Ted Cruz To Introduce Constitutional Amendment On Gay Marriage After Supreme Court Ducks Appeals

Talk of suppression of dissent and public executions is the mark of someone who does not understand how our culture works.

Ted cannot win anything because he is so far right of mainstream America.

Ted Cruz needs to rewrite his amendment to remove government from marriage and the privacy of ALL of its citizens.

Each and every excuse for government to interject itself into the private lives of the citizen, each of us is harmed to a great extent.

If you want a 'marriage' that isn't recognized by the government nor defined by the government, you have it. Anyone can have a ceremony attended by anyone, officiated by most anyone, that does most anything. And they can call it whatever they'd like.
You clearly do not understand.

I want government forbidden from even issuing marriage licenses, from giving tax breaks for marriage (of any kind) from saying what is or is not a legal marriage, from giving benefits because of marital status.

I want government eliminated from everything to do with marriage. Including making money from marrying people.
This is ridiculous and makes no sense.
It will also never happen, thankfully.

Ted Cruz needs to rewrite his amendment to remove government from marriage and the privacy of ALL of its citizens.

Each and every excuse for government to interject itself into the private lives of the citizen, each of us is harmed to a great extent.

If you want a 'marriage' that isn't recognized by the government nor defined by the government, you have it. Anyone can have a ceremony attended by anyone, officiated by most anyone, that does most anything. And they can call it whatever they'd like.

I want government forbidden from even issuing marriage licenses, from giving tax breaks for marriage (of any kind) from saying what is or is not a legal marriage, from giving benefits because of marital status.

I want government eliminated from everything to do with marriage. Including making money from marrying people.
What do you think the chances are of THAT happening? And when did you get that epiphany about "government should get out of the marriage business"?

Marriage is contract law written by state lawmakers and administered by state courts – it is inexorably part of government, and cannot be 'removed.'

What do you think the chances are of THAT happening? And when did you get that epiphany about "government should get out of the marriage business"?
It's a rightwing temper-tantrum: “if we can't keep gays from marrying then get rid of marriage altogether!”

It's a rightwing temper-tantrum: “if we can't keep gays from marrying then get rid of marriage altogether!”
You have a real knack for not knowing what you are talking about.

Marriage is contract law written by state lawmakers and administered by state courts – it is inexorably part of government, and cannot be 'removed.'
And the only reason government is involved is for greed and profit.

I've always held this beliefs.

Are we supposed to believe this guy isn't gay?

ted%20cruz%20AP.jpg

Forum List

Back