Ted Cruz Pledges Support For Constitutional Amendment Banning Birth Control

You snakes for the Democrat party are so freaking empty of new ideas. You pull this same BS how republicans what to ban abortion, take away birth control, BLAAAA blaa blaa. every damn election that is held in this country.

why anyone would support a party who's base of voters is as bad for LYING to the people as their stinking party they are spreading this around for.
Did you... Watch the Republican primary? Where everyone of them said they wanted to ban abortion and all of them who supported a rape and incest exemption quickly backpedaled those statements? Was that debate a liberal lie? I'm confused. Please explain.

No, I didn't watch the debates and I'm not going to take some leftwinger take on what they did and didn't do. I will go by what I know about them already.
So no point in watching what they said then? And it's not "my take" there were questions directed at a number of candidates about rape exemptions they supported to which most of them replied "no, I've never supported that". It was a real simple question with a real simple answer, I'm not using a some code to find the hidden meaning. And you don't watch how your candidates respond to questions? About how they will handle the presidency? That is so irresponsible it is absurd. Any voter, regardless of political leanings should try to be informed about their candidates as much as possible. And you make these opinions without knowing ANYTHING they said in the debates? I'm sorry, but you are what's wrong with this country. That copout to your civic duty is sickening. But I'm a leftist crazy man, so nothing I say matters, its all lies right? Your nuts.

What a fucking idiot.
While everyone is still transfixed by the outrage reality show that is the Trump campaign, other candidates like Ted Cruz have been scrambling behind the scenes trying to gather support wherever they can. When the Trump bubble finally pops and the whole thing goes down in flames, the most likely people to court his current supporters are Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz. (Bobby Jindal may even be further right than those two, but despite all of his desperate attempts to outdo Donald Trump and get attention, he is less popular than Hillary Clinton, in his own state of Louisiana.) The biggest prize for 2016 GOP presidential candidates is the evangelical conservatives who are adamantly against abortion for any reason, as well as some popular forms of birth control like the IUD which they also consider to be abortion. They believe that once a sperm fertilizes an egg, anything that prevents that egg from turning into a fetus, is the same thing as abortion. I know this sounds strange to some of us, but this is actually what they think, and I can confirm that the anti-choice activists in my family subscribe to this mindset. So that’s where Ted Cruz comes in. Cruz pledged last week to the extreme anti-choice Georgia Right to Life group that he would support a personhood amendment that would declare fertilized eggs to be human beings. Georgia Right to Life, one of the most outspoken proponents of the movement to grant legal “personhood” to fertilized eggs and fetuses, has endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz for president after he signed their candidate pledge promising to “support a personhood amendment to the U.S. Constitution.” GRTL’s pledge, which the group says Cruz signed, asks candidates to affirm that “a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization” and promise to protect “the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level.” In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution. The Georgia group’s advocacy of sweeping personhood measures to ban abortion is so radical that it caused it to split from the National Right to Life Committee. (Source) Yes, these people were too radical for the already extreme National Right to Life Committee, and that was just fine with Ted Cruz. Not content just to defund Planned Parenthood or place serious restrictions on a woman’s right to choose, they also want to ban certain types of birth control which would prevent the need for an abortion in the first place.

You freaks are such lowlife liars. you and that LEFTwing hate site shouldn't be allowed to vote for ALL of our lives in this country

You're a fascist for wanting to use government to force all people to have the baby...I don't like abortion and I oppose late term, but this is going to far.

Show me the text of the proposed law which bans the Pill and IUD.

Also, show me the text which would prosecute women who have had miscarriages.

The miscarriage claim strongly suggests the OP's source has ZERO integrity. So these claims are going to have to be supported with evidence.
Of course it has no integrity. It's a lie from the beginning. No one's banning birth control that prevents conception. It's a fear-mongering hate piece.

Nobody said that. IUD's and the birth control pill hormonally alter the uterine wall to inhibit attached by the fertilized egg,

aka the Person. That is murder under a personhood amendment.
Note what I said. No one's banning birth control that prevents conception. Conception happens when the egg is fertilized. At that point, there is a distinct being that is neither the mother nor the father.

Note what I said for the thousandth time. Both the hormonal IUD and the Pill, by design, adversely alter the uterine wall.

The FERTILIZED EGG has to attach to the uterine wall or it dies.

Set aside your bias for one minute and use your head.
Those are not the only means of birth control. "Ted Cruz wants to ban birth control" is a lie.

If it said 'all' birth control you would be right. It does not. You are not.

The personhood amendment is atrocious enough btw even it doesn't ban the IUD and Pill.

How do you know it's unsupported by any scientific evidence?

Google searches on the topic.

Now you're just lying.

The Polycarp Research Institute TPRI How Do The Pill And Other Contraceptives Work

Did you read their mission statement?

The Polycarp Research Institute is a non-profit organization (501 C3) dedicated to the promotion and dissemination of high-quality research designed to enhance the physical, psychological and spiritual condition of mankind. TPRI will help researchers with projects that are designed to reveal the truths contained within Nature's laws. TPRI will support research efforts that improve the spiritual condition of men and women, and will not promote methods or intentions that are inconsistent with the ethical and moral guidelines of the Catholic Church;

And? Are they factually incorrect on the science?

There is no science as it pertains to actual proven results of BCP's being abortificants, just a lot of "could, may, maybe".

and again, its a catholic group, and your use of them is interesting, in a hacky sort of way.

So we can summarily dismiss any arguments against abortion from groups that are against abortion?

whoa

btw, aren't you forgetting that the Catholic church still opposes birth control of almost every sort?

What a fucking idiot.
While everyone is still transfixed by the outrage reality show that is the Trump campaign, other candidates like Ted Cruz have been scrambling behind the scenes trying to gather support wherever they can. When the Trump bubble finally pops and the whole thing goes down in flames, the most likely people to court his current supporters are Mike Huckabee and Ted Cruz. (Bobby Jindal may even be further right than those two, but despite all of his desperate attempts to outdo Donald Trump and get attention, he is less popular than Hillary Clinton, in his own state of Louisiana.) The biggest prize for 2016 GOP presidential candidates is the evangelical conservatives who are adamantly against abortion for any reason, as well as some popular forms of birth control like the IUD which they also consider to be abortion. They believe that once a sperm fertilizes an egg, anything that prevents that egg from turning into a fetus, is the same thing as abortion. I know this sounds strange to some of us, but this is actually what they think, and I can confirm that the anti-choice activists in my family subscribe to this mindset. So that’s where Ted Cruz comes in. Cruz pledged last week to the extreme anti-choice Georgia Right to Life group that he would support a personhood amendment that would declare fertilized eggs to be human beings. Georgia Right to Life, one of the most outspoken proponents of the movement to grant legal “personhood” to fertilized eggs and fetuses, has endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz for president after he signed their candidate pledge promising to “support a personhood amendment to the U.S. Constitution.” GRTL’s pledge, which the group says Cruz signed, asks candidates to affirm that “a continuum of human life and personhood begins at the moment of fertilization” and promise to protect “the civil rights of the pre-born at an embryonic or fetal level.” In practice, personhood would not only criminalize all abortions, it could also endanger some common forms of birth control and put women who have suffered miscarriages at risk of prosecution. The Georgia group’s advocacy of sweeping personhood measures to ban abortion is so radical that it caused it to split from the National Right to Life Committee. (Source) Yes, these people were too radical for the already extreme National Right to Life Committee, and that was just fine with Ted Cruz. Not content just to defund Planned Parenthood or place serious restrictions on a woman’s right to choose, they also want to ban certain types of birth control which would prevent the need for an abortion in the first place.

You freaks are such lowlife liars. you and that LEFTwing hate site shouldn't be allowed to vote for ALL of our lives in this country

You're a fascist for wanting to use government to force all people to have the baby...I don't like abortion and I oppose late term, but this is going to far.

matt take your meds. the Fascist are in your government right now. they passed OScamCare on you which is "forcing" you to BUY insurance or else be FINED. you didn't care about that so get a grip

Of course it has no integrity. It's a lie from the beginning. No one's banning birth control that prevents conception. It's a fear-mongering hate piece.

Nobody said that. IUD's and the birth control pill hormonally alter the uterine wall to inhibit attached by the fertilized egg,

Note what I said. No one's banning birth control that prevents conception. Conception happens when the egg is fertilized. At that point, there is a distinct being that is neither the mother nor the father.

Note what I said for the thousandth time. Both the hormonal IUD and the Pill, by design, adversely alter the uterine wall.

Those are not the only means of birth control. "Ted Cruz wants to ban birth control" is a lie.

The personhood amendment is atrocious enough btw even it doesn't ban the IUD and Pill.
It is the intention of the headline to cause people to believe he does indeed want to ban all birth control. Had it said he would allow an amendment to ban SOME birth control, it would be more accurate, and so would you. It does not, and neither are you.

It is the intention of the headline to cause people to believe he does indeed want to ban all birth control. Had it said he would allow an amendment to ban SOME birth control, it would be more accurate, and so would you. It does not, and neither are you.

So if I stipulate to Ted Cruz not wanting to ban ALL forms of birth control, but only those that impact the fertilized egg,

including such common forms of birth control as the Pill and the IUD,

THEN we can proceed?

No such amendment will ever pass. Cruz and his crowd are simply exploiting the gullibility of a certain segment of the voting population.

I didn't start this thread, fuckwit.

No such amendment will ever pass. Cruz and his crowd are simply exploiting the gullibility of a certain segment of the voting population.
So why the angst about it then? Politicians pander all the time and make promises they never intend to keep. Is it noteworthy that Obama did the same thing by pretending that he believed marriage is one man, one woman?

So if I stipulate to Ted Cruz not wanting to ban ALL forms of birth control, but only those that impact the fertilized egg,

including such common forms of birth control as the Pill and the IUD,

THEN we can proceed?
Of course. That would not be a lie.

So why the angst about it then? Politicians pander all the time and make promises they never intend to keep. Is it noteworthy that Obama did the same thing by pretending that he believed marriage is one man, one woman?

Why are you in this thread?

Of course you leftist will enjoy supporting the Hildebeast who believes in killing black people, completely opposite of the Great Ted Cruz! We keep proving DemocRATS are RACISTS!

sanger-clinton.jpg

...All the right wingers ignoring the facts because it's from a website they dislike...
Probably more like "All the right wingers ignoring the spin-doctored half-truths because it's from a piece-of-shit website that routinely lies its ass off".

Why are you in this thread?
I would have thought my first post gave it away. The title is deceptive and the OP is an obvious hate piece.

So far, I've seen nothing to support the idea that Cruz would ban PREVENTATIVE measures - routine contraceptives, etc.

The position was spin-doctored by Lefties in an attempt to discredit the candidate in the eyes of women.

Hyper-Leftist Shit-Eaters like that are every bit as bad as Hyper-Rightest Shit-Eaters.

So far, I've seen nothing to support the idea that Cruz would ban PREVENTATIVE measures - routine contraceptives, etc.

The position was spin-doctored by Lefties in an attempt to discredit the candidate in the eyes of women.

Hyper-Leftist Shit-Eaters like that are every bit as bad as Hyper-Rightest Shit-Eaters.
The left certainly does rely on generating as much hysterical fear as possible.

Of course you leftist will enjoy supporting the Hildebeast who believes in killing black people, completely opposite of the Great Ted Cruz! We keep proving DemocRATS are RACISTS!

sanger-clinton.jpg
No she just doesn't know what she is talking about. Now do you see how all those emails were erased as was her decision to use her private email instead of the government server? If we want to see all of her emails, we'll have to ask Russia or China if they would share them with us...

Forum List

Back