Ted Cruz Mulling Presidential Bid

Cruz’s mother was a U.S. citizen when he was born, and current U.S. law extends citizenship to anyone born to a U.S. citizen, regardless of where the birth takes place. The question is whether citizenship is the same thing as being a “natural-born citizen.”

Legal scholars generally agree that Cruz meets that requirement, and Cruz’s office agrees.

More: Can Ted Cruz run for president? And should he?

Republican star was born in Canada, to a mother who was born in Delaware and Cuban father.

Advisers to Cruz — a Harvard Law-educated appellate lawyer who has argued dozens of cases before the U.S. Supreme Court and knows a thing or two about constitutional law — say that because his mother had U.S. citizenship at the time of his birth, it transferred to him on foreign soil.

More: Ted Cruz draws presidential buzz, but is he eligible? - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

I hope he does. The GOP field is looking mighty good.
Cruz, Paul, Rubio, Christie, Paul, Jindal, hopefully Herman Cain and Susana Martinez! Of course Cain is still my pick, but I also like Rubio (I admire his courage) and Paul (Just sticks to his principals regardless).

Ted will be legitimate to the reactionary and libertarians wings while pulling some true conservative support. I know Ted, and he is a fun guy. If he can pacify the far right while reaching to the center, he has a chance.
he sounds too much like a wannabe am radio guy to reach the center.
Now that the cat is out of the bag, Cruz's giant ego will compel him to run for president - and the radical hardcore right will demand it. Go Cruz!

he does think rather highly of himself.

He might be better off pulling a "DeMint", obstructing as much as humanly possible then cashing-in on his taxpayer-financed position and go to Heritage or AEI. :thup:

Cruz was born an American citizen. Therefore he is eligible. I dont know his capabilities but the littlle bit I've seen looks good. He is sure going to be better than the numbnuts we have now. Then again a chimp with a stroke would be better than Obama.

Really? He was born in Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother........

Cruz was born in Calgary, Alberta, Canada[1], where his parents, Eleanor Darragh and Rafael Cruz, were working in the oil business.[9][10] His father was a Cuban immigrant to the United States during the Cuban Revolution.[11] His mother was born and reared in Delaware, in a family of Irish and Italian descent.[10][12] Cruz's family returned to the U.S. when he was four years old.[11]

Ted Cruz - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yanno....................go ahead..................let Ted Cruz run for the presidency....................

It would be nice to see another Democrat win.

Unless Hillary is in poor health, she will be running, and she will be our next president. My bet is that Julian Castro is her running mate, and Texas goes blue.

Yanno....................go ahead..................let Ted Cruz run for the presidency....................

Unless Hillary is in poor health, she will be running, and she will be our next president. My bet is that Julian Castro is her running mate, and Texas goes blue.

I'm kinda hoping for that sort of outcome.

Although..................I don't think her running mate is up on the stage yet..............I think it's going to be someone that comes out (or is selected) around between July and November.

The left is as wrong about Cruz's citizenship and qualification to run for president as the right about Obama.

Cruz's mom is an American born in America. End of story.

This is so bizarre! Just like liberals always are. Liberals say that Ted Cruz is mulling a presidential run, and despite all evidence to the contrary, including the fact that Ted Cruz never said anything at all, liberals believe it.

Now, when Cruz doesn't run, liberals will have a HUGE win as they can say they forced Cruz out of the race.

but he needs to get his turn as the clown car driver.

Its the Palin plan.

He knows there is no way in hell he can become president.

He wants a bunch of airtime to set up the book writing and speach making carreer that pays WAY more than any office.

Its a life time flow of stupid peoples money who will pay you to say what they want to hear.

BTW the guy is TOO UGLY to be president.

he looks like a love child between elvis and john belushi

If that happened the USMB eXtreme rw'ers head's would :blowup:
but he needs to get his turn as the clown car driver.

Its the Palin plan.

He knows there is no way in hell he can become president.

He wants a bunch of airtime to set up the book writing and speach making carreer that pays WAY more than any office.

Its a life time flow of stupid peoples money who will pay you to say what they want to hear.

yeah. I don't care whats on the guys resume, he sounds like a rw tinfoiler :tinfoil: whenever I hear him speak. He took the Hagel nomination fiasco way too far making him a 'fringer' as well.

Last edited:
hes on the Palin plan.

ask Palin it pays well no matter how smart or stupid you are

these Palin plan people are going to lose much of their audience.

the big money wont be there anymore soon.

they are so stupid they dont know that.

as long as they are just using the republican party to make money the party dies.

too bad that is all the talent they have left in the party

He was born in Canada to a Cuban father and an American mother........

That's beautiful. Everything the birthers have been screaming about for years! And for Cruz there is actual EVIDENCE.

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Now all we have to do is claim Cruz is a Communist because his dad was from Cuba.

Mwa.

Mwa-ha-ha.

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaaa...

Rafael Edward Cruz. Calls himself "Ted". Hmmmm...

Clearly, Rafael is trying to hide his Castro communist roots.

Forum List

Back