Ted Cruz: 2nd Amendment Is 'Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny'

Back around 1996 I used to date a nurse at a major VA hospital in the Western states. She worked as an operation assistant. She told me that it was common knowledge that a certain surgeon was always stoned out of his mind, to one degree, or another, while he operated (coke). When I asked her why the hospital put up with it, she told me that only his peers could have had him removed by ratting on him to administration, and virtually all of them had their own skeletons in their closets. She told me that the VA hospitals are pretty much the last rung on medical professional's ladders, when they have been asked to quietly leave everywhere else they have ever worked.

The thing that I find interesting is that suddenly we find that this history of incompetence, underfunding, and dereliction of duty was actually caused by Obama!

My libertarian streak says I AM the arbitrator of what is constitutional.
My GOP streak give me the gun to back that up.
And my Tea Party streak gives me the balls to act on it.

Behold... the Holy Trinity of Right Wing Lunacy

Complete with the questionable grammar in the GOP line of the, eh..prayer, I guess you would call it? Maybe mission statement.. Or a tribal chant..

Either way.. :lmao:

Complete with the questionable grammar in the GOP line of the, eh..prayer, I guess you would call it? Maybe mission statement.. Or a tribal chant..

Deceit, Fraud and Ignorance... the Unholy Trinity of Evil and the Ideological Left through which such is advanced.

Deceit, Fraud and Ignorance... the Unholy Trinity of Evil and the Ideological Left through which such is advanced.

Nice variation on my theme, kid :wink_2:

Your formal concession is duly noted and summarily accepted, scamp.

LostHisKeys, this right here:

Oh I am... Although, I am for the South invading the North... and returning the nation to its constitutional moorings, returning the negro to his native land and beatin' the man out of their women... after a proper lashin' of course.

OH!~ Wait... that's the loomin' civil war...

was your concession on life. And it has been duly noted. I'm thinking about adding it to my signature :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I've run into these gun nuts on more occasions than I can name. They want everybody to think they are all a bunch of John Wayne Jrs. when the fact of the matter is that they are some of the biggest and kookiest wusses is Christendom.

I've run into these gun nuts on more occasions than I can name. They want everybody to think they are all a bunch of John Wayne Jrs. when the fact of the matter is that they are some of the biggest and kookiest wusses is Christendom.

My lady friend's 77 year old brother lives in California. he told her last week that Jerry Brown is trying to tax him for using his own well, during the drought. He said that if anyone stepped on his land in order to do that, we was going to "blow him away". I told her that he did have a point. if he killed somebody at age 77, they probably would not execute him, and he would be too old to get raped in Folsum prison. Also, he would never have to pay taxes again, or a water bill. Not only that, but they would have to provide free water for him there for life! (although his private shower days would be over)

Why cant liberals get it through their heads that the military would be on the side of the people,not the government.
When Nancy Pelosi and the DHS says returning vets are a terrorist threat and Feinstein calls all vets mentally ill,do you truly believe they'll fight for the liberals?
Some of them would. How many ex military are there? More than enough to deal with the few that would choose the obama.

There wouldnt be to many that would side with the libs thats for sure.
It just boggles the mind that liberals think the military would support them when and if there's ever social unrest.
They think of the military like they're a tool they can just take out and put to use,totally ignoring the fact that they are Patriots with strong opinions about our country and the Constitution.
The military tends to support the middle class and above, if you follow military coups in other countries. Though, how they react would depend on the state, whoever incites unrest.

The military supports the Constitution.
If the people revolted due to a tyrannical gov that ignored the constitution it's pretty obvious who's side they'd be on.
I cant think of a single situation where the military would side with dems.
It's pretty obvious you're an ignorant idiot and ridiculous partisan hack.

The Second Amendment recognizes the right of individuals to possess handguns pursuant to the right of self-defense, having nothing to do with militia service; the right to bear arms is the right of each citizen to possess a firearm for the protection of himself and his home, not 'overthrow' the government because he doesn't like paying taxes.
Yepp, this is where the Ted Cruzians of the world, like little lemmings, jump right off the cliff...

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

I'm not going to say whether the right wingers are correct or incorrect in believing that the Second Amendment allows them to commit armed insurrection against the government should they believe it to be tyrannical. I am going to say that, if they do publicly state this, then I'll sleep happier knowing they'll have been placed on a watch list as soon as they pressed "post reply".

It is the right of every individual to defend themselves from tyranny, up to an including, taking the lives of those who tyrannize them... as the tyrants have forfeited their rights to their lives by failing to bear the responsibility that sustains their rights, to not exercise those rights to the detriment of the means of another to exercise their own.

But how cool is it that you've come to applaud tyranny, proving that you are in point of fact; THE PROBLEM.

Feel better?
No, you stupid fuck: MURDER is not sanctioned in the US constitution. Now, go take yer meds. But thank you for once again proving how utterly batshit crazy the extreme Right really is.

Bet that title got your attention.

It may seem like fiction, but it's not. Ted Cruz just said that.

Ted Cruz 2nd Amendment Is Ultimate Check Against Government Tyranny

wnkalxlveekdvion6ew4.jpg

It's a given that every Republican presidential candidate will run for president as a strong supporter of gun rights.

But Texas Sen. Ted Cruz is arguing that the Second Amendment includes a right to revolt against government tyranny, a point of emphasis uncommon for mainstream presidential candidates.

"The 2nd Amendment to the Constitution isn't for just protecting hunting rights, and it's not only to safeguard your right to target practice. It is a Constitutional right to protect your children, your family, your home, our lives, and to serve as the ultimate check against governmental tyranny -- for the protection of liberty," Cruz wrote to supporters in a fundraising email on Thursday, under the subject line "2nd Amendment against tyranny."

This "insurrectionist" argument, as Second Amendment expert and UCLA law professor Adam Winkler calls it, is popular among passionate gun owners and members of the National Rifle Association. But major party candidates for president don't often venture there.

"Most presidential candidates who support Second Amendment rights focus on self defense. In the past many have also emphasized hunting," said Winkler, author of the 2011 book Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America. "It's pretty rare for a presidential candidate to support the right of the people to revolt against the government."

Hmmmmm, interesting.

A declared presidential candidate who is for armed insurrection.

Hmmmmmmm, interesting.

Ted Cruz says that this 2nd Amendment remedy is for the protection of Liberty.

I wonder how he would exactly define "Liberty".

Either way, I think he just won the "We came unarmed --- this time" crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Discuss. Is this maybe a bit extreme, or is this the necessary fight against the ebbil ebbil gubbermint?

Jesus, you're stupid. Ted Cruz is absolutely correct, you fool. Read the founding documents. My God, you clowns on the left, who claim such intelligence are certainly uninformed as a group.

Get it together, will you?

Thomas Jefferson:
  1. "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

I have read it. The original was for it's day. This is why we have amendments to it to keep it current. I just wish you and your new hero would go hunting with the old Ex VP.

One fact remains, the left has their panties in such a wad over this guy it makes you take notice. As for his comment, he has a very valid point, furthermore he has the right to state his opinion. We have to listen to 24-7 of your bullshit and constant lies!
Oh, I agree with you that Ted Cruz has the right to state his point of opinion. Please point to the sentence in the OP where you think I indicated otherwise.

You see, I WANT Ted Cruz to just keep on doing what he's doing. He and Rand Paul are going to make Michelle Bachmann and Rick Santorum from 2012 look sane by comparison. Which means they will make the GOP even more unelectable in 2016 than it was in 2012.

Proceed, Governor, proceed...

:D

If youwanna scare the shit out of little fury, then simply say: TIKKUN OLAM!!

:rofl:

Whatever, Reverend.... keep preaching, Reverend...

Whatever, Reverend.... keep preaching, Reverend...

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

(
Again Reader, the key to defeating Leftist in debate, is as follows:

1- Find a Leftist.

2- Get them to speak.)

One fact remains, the left has their panties in such a wad over this guy it makes you take notice. As for his comment, he has a very valid point, furthermore he has the right to state his opinion. We have to listen to 24-7 of your bullshit and constant lies!
Oh, I agree with you that Ted Cruz has the right to state his point of opinion. Please point to the sentence in the OP where you think I indicated otherwise.

You see, I WANT Ted Cruz to just keep on doing what he's doing. He and Rand Paul are going to make Michelle Bachmann and Rick Santorum from 2012 look sane by comparison. Which means they will make the GOP even more unelectable in 2016 than it was in 2012.

Proceed, Governor, proceed...

:D

LOL!

The Campaign hasn't even BEGUN and they're already wetting their collective pant.

WHERE_R_MY_KEYS SAID:

“There's no such thing as a Right Wing Extremist.”

Wrong.

We see evidence of that extremism daily on this very forum.

Conservatives seeking to deny women their privacy rights

Conservatives seeking to deny gay Americans their right to equal protection of the law

Conservatives seeking to deny immigrants their due process rights

Conservatives seeking to deny transgender Americans their right to individual liberty.

Conservatives seeking to deny gay Americans access to public accommodations

Conservatives seeking to use the Second Amendment to 'justify' armed rebellion in violation of the First Amendment

Not to mention the errant extremism from the right concerning opposition to necessary, proper, and Constitutional regulatory policy, and conservative advocacy of a ridiculous, unwarranted, and reactionary agenda seeking to return America to a pre-Lochner social and economic paradigm in defiance of all reason and logic.

Rightwing extremism is the bane of the American Nation.

Forum List

Back