual blather about how stupid Christians are until he finally blew up and told them he was a Christian and please shut the hell up, lol.

He transferred to another university but it seriously delayed his masters program.

Poor Danth. Went to the Danth marathon, can't find a partner...

:dance:
Clearly, that is an offer. Find someone else to console you. Get lost

So why do you follow me around and stalk me? Daddy issues?
psy.gif

The instructor was out of line, wrong, and should be reprimanded and retrained, and if she resists, released from employment.

JimBowie is out of line to suggest that the teacher was somehow being used by "Marxists" when in fact on this Board alone we have plenty of far right and conservative agnostics and atheists and anti-Godists.

God cannot be scientifically proved and the miracles of the bible can be explained. Most of the bible is written in a way to support religion, and give the story of their history.
God cannot be seen, touched, measured, quantified, even the origin of life has been scientifically recreated in a lab.
The population of the planet has had thousands of god over time and none have been proven. The Christian god is just one of many. Are they all write or all wrong? Some faiths are much older than the Judeo-Christian god, some believe in many gods. Each god has its own mythology. Even belief in god can be explained by examining the brain's temporal lobe. Same area the causes epilepsy and hallucination.

Religion has no place in the classroom, but for some it hold a place in their heart.

Big stink, short lived notoriety, much ado about nothing.

Yeah, because a violation of First Amendment Religion rights is only a bad thing when conservatives do it.

:slap:
Ok you can argue that I don;t think very much of it. I see it a a critical thinking exercise that went too damn far. Lousy teacher if there was another intent then I will light the match that fries the bad teacher

psy.gif
I did not you posted to me first you Stalker boi. Go find another yungin to harass.

I didn't post to you at all, stage door Johnny. You butted in on a post to someone else. Just like last time.

If I send you an autographed 8 x 10 glossy will you go the fuck away?

psy.gif
I did not you posted to me first you Stalker boi. Go find another yungin to harass.

I didn't post to you at all, stage door Johnny. You butted in on a post to someone else. Just like last time.

If I send you an autographed 8 x 10 glossy will you go the fuck away?
Sure you did it is an open board moron.

To me that's a bigger concern -- that so many are so willing to swallow what fits their agenda before even bothering to suss the story out or bothering to cast the vaguest suspicion that the story might not be what it purports to be.

And I bet the next post makes the same mistake....

Separation of Church and state. The teacher was wrong and should face the same discipline a teacher teaching religion would. Yes or no?

Did I call it, or what? :lol:

Gullible's Travels...
Fuck off butthole. I responded to a thread topic. I rarely click on a link as it takes me out of Usmb and I have to log in again...everytime. What is your fucking issue? It is plausible, especially in light of today's liberal teachers.

See what I mean Sherry?

Sorry IA but "it's plausible" doesn't make it an actual event. If you're taking OPs at face value, especially from guys with a legacy like this one has, you deserve where it leads you. Nobody is entitled to their own facts.

As far as clicking links I have no idea why you'd have to log back in but I get around that USMB redirect by right-clicking on the link and using "open in new tab". That skips the step of that PITA USMB redirect page to the same thing. Maybe that will bypass your log-in issue. HTH.
Sorry, but you're wrong. The OP is plausible and JimBowe presented a great example of liberal think. There are countless examples of teachers pushing their liberal claptrap on kinnocent pupils. Just audit any Women's or Black Studies course at your local college and dare to disagree with the professor.

God cannot be scientifically proved and the miracles of the bible can be explained. Most of the bible is written in a way to support religion, and give the story of their history.
God cannot be seen, touched, measured, quantified, even the origin of life has been scientifically recreated in a lab.
The population of the planet has had thousands of god over time and none have been proven. The Christian god is just one of many. Are they all write or all wrong? Some faiths are much older than the Judeo-Christian god, some believe in many gods. Each god has its own mythology. Even belief in god can be explained by examining the brain's temporal lobe. Same area the causes epilepsy and hallucination.

Religion has no place in the classroom, but for some it hold a place in their heart.
We need to bring back the Lord's Prayer in school and all public events and town meetings so people of your ilk won't exist anymore.

We need to bring back the Lord's Prayer in school and all public events and town meetings so people of your ilk won't exist anymore.

No religion in schools, there are too many of differing faiths as well as those who don't believe in any religion. Let the kids pray at home before school with their parents. It does not belong in school.

I think Aristotle, Thomas Aquinas, Louis PAsteur, John Locke and deCartes would have disagreed and would have asserted that they could prove God existed.

I think God can be proven, but one has to be willing to follow the evidence and accept the apparent conclusion, which is why atheists and agnostics are a fringe group, outnumbered by those who believe in Big Foot and Elvis is still alive.

No religion in schools, there are too many of differing faiths as well as those who don't believe in any religion. Let the kids pray at home before school with their parents. It does not belong in school.

Are you saying that you would suppress religious expression, like prayer over a meal at lunch, or that you reject state promoted religion?

I agree with the latter, disagree strongly with the former.

B/c if the parents didn't stand up, you leftist filth would keep on going.

Not that the school will stop, this is not the first school to pull this shit, so it will move onto another one, and leftist filth will defend it.

Forum List

Back