Teacher stops school shooting

The kid didn't shoot at anyone when he was tackled...he was shooting into the air.........

from the story....

The shooter started firing into the air at 7:30 a.m. in a common area of the school, witnesses and police told NBC affiliate KING5. Witnesses told the station that a teacher then tackled the teen.

So....nice try brain...come back when you have a real story......

I'm sure he had a gun for the best intentions. Wow it's amazing how low you will go.

brain....if he isn't shooting at people.......when he obviously is actually shooting...odds are he didn't plan on actually shooting anyone......still gutsy on the part of the teacher...but not at the level of Columbine or the reall shooters who actually planned on killing lots of people.....

You don't have a gun unless you plan to shoot people. Wow you are low.
I have two firearms and have had many more in the past I have been around firearms since I was a small child and have owned them since I was 16. I am now 58, yet not once have I shot anyone.

No there are 15 dgu studies that say 1.6 is wrong.

and your link to them.........I have 16 that I can point to even though there are more, but I can't link to them....so.......

They are your 16. Do any of then say there are 1.6 DGUs each year?

Here is the list of 16 studies...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717
DMIa 1978...2,141,512
L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68
Kleck...2.5 million

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409

Hart...1981...1.797,461

Mauser...1990...1,487,342

Gallup...1993...1,621,377

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

-------------------------------------------
Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

So....actually gallup...you know.....that right wing pro gun polling organization actually had the number at 1.6, but at least 5 others were well over 1.6....

So one agrees with you. So 15 studies say your 1.6 is wrong.
Ahh the usual lying misquoting and playing word games. The AVERAGE is 1.6 from them all and a that means some of them clearly cite MORE then 1.6 million. You haven't a leg to stand on just like last time you try to play games with words to obfuscate and deny facts.

Not lying. 15 say 1.6 is wrong. And a majority say it is too high.

The kid didn't shoot at anyone when he was tackled...he was shooting into the air.........

from the story....

The shooter started firing into the air at 7:30 a.m. in a common area of the school, witnesses and police told NBC affiliate KING5. Witnesses told the station that a teacher then tackled the teen.

I'm sure he had a gun for the best intentions. Wow it's amazing how low you will go.

brain....if he isn't shooting at people.......when he obviously is actually shooting...odds are he didn't plan on actually shooting anyone......still gutsy on the part of the teacher...but not at the level of Columbine or the reall shooters who actually planned on killing lots of people.....

I have two firearms and have had many more in the past I have been around firearms since I was a small child and have owned them since I was 16. I am now 58, yet not once have I shot anyone.

How many time have you walked into a school with a gun drawn? I didn't mean owning a gun. I ment this kid clearly had bad intentions or he wouldn't have a gun drawn in school.

from the story....

How many time have you walked into a school with a gun drawn? I didn't mean owning a gun. I ment this kid clearly had bad intentions or he wouldn't have a gun drawn in school.
Now who is reading minds? If he wanted to shoot people he sure started out wrong wasting ammo on the ceiling.

Now who is reading minds? If he wanted to shoot people he sure started out wrong wasting ammo on the ceiling.

So what do you think is the most likely reason he would bring a gun to school like that and start shooting it then?

I guess you only count a DGU if the bad guy shoots somebody first then?

Teacher Tackles Shooter at North Thurston High School - NBC News

A teacher at a Washington state high school tackled a shooter Monday morning before anybody was injured, according to police.

The suspected shooter, a teenage boy, opened fire at North Thurston High School before he was apprehended by Lacey City police at around 8 a.m. (11 a.m. ET), police said on Twitter.

So the way of combating a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a tackle?

A teacher at a Washington state high school tackled a shooter Monday morning before anybody was injured, according to police.

The suspected shooter, a teenage boy, opened fire at North Thurston High School before he was apprehended by Lacey City police at around 8 a.m. (11 a.m. ET), police said on Twitter.

It is a way.

from the story....

He was looking for attention....the killers in school shootings start killing immediately....the kid was disturbed and reacted really badly......as they say he was "Crying for Attention".........Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine.....they shoot to kill, they didn't shoot at the ceiling......

It is a way.

The last possible way that you should only use if you have absolutely, positively no other option.....

Brain...you shouldn't doubt me......discovered in Extranosalley......

Teacher hailed as hero in Lacey high school shooting

Mack said the 16-year-old student fired a revolver twice near the school's commons a few minutes before classes started Monday morning.

One shot went into the ground, the other was into the ceiling according to Mack.

Police said the campus resource officer, a Lacey police officer, was preparing to shoot the boy when social studies teacher Brady Olson tackled the student.

Other staff members, including the school's principal, helped disarm and detain the student.

Mack said the student told them he had no intention of hurting anyone else.

and again...massad ayoob...

this one specifically mentions the giffords shooter and the long island shooter....

Disarming Mass Murderers American Handgunner

Disarms During Reloading … or Not?

Two incidents seem to be most often cited by those who demand reduced magazine capacity. One is the capture of Jared Loughner after the murder spree in Tucson in which he killed six people and wounded a dozen more, including US Representative Gabrielle Giffords. The other is the capture of Colin Ferguson, which ended the Long Island Railroad train massacre, which claimed six lives and left 19 more people wounded.
In each case, multiple people were able to overpower the killer at a point when his weapon was no longer shootable. It should be noted, however, accounts of how it happened seem to differ among the witnesses. In the case of Loughner, we know Patricia Maisch ended up holding one of his magazines. Some of Ms. Maisch’s accounts make it sound as if she ripped it from his hand, while in others, she seems to say he dropped it and she picked it up.

so Brain.....I have pointed out cases, the extremely lucky ones, where someone grabbed a shooter.....

Mack said the 16-year-old student fired a revolver twice near the school's commons a few minutes before classes started Monday morning.

One shot went into the ground, the other was into the ceiling according to Mack.

Police said the campus resource officer, a Lacey police officer, was preparing to shoot the boy when social studies teacher Brady Olson tackled the student.

Other staff members, including the school's principal, helped disarm and detain the student.

Nice rabid pro gun site. So now DGUs only count when the bad guy shoots someone?

The bad guy said he wasn't going to hurt anyone. Let's give him his gun and send him back to school.

Last edited:

He was looking for attention....the killers in school shootings start killing immediately....the kid was disturbed and reacted really badly......as they say he was "Crying for Attention".........Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, Columbine.....they shoot to kill, they didn't shoot at the ceiling......

I'm sorry but you look like a clown claiming you know his intentions.

Well asshole......it is pretty obvious he didn't shoot the people right in front of him when he had the chance.........moron......considering the nuts who plan on killing people in school shootings actually shoot and kill people and don't just shoot at the ground and the ceiling.....moron.....

Well asshole......it is pretty obvious he didn't shoot the people right in front of him when he had the chance.........moron......considering the nuts who plan on killing people in school shootings actually shoot and kill people and don't just shoot at the ground and the ceiling.....moron.....

Ah always go to the swearing when you know I am right. Fact, you don't know his intentions. Stop looking like a clown and pretending you do.

Nice rabid pro gun site. So now DGUs only count when the bad guy shoots someone?

The bad guy said he wasn't going to hurt anyone. Let's give him his gun and send him back to school.

It is a site that supports civil rights you twit.

No....defensive gun uses count when the gun is used to stop the attack....had the teacher not intervened a law enforcement officer would have shot the kid....considering he was pointing his gun at the kid when the teacher tackled him......

Yeah....let's give him back his gun twit....he is obviously disturbed...but he didn't shoot anyone.....let the shrinks handle him......moron.

Ah always go to the swearing when you know I am right. Fact, you don't know his intentions. Stop looking like a clown and pretending you do.

Fucker.....he didn't shoot people right in front of him.......

I swear at people who show disrespect when I have been respectful........moron.....

It is a site that supports civil rights you twit.

No....defensive gun uses count when the gun is used to stop the attack....had the teacher not intervened a law enforcement officer would have shot the kid....considering he was pointing his gun at the kid when the teacher tackled him......

Yeah....let's give him back his gun twit....he is obviously disturbed...but he didn't shoot anyone.....let the shrinks handle him......moron.

The moron is clearly you and your ridiculous claims.

So anything is a gun defense, but this isn't a defense because he was stopped before shooting someone? What a joke.

I swear at people who show disrespect when I have been respectful........moron.....

If you are going to make clownish claims I will call you out. Sorry you made stupid claims.

Forum List

Back