Teamsters and UPS reach tentative agreement!

Does it? That includes anyone above the age of 16, no matter how old they are.

In a country with an "aging" population the percent of retired people will forever be growing. Should they be counted? Is it not a good thing these people feel ready to retire?
Yeah it does.

Who Is Not Included in the Labor Force?​

Looking at the components of the labor force, it makes sense that people who are neither employed nor unemployed are not a part of it.

For example, someone who would like to work but has given up looking for a job is not considered unemployed and is therefore not part of the labor force. A person in this situation is referred to as a discouraged worker.

Many people who are not in the labor force are either students or retirees. Family responsibilities can also keep people out of the workforce: For instance, though a stay-at-home parent might be working very hard raising children, that person is counted differently in the statistics and would not be part of the labor force.

Many people who are not in the labor force are either students or retirees. Family responsibilities can also keep people out of the workforce: For instance, though a stay-at-home parent might be working very hard raising children, that person is counted differently in the statistics and would not be part of the labor force.

So, is it a good thing, or a bad thing that people feel comfortable enough to retire or for one parent to stay home and raise the children?

What is the "sweet spot" for the LFPR in your mind?

Look back at it over the whole time it has been calculated ....was the county better off in the 70s and 80s when it skyrocketed than we were in the 50s and 60s?

1690306651768.png

So, is it a good thing, or a bad thing that people feel comfortable enough to retire or for one parent to stay home and raise the children?

What is the "sweet spot" for the LFPR in your mind?

Look back at it over the whole time it has been calculated ....was the county better off in the 70s and 80s when it skyrocketed than we were in the 50s and 60s?

View attachment 807849
I dont have an opinion one way or the other. I dont care frankly. The point is the graph you chose to link is cherry picking the ages that fit the narrative you want to put forward instead of just using the BLS data which gives an actual accurate depiction of the situation.

I can hear the crying and whining from MAGA hundreds of miles away. They thought for sure there would be a recession causing strike....... :abgg2q.jpg:
If you have those hallucinations regularly, see a good lobotomist.
Please tell us how "Bidenomics" played any part in this deal - and please be sure to be specific.

I am glad there is no strike, that would have been bad, what did Biden have to do with any of this?
The Teamsters may have been concerned he would do to them what he did to the railway worker unions last year...

I dont have an opinion one way or the other. I dont care frankly. The point is the graph you chose to link is cherry picking the ages that fit the narrative you want to put forward instead of just using the BLS data which gives an actual accurate depiction of the situation.
I see you have figured out Gator The Incredible Human Spambot.

Yes, I got the STL Fed to cherry pick their graph just for me! I have that much power!

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You always do this when you have lost your argument, turn it into an insult fest.

How boring
Its not an insult. You are in fact uninformed. You're bitching that the BLS data I posted wasn't accurate because we have an aging population that's retiring when in fact it doesn't include those people in the workforce participation number. Nor does it include stay at home mothers, or students, or people who just aren't interested in having a job oddly regardless of their age or what their situation is. Maybe you should do a simple google search to find out what it is you're talking about before running off at the mouth. BTW that information is on the same fucking website you got your graph....

You're bitching that the BLS data I posted wasn't accurate because we have an aging population that's retiring when in fact it doesn't include those people in the workforce participation number.

Yes, it does include those people in the workforce participation number.

You just suck at reading, those are the percent of people that are not in the work force.

For example they are the 37.4% of people not participating in the current rate.

Forum List

Back