Teachers Union Claims ‘The Trump Effect’ Is Warping Kids’ Minds

You mean indoctrination... do you think it's normal to get traumatized over a sign that says "Trump2016"... Is that the excellent education?

Meanwhile, it turns out these regressives don't even have a clue on how the tax code works - a very basic government policy. Needless to say, when Clinton performs her backroom deals, people will look the other way.
Rationality is not indoctrination. Teaching a kid the critical thinking skills necessary for advanced education will naturally make them more likely to reject bullshit. Conservatives lie to their kids far too much about stuff that gets found out later to be bullshit. All kids will question their parents belief system at some point, if you have fed their inquisitive minds a bunch of made-up shit they will then doubt every thing you have ever said. There's your liberal indoctrination, it's not some evil plot it's just being found out that you do not trust your kids to make up their own minds.

What "BS" are conservatives teaching in schools?
I could site specific examples like intelligent design or abstinence only sex education but it is more than that. Conservatives prefer rote learning and an acceptance of facts, such environments produce dullards who are content with regular everyday lives. Sciences and the arts produce innovation, stimulate imaginations, makes for more interesting people. Knowing this conservatives cut those first and then use the money to build football stadiums.

Our children's school teaches "intelligent design", they also teach evolution, the big bang theory...they cover all the bases and they don't promote any of them. Sex education shouldn't be taught in schools except the basics of biology and reproduction. The rest of your gibberish is just that, gibberish.Our students will come out informed, educated and will have formed their own opinions on issues that can't be proven and that is how it should be. If not it's indoctrination....like public schools are.
Do you think your children should eventually question every piece of information that they ever been presented with, including everything you have said, and have full resources readily available to always make a well informed decision? Where you say no is where you are cheating them.

I encourage our children to question....it's a must, always question and never ever take anything as gospel. You should have questioned....if you had you wouldn't be where you are, ill informed and indoctrinated.

45185070.jpg

Post of the year ^^^

You can't fire piss poor teachers and you certainly can't shut them up. Common Core is numbing our childrens minds. It shoots for mediocrity and no more than that. Progressives will pick who they groom so they want a system that will not produce leaders, only followers.. That is what we have now and it is getting worse by the day.

Rationality is not indoctrination. Teaching a kid the critical thinking skills necessary for advanced education will naturally make them more likely to reject bullshit. Conservatives lie to their kids far too much about stuff that gets found out later to be bullshit. All kids will question their parents belief system at some point, if you have fed their inquisitive minds a bunch of made-up shit they will then doubt every thing you have ever said. There's your liberal indoctrination, it's not some evil plot it's just being found out that you do not trust your kids to make up their own minds.

What "BS" are conservatives teaching in schools?
I could site specific examples like intelligent design or abstinence only sex education but it is more than that. Conservatives prefer rote learning and an acceptance of facts, such environments produce dullards who are content with regular everyday lives. Sciences and the arts produce innovation, stimulate imaginations, makes for more interesting people. Knowing this conservatives cut those first and then use the money to build football stadiums.

Our children's school teaches "intelligent design", they also teach evolution, the big bang theory...they cover all the bases and they don't promote any of them. Sex education shouldn't be taught in schools except the basics of biology and reproduction. The rest of your gibberish is just that, gibberish.Our students will come out informed, educated and will have formed their own opinions on issues that can't be proven and that is how it should be. If not it's indoctrination....like public schools are.
Do you think your children should eventually question every piece of information that they ever been presented with, including everything you have said, and have full resources readily available to always make a well informed decision? Where you say no is where you are cheating them.

I encourage our children to question....it's a must, always question and never ever take anything as gospel. You should have questioned....if you had you wouldn't be where you are, ill informed and indoctrinated.
I cannot imagine someone as opinionated as you encouraging anyone to think for themselves. I want to quit talking specifically about your kids, I know you love them and might take something I say as an insult to them. I'd never do that, you on the other hand.......

Successful education at work:

Chanting the communist manifesto in ritual like fashion should be the curriculum everywhere.

"we have nothing to lose but our chains" is what I hear them saying. Wonder what these chains are they're referring to.

I'm not surprised we have 'teachers' who are that stupid.

Our public schools have been big problem. It's why we have so many kids not ready for college.

If the union was GOP it would be just fine. America...land of the teacher bashers. If its so good and lucrative then give up a decent wage and solve the problem.

Most teachers are fine. Let's get rid of the unions.

At least ditch the public sector unions. I mean, first our gov't mandates public services and then gives those unions the power to withhold them. It's madness!

If the union was GOP it would be just fine. America...land of the teacher bashers. If its so good and lucrative then give up a decent wage and solve the problem.

Most teachers are fine. Let's get rid of the unions.

At least ditch the public sector unions. I mean, first our gov't mandates public services and then gives those unions the power to withhold them. It's madness!
just make it illegal for a school district to hire anyone who has any unpaid student loan debts, the public schools will start to improve dramatically.

The National Education Association says Donald Trump’s anti-immigrant stance is emboldening schoolyard bullies.

Back when she was teaching sixth grade in Utah, Lily Eskelsen García liked to use the presidential election as a civics lesson every four years. She would assign her students to watch the debates and interview their parents about the candidates.

But today, she says she wouldn’t urge them to tune in for the hate-fueled debacle that is 2016.

“I’m not so sure I’d really want my kids to watch this debate,” said Eskelsen García, now president of the National Education Association, on a call with reporters Monday. “It’s really kind of disturbing what they’re hearing out there.”

The NEA is the largest labor union in the country and represents 3 million educators, roughly three-quarters of them women. It has endorsed Hillary Clinton for president, and now it’s leading a campaign that portrays her Republican opponent, Donald Trump, as a schoolyard bully who’s filling children with hate.

The union, which has steered at least $1 million to a Clinton-affiliated super PAC, plans to run online ads and send mailers to voters’ homes hammering that message in battleground states.

“There is bullying going on, and [there are] children who feel that they are given permission to repeat some of the things they’re hearing out of Donald Trump’s mouth,” Eskelsen García said.

The Clinton campaign and its allies have referred to the GOP nominee’s alleged influence as the “Trump Effect.” Its existence hasn’t been scientifically proven, but anecdotes from schools are out there. Eskelsen García referenced one of them: White students at a high school basketball game in Indiana holding up a picture of Trump and shouting “Build a wall” to their opponents from a largely Latino school.

Trump has lashed out against Mexican and Muslim immigrants, vowing to return all undocumented immigrants to their countries of origin and to ban Muslims from entering the United States.

"There is bullying going on, and [there are] children who feel that they are given permission to repeat some of the things they’re hearing out of Donald Trump’s mouth." --Lily Eskelsen García, National Education Association

More: Teachers Union Claims ‘The Trump Effect’ Is Warping Kids’ Minds

This is really sad - but not surprising.

They are blaming bullying on Trump? BLM are bullying patrons in restaurants. Help us understand how that is Trump?

The NEA are a bunch of parasites

The NEA bullies Black kids and their parents by preventing them from attending private schools and forcing them to go to crack ridden, corrupted inner city schools. Vouchers might as well be lunch money and the NEA is taking it.

That was meant in the way of what does the Left have to offer besides brainwashing and indoctrination? Maybe a zombie is the new role model.

Barry Hussein has been president for almost eight years and the teachers union thinks the last six months of a presidential campaign is "warping kid's minds". Does the teachers union think kid's minds are warped by a self made billionaire while Hillary declared herself head of the "bimbo eruption squad" and sent her political attack dogs out to intimidate and threaten victims of her husband's sexual abuse.

Forum List

Back