Ted Cruz: its deeply troubling Biden had classified docs from his Senate days, i don't know any other Senator who did, this is why we need term limits

Anybody hear of the 22 Amendment that limits the president to two terms? Most presidents in the 19th and 20th century abided by the unwritten rule of two terms except FDR who ran for four terms. The 22nd Amendment was enacted after it seemed that (mostly) democrats didn't abide with a gentlemen's agreement. You almost wouldn't mind if FDR was in his right mind but his medical records disappeared from a locked safe hours after his death that might have indicated a mentally impaired president in a crucial time in American history who may have suffered several strokes. The media wasn't interested.

…there is nothing in the constitution forbidding congress from making a law
Agreed, as long as those laws don't violate the constitution.

If Congress could make any law...well then, we wouldn't really need a constitution now would we?

Agreed, as long as those laws don't violate the constitution.

If Congress could make any law...well then, we wouldn't really need a constitution now would we?
agreed. so what part of the constitution do you think term limits violates?

agreed. so what part of the constitution do you think term limits violates?
"Article I, Section 2, Clause 2:

No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen."

Do you see restrictions in terms here?

I don't.

"Article I, Section 2, Clause 2:

No Person shall be a Representative who shall not have attained to the Age of twenty five Years, and been seven Years a Citizen of the United States, and who shall not, when elected, be an Inhabitant of that State in which he shall be chosen."

Do you see restrictions in terms here?

I don't.

nope…hence why i said there was nothing forbidding it

nope…hence why i said there was nothing forbidding it
Except for the fact that it is not listed but you keep believing what you want to believe while even the Congress members who champion term limits discus the need for an amendment to implement it.

You should give them a call and tell them an amendment isn't necessary and they can just simply legislate it..and tell them to add in only lawyers can run for Congress too. The constitution says nothing about lawyers so it's open season. How about one armed lawyers who are born on 5 July? Their can't be more then 2 or 3. Then we wouldn't even need to vote, they would be placed in Congress just because they were the only ones qualified.

As a matter of fact, they could just pass restrictions to make sure the only people who qualify are their friends or donators. You know like how some jobs post internally and cater to a specific candidate? Hell yeah. You have cracked the code. Well played counselor.

Except for the fact that it is not listed but you keep believing what you want to believe while even the Congress members who champion term limits discus the need for an amendment to implement it.

You should give them a call and tell them an amendment isn't necessary and they can just simply legislate it..and tell them to add in only lawyers can run for Congress too. The constitution says nothing about lawyers so it's open season. How about one armed lawyers who are born on 5 July? Their can't be more then 2 or 3. Then we wouldn't even need to vote, they would be placed in Congress just because they were the only ones qualified.

As a matter of fact, they could just pass restrictions to make sure the only people who qualify are their friends or donators. You know like how some jobs post internally and cater to a specific candidate? Hell yeah. You have cracked the code. Well played counselor.
I know it's not listed.....there is nothing forbidding it. If the Founders didn't want Congress to act, they would of forbidden it.

Actually the Consitution specifically mentions lawyers, in the 6th Amendment.

I know it's not listed.....there is nothing forbidding it. If the Founders didn't want Congress to act, they would of forbidden it.

Actually the Consitution specifically mentions lawyers, in the 6th Amendment.
That must be why we have a 22nd amendment instead of just congressional legislation.

Forum List

Back