Ted Cruz Last Year: We Should Welcome Syrian Refugees, And We Can Do It Safely

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

"That’s been the history of the United States," he told Fox News.
Interviewed in February 2014, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz declared that Syrian refugees should be permitted into the United States and argued that this could be done without jeopardizing national security.

"We have welcomed refugees -- the tired, huddled masses -- for centuries. That’s been the history of the United States," he told Fox News in a video featured on Cruz's website. "We should continue to do so." He added: "We have to continue to be vigilant to make sure those coming are not affiliated with the terrorists, but we can do that."

Since last week's Paris attacks, the GOP presidential candidate has been a fierce critic of the Obama administration's policy to permit some Syrian refugees into the United States.

Vote trump as he won't let a goddamn one in and he will deport the ones that were let in!

Vote trump as he won't let a goddamn one in and he will deport the ones that were let in!

Yeah, last thing we need is more brown people seeking refuge from a region of the world decades of our own foreign policy helped destroy.

Interviewed in February 2014, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz declared that Syrian refugees should be permitted into the United States and argued that this could be done without jeopardizing national security.

"We have welcomed refugees -- the tired, huddled masses -- for centuries. That’s been the history of the United States," he told Fox News in a video featured on Cruz's website. "We should continue to do so." He added: "We have to continue to be vigilant to make sure those coming are not affiliated with the terrorists, but we can do that."

Since last week's Paris attacks, the GOP presidential candidate has been a fierce critic of the Obama administration's policy to permit some Syrian refugees into the United States.

Have any of them committed a terrorist act since arriving here?

Have any of them committed a terrorist act since arriving here?

Hmmm... how about the ones that already here?

Yes.

Trump wants to stop letting them and deport the ones here
Cruz wants to bring more here!

Vote trump if you don't want muslims terrorist in America!
ra ra ra... one of the dumbest posts i've read today. Keep trying though.

BTW. Both Cruz and Trump or complete jokes

• Banned

So you want to let terrorist into this country? SO you;re for ted cruz?

Whereas I almost always find myself consistently disagreeing with Ted Cruz I agree with him that America should be accepting refugees. America was built on immigrants and they are a part of our culture and history. America should always be a land of opportunity for the "huddled masses".

So you want to let terrorist into this country? SO you;re for ted cruz?
It amuses me how people like you grossly distort the truth to make your reality. I have ZERO love for Ted Cruz, partly because he does the same manipulation with his messages... How you take his support for helping refugees and present it as inviting in terrorists is laughable. To get elected he had to take a hard line approach and is now bashing Obama for what he once stood for exposing his hypocrisy, I'll give you that. When you use the Cruz example as a means to draw support for Trump who has a list 10x larger full of flip-floppin double talk makes the irony that much thicker

Forum List

Back