Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

"In a statement the district said, "The school regrets any misconceptions that may have resulted from this teacher-developed classroom activity and assures its school community that the religious beliefs of all students and staff are welcomed and valued at Memorial Junior High."

"She should never have to stand up and defend her faith to get a good grade," Chantel said."

Student says teacher asked class to deny God exists

I would not mind such an assignment nothing has ever shaken my faith or beliefs, but I do understand why the people would be upset. This has no place in school.
If the school district and the teacher's principal took care of this...why is the girl coming up to give a speech to the school board? Why is it being bandied about the internet?
Because people have nothing better to do.
Apparently.
Big stink, short lived notoriety, much ado about nothing.
The Right gets out their pitchforks and torches and destroy one of their own.

A good lesson for those who want to bring back prayer to school

Prayer never left school, R.W.. There are students that pray at school every single day across America. The teachers might not pray in front of their students but there is still prayer in school. To remove prayer from school you'd have to first remove every single believer in Jesus Christ from school property. I have yet to see that happen.

note - If I am not mistaken the Muslim students are given a room to pray in at school during school hours.
If one religion is shown some consideration, then to me, they all should be shown some.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

Now you have an idea of what millions of people, including myself, who nearly daily are told that our god isn't real. That only the christian god is real and everyone else is wrong.

Non christians go through it constantly.

I'm not saying that what happened is right. I'm saying why is it ok for christians to force their god on everyone else?

This is just another reason why religion and state must stay separate. Religion has no place in public schools. Whether it's christian or any other religion or it's atheism.

Those kids are there to learn math, science, literature, history and a long list of subjects. Religion in any form shouldn't be included.

Religion belongs in church or chosen house of worship .

^^^ If other people can bring to school with them whatever it is that they are about, so can the rest because freedom is not a one way street.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God cannot be scientifically proved and the miracles of the bible can be explained. Most of the bible is written in a way to support religion, and give the story of their history.
God cannot be seen, touched, measured, quantified, even the origin of life has been scientifically recreated in a lab.
The population of the planet has had thousands of god over time and none have been proven. The Christian god is just one of many. Are they all write or all wrong? Some faiths are much older than the Judeo-Christian god, some believe in many gods. Each god has its own mythology. Even belief in god can be explained by examining the brain's temporal lobe. Same area the causes epilepsy and hallucination.

Religion has no place in the classroom, but for some it hold a place in their heart.
We need to bring back the Lord's Prayer in school and all public events and town meetings so people of your ilk won't exist anymore.

No religion in schools, there are too many of differing faiths as well as those who don't believe in any religion. Let the kids pray at home before school with their parents. It does not belong in school.
No! It's time You and the others are converted to Christianity. We
Will work on your children while we can mold their minds. Give them to us and we'll give you back an evangelist.

Today I was given an assignment in school that questioned my faith and told me that God was not real. Our teacher had started off saying that the assignment had been giving problems all day. We were asked to take a poll to say whether God is fact, opinion or a myth and she told anyone who said fact or opinion was wrong and God was only a myth,” Wooley told board members,” according to EAG News.

The teacher “started telling kids they were completely wrong and that when kids argued we were told we would get in trouble. When I tried to argue, she told me to prove it, and I tried to reference things such as the Bible and stories I have read before from people who have died and went to heaven but came back and told their stories, and she told me both were just things people were doing to get attention.”

“I know it wasn’t just me who was affected by it. My friend, she went home and started crying. She was supposed to come with me but she didn’t know if she could” because she was so upset, Wooley said.”

The march of radical Marxist ass holes has only just begun. This is just a start, much worse is yet to come.

Now you have an idea of what millions of people, including myself, who nearly daily are told that our god isn't real. That only the christian god is real and everyone else is wrong.

I'm not saying that what happened is right. I'm saying why is it ok for christians to force their god on everyone else?

This is just another reason why religion and state must stay separate. Religion has no place in public schools. Whether it's christian or any other religion or it's atheism.

Those kids are there to learn math, science, literature, history and a long list of subjects. Religion in any form shouldn't be included.

The Lord's Prayer applies to Jews and Christians. Those are the only two religions that matter since they pray to the same God. Muslims don't. Their allah isn't our God. The Mormon's Jesus and their God isn't either..

Well, that is also wrong. God is God, like the Sun is the Sun, and we can have different ideas about how the Sun works but we are both still talking about the Sun.

We can have different ideas on how God works and still be talking about the same God as long as we are talking about an eternal Creator of some kind, instead of a godling born within the flow of space and time. That is about the only fundamental difference between God and godlings like Thor, Zeus, etc.

But you know what? Cyrus believed in godlings and he was called by name to save Israel and was considered a righteous man in the Old Testament.

God will judge, no one else, because no one else can see into our hearts and souls like He does.

From teachers? That is wrong and I think a violation of the 1st Amendment. Maybe they should see a lawyer.

No teacher has the right to tell a Muslim kid that Allah is not real, even if that is his opinion. That is not his job.

Show me an example of Christians 'forcing' our God on anyone. Because I think you are engaging in hyperbole here. Alot of Christians are rude and obnoxious about 'preaching the Gospel' but that is not the same as *force*.

ISIS uses force when it beheads people for not converting to Islam and some Christians used to do that centuries ago.

It has been entirely stopped, to my knowledge. Please let me know if there are any Christian groups killing people for not converting, please. I would appreciate it.

Religion should not be advocated by the state, I agree.

Students should be allowed to pray in launch and reference God in their papers and tests if it is relevant in their minds.

Again,if you mean by that that Christians should not be allowed to pray, read their Bible or bring God up in a way they think relevant as students, I disagree.

If you mean teachers should not be telling students that their religion is right or wrong, then I agree,unless you are talking about Episcopalians who are Satanic Mouth pieces. /just kidding, .lol

The Lord's Prayer applies to Jews and Christians. ..
I think the general consensus among Christians is that it appplies to everyone, mankind in the broadest sense.

Do you think that 'Blessed are the poor in spirit' does not apply to a man if he is a Bhudist?

The Lord's Prayer applies to Jews and Christians. Those are the only two religions that matter since they pray to the same God. Muslims don't. Their allah isn't our God. The Mormon's Jesus and their God isn't either..

Nearly all Christians have three gods, Jews and Muslims just one.

I wonder if they also teach that Gravity is not real.

I wonder if they also teach that Gravity is not real.

Probably not.

Actually, if you look at the question, she did not "demand kids say god is not real". It was a good question and what it "demanded" is for the kid to THINK.

This is just another example of the right being against critical thinking.

Actually, if you look at the question, she did not "demand kids say god is not real". It was a good question and what it "demanded" is for the kid to THINK.

If religion is to be kept out of schools, it is to be kept out of schools. The question was promoting atheism, i.e. hostility to religion, which is a belief structure.

Since belief in God is a matter of faith, and cannot be proven or disproven, it is a poor subject for so-called "critical-thinking exercises". Also, since the teacher pushed what she considered to be the "correct" answer, she can be seen as nothing but a biased proponent, and guilty of not critically thinking herself.

Idiocracy.

Forum List

Back