Teacher writes "loser" on student's assignment

Have you noticed the Go 'Molly' très bien ads on TV? The greeting card companies are interesting marketeers. I think 'loser' is a bit much though, a low grade is sufficient negativity.

PS Children can be very fragile. Some commit suicide over this sort of thing when they have to face their parents. Not everyone takes life with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
I'm really worried about your mental health Willow.

why? I was responding to bodeccer.. what's yer problemo?

well

I'm not surprised

conservatives SUPPORT this!

I'm forced to admit....

conservatives are LOSERS.

can you imagine the outcry form these same cons if a LIBERAL teacher had called THEIR children "losers"?

he was a LIBERAL teacher.....going by the percentages Rdean always throws around....

For far too long the K-12 public education system has advocated primarily for college bound tracking, where the vast majority of American students will not in fact go that route. That is where a vital and viable vocational program can help to train and prepare those other students for careers that often will prove financially superior to those found in more academic or white collar settings.

And yet, vocational programs are being reduced - becoming more and more dependent upon private funding to maintain their programs.

If we spent half of what we do on sports programs toward vocational programs, American students would be far better served...

(And I love sports and played college level basketball - but that experience only emphasized the disparity of funding for sports vs real world opportunities in our K-12 schools)

___

A vocational school? Like Sno Isle, eh?

If true - that would make sense.

Increasingly tough to maintain funding for such programs - but they should actually be enhanced as essential compliments to the overall educational experience of students.

That is where you and I agree. :beer:

OMIGOD! I'm in total agreement! *faint

Yeah, in one case the girl brings it on herself and you sided with the girl, in the other the teacher is picking on her and you have sided with the teacher......what the heck is wrong with you?

I'm sorry...you apparently don't know the difference between the two incidents. And here I thought I was talking to a rationalizing adult. My bad.

The sure sign of losing a debate, resorting to personal attacks...your bad.

Losing a debate? :lol::lol:

YOU are the one who is trying to make a case for COMPARING a teacher writing "loser" on a student's paper and a school district cancelling an entire prom in order to avoid seeing a female student in a tux....as if the cases are in some way similar. :lol::lol::lol:

There are some things that are simply not debatable...we just look at you and go :eusa_eh:

Why? We're not allowed to joke on this board? Or is it just this thread? And who made you the arbiter of all that is holy? You don't like it? Ignore it.

Than don't insult me next time plan and simple. :eusa_hand: why should i have to ignore something i shouldn't have to deal with in first place?

Welcome to the world of public message boards! you're going to find that there will be a lot of stuff around here that you "shouldn't have to deal with." If someone telling you to "learn to read" is going to insult your delicate sensibilities, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. Hell, you may as well abandon ship now.

And while we're at it, let me just point out that it was you who cast the first stone:

sickings these people the last two post agree with teacher. As a teacher your are suppose to reach out and teach them. if you can't reach a student than what your doing is not working try a different method.

At least I think that was an attempt at an insult. It's hard to tell. Even if it wasn't, in this post you clearly state that I agree with the teacher. Based on the post to which you refer, there is no way to discern whether I did or not. Especially when I clearly qualified my post by stating that it was a joke.

Does not matter, and i was not the first you were the first to insult me telling me to learn to read don't twist that up boy. that gives you absolutely no right to be a jackass

I just can't believe how times have changed. Teachers who behave like this should be reprimanded. The only thing this teacher did was demonstrate how even idiots can get a teaching degree.

Give me a break. If the kid wasn't such a loser, none of us would be talking about this.

How true.
Had the student actually done the assignment in a competent manner, then the result would have been far different.
But, remember we want the raise those kiddies self esteem, whether they learn anything or not.

Than don't insult me next time plan and simple. :eusa_hand: why should i have to ignore something i shouldn't have to deal with in first place?

Welcome to the world of public message boards! you're going to find that there will be a lot of stuff around here that you "shouldn't have to deal with." If someone telling you to "learn to read" is going to insult your delicate sensibilities, you're going to be in for a world of hurt. Hell, you may as well abandon ship now.

And while we're at it, let me just point out that it was you who cast the first stone:

sickings these people the last two post agree with teacher. As a teacher your are suppose to reach out and teach them. if you can't reach a student than what your doing is not working try a different method.

At least I think that was an attempt at an insult. It's hard to tell. Even if it wasn't, in this post you clearly state that I agree with the teacher. Based on the post to which you refer, there is no way to discern whether I did or not. Especially when I clearly qualified my post by stating that it was a joke.

Does not matter, and i was not the first you were the first to insult me telling me to learn to read don't twist that up boy. that gives you absolutely no right to be a jackass

No, you referred to Xenophon and I as "sick," and while that is not a particularly strong insult, that was the first shot. Second, and most annoying, was your asinine assumption that I agreed with what this asshat of a teacher did, after clearly reading my post, including the declaration that my comment was a joke. If you saw that, you could not have honestly accused me of agreeing with the teacher, unless you have a problem with reading comprehension, in which case, you need to learn to read. Nothing in my post could have been construed as being agreement with what he did. The only conclusion one could draw is that I was making a joke. Period. You read it and "heard what you wanted to hear."

Now you've resorted to calling me names. Let me ask you, who's the bigger "jackass?" The individual who carries on a conversation in a calm and rational fashion, or the one who resorts to personal attacks? Who is really the "boy?" The individual who continues to refrain from calling the other names in the course of an adult exchange, or the one just can't seem to control himself? You have done nothing but expose yourself as someone not worth taking seriously.

Once again I will say, if you were insulted by my suggesting you "learn to read," I recommend you find a different board. Maybe Disney runs a message board you can join...

Get a grip, people. This is North Carolina. It's a compliment to be called a loser.

Ain't nutting like a snot nosed DUmbocrat elitist broadbrushing an entire state is there? that's our resident Dummie!

I'm sorry...you apparently don't know the difference between the two incidents. And here I thought I was talking to a rationalizing adult. My bad.

The sure sign of losing a debate, resorting to personal attacks...your bad.

Losing a debate? :lol::lol:

YOU are the one who is trying to make a case for COMPARING a teacher writing "loser" on a student's paper and a school district cancelling an entire prom in order to avoid seeing a female student in a tux....as if the cases are in some way similar. :lol::lol::lol:

There are some things that are simply not debatable...we just look at you and go :eusa_eh:

Actually, I was comparing YOUR reaction to the two situations.....

and more insults, gee, what a surprise.

No, you referred to Xenophon and I as "sick," and while that is not a particularly strong insult, that was the first shot. Second, and most annoying, was your asinine assumption that I agreed with what this asshat of a teacher did, after clearly reading my post, including the declaration that my comment was a joke. If you saw that, you could not have honestly accused me of agreeing with the teacher, unless you have a problem with reading comprehension, in which case, you need to learn to read. Nothing in my post could have been construed as being agreement with what he did. The only conclusion one could draw is that I was making a joke. Period. You read it and "heard what you wanted to hear."

Now you've resorted to calling me names. Let me ask you, who's the bigger "jackass?" The individual who carries on a conversation in a calm and rational fashion, or the one who resorts to personal attacks? Who is really the "boy?" The individual who continues to refrain from calling the other names in the course of an adult exchange, or the one just can't seem to control himself? You have done nothing but expose yourself as someone not worth taking seriously.

Once again I will say, if you were insulted by my suggesting you "learn to read," I recommend you find a different board. Maybe Disney runs a message board you can join...

you are the one who told me i couldn't read you are the one who started the whole fucking shit you jackass. yea i am down at your level now but you need to know better you don't insult a disblitiy person go fuck off. And you could of made it easier with adding a face you dimwitted moron.

No wonder why i left this hell hole now i am getting shit from someone i don't need i get enough shit from my jackass dad i don't need some form some crap mid 40 year old.

i recommended you to leave me the fuck alone. and don't insult me like a fucking pussy

Last edited:

you are the one who told me i couldn't read you are the one who started the whole fucking shit you jackass. yea i am down at your level now but you need to know better you don't insult a disblitiy person go fuck off. And you could of made it easier with adding a face you dimwitted moron.

No wonder why i left this hell hole now i am getting shit from someone i don't need i get enough shit from my jackass dad i don't need some form some crap mid 40 year old.

i recommended you to leave me the fuck alone. and don't insult me like a fucking pussy

I recommend you pull yourself together. Suggesting that you "learn to read" is not an insult, unless you are particularly thin skinned. I would also suggest that if you are going to call someone a "dimwitted moron," you should first run a spell check, use punctuation, and work on your sentence structure. As for insulting a "disblitiy person," I have no idea what you are talking about.

Just one last question...

In your last sentence you say, "i recommended you to leave me the fuck alone," is this some sort of threat? Should I now be scared? Are you an Internet tough guy? I have been replying to your posts in a calm and reasonable fashion. You, on the other hand, have resorted to name calling and anger. All I ask is that people not read into a post, anyone's post, something that is not there.

Last edited:
And I would like to address critter's contention that people don't have the right to be jackasses...

While I sympathize with you and understand your feelings may be hurt by posters who are not as sensitive and caring as, for example, I am....

We do have a right to be jackasses. I invite you to embrace your own inner jackass and experience the wonderful freedom of going apeshit with it.

And don't take things so personally. It's just a message board. Separate it from your real life and don't get defensive, kid. People are going to razz you about your writing style, don't sweat it.

Forum List

Back