Ted Cruz To Spearhead Fight Over Internet Control

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
For those here who don't understand what this is about (and I can't believe that anyone on this forum doesn't know), this is all about ICAN that manages the domain name system, and the Obama administration intends to relinquish power to an international group of stakeholders.

The Texas lawmaker warned it can be dangerous if the U.S. ignored the internet powers it enjoyed as countries like Russia, China and Iran would take over. GOP lawmakers don’t want the Obama administration to surrender its authority to ICANN, the global nonprofit organization that manages the internet’s domain name system.

Story w/lots of links @ The Captain's Journal » Ted Cruz To Spearhead Fight Over Internet Control

I have not seen a conservative yet that had a clue what this is really about. Please explain how domain naming authority has anything to do with control of the internet? All this already independent group does is handle what comes after the dot in an internet address. That's it.

I have not seen a conservative yet that had a clue what this is really about. Please explain how domain naming authority has anything to do with control of the internet? All this already independent group does is handle what comes after the dot in an internet address. That's it.
They all think next month Drudge and Infowars will vanish from the internet :laugh:

They all think next month Drudge and Infowars will vanish from the internet :laugh:
It's so stupid how they can be so easily frightened and then resist with all their might any fact that might make their fear go away.

It's so stupid how they can be so easily frightened and then resist with all their might any fact that might make their fear go away.
They don't know any other way of life than crippling fear

What could go wrong by letting China and Iran handle domain names in the US
That's not what is going to happen, the most that will happen is that they might get some new domains in their native script.
Lol as if Frank's going to have even the faintest understanding of what you just wrote
Oh right. Them three letters at the end like .com or .org can in the future be in same foreign squiggles people in foriegn countries somehow use to communicate with each other. Seems they have trouble switching from whatever they use to Roman letters just to enter a web address.

Anybody can see that Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama, who claimed to have the same dreams as his father (who was an African nationalist alcoholic America hater) does not and never had the same traditional and patriotic values as the offspring of the Greatest Generation. As a farewell gift to his adopted Country it seems that he wants to put the internet under the control of the bar scene from Star Wars aka the U.N. It doesn't make sense unless you understand that Barry doesn't give a damn about the U.S. when he spent his entire administration undermining American influence throughout the world. Will the left wing media continue to be the propaganda arm of the Hussein administration and will fawning democrat idiots in congress follow their leader over the cliff like lemmings or will they come to their senses and fight Hussein's last ditch efforts to undermine the greatest Country in the world? It's a toss-up.

For those here who don't understand what this is about (and I can't believe that anyone on this forum doesn't know), this is all about ICAN that manages the domain name system, and the Obama administration intends to relinquish power to an international group of stakeholders.

The Texas lawmaker warned it can be dangerous if the U.S. ignored the internet powers it enjoyed as countries like Russia, China and Iran would take over. GOP lawmakers don’t want the Obama administration to surrender its authority to ICANN, the global nonprofit organization that manages the internet’s domain name system.

Story w/lots of links @ The Captain's Journal » Ted Cruz To Spearhead Fight Over Internet Control

ICANN is based in Los Angeles in subject to federal and state law.

longknife, phone Ted and tell him.

I love it, I it! The Obama administration has given up control of the South China sea, Iraq, and nuclear weapons in Iran while giving them billions to boot.

After all those BRILLIANT moves, now they want to surrender some of their control of the internet. After seeing how the previous deals they cut worked out, why should anyone be concerned?!?!-)

Anybody can see that Barry Hussein Sotoro Obama, who claimed to have the same dreams as his father (who was an African nationalist alcoholic America hater) does not and never had the same traditional and patriotic values as the offspring of the Greatest Generation. As a farewell gift to his adopted Country it seems that he wants to put the internet under the control of the bar scene from Star Wars aka the U.N. It doesn't make sense unless you understand that Barry doesn't give a damn about the U.S. when he spent his entire administration undermining American influence throughout the world. Will the left wing media continue to be the propaganda arm of the Hussein administration and will fawning democrat idiots in congress follow their leader over the cliff like lemmings or will they come to their senses and fight Hussein's last ditch efforts to undermine the greatest Country in the world? It's a toss-up.
LOL comedy gold right there.

I love it, I it! The Obama administration has given up control of the South China sea, Iraq, and nuclear weapons in Iran while giving them billions to boot.

After all those BRILLIANT moves, now they want to surrender some of their control of the internet. After seeing how the previous deals they cut worked out, why should anyone be concerned?!?!-)
For fucks sake will you people find out something about an issue before you react to it? Especially concerning the internet, I thought republican's opposition to net neutrality was the most uninformed opposition ever but this just about beats it.

For fucks sake will you people find out something about an issue before you react to it? Especially concerning the internet, I thought republican's opposition to net neutrality was the most uninformed opposition ever but this just about beats it.
Why is it that you leftist love to give power to the useless, America hating, U.N.?

Stop UN Control of the Internet
The United Nations is pushing to take control of the Internet – with the power to shut down international Internet communications if dictators demand it.

The Internet is an innovation of the United States and has been managed by a U.S. agency. We are fighting to make sure that America continues to manage the Internet; and more importantly, preserve free speech and the free flow of information the Internet provides. Sign our urgent petition today.

Stop UN Control of the Internet | American Center for Law and Justice

Why is it that you leftist love to give power to the useless, America hating, U.N.?

Stop UN Control of the Internet
The United Nations is pushing to take control of the Internet – with the power to shut down international Internet communications if dictators demand it.

The Internet is an innovation of the United States and has been managed by a U.S. agency. We are fighting to make sure that America continues to manage the Internet; and more importantly, preserve free speech and the free flow of information the Internet provides. Sign our urgent petition today.

Stop UN Control of the Internet | American Center for Law and Justice
I do not have time to educate you on internet domain protocol but if you think this has anything to do with web content or access you're just plain wrong. There is no way spinning off regulatory control of domain assignment could do anything that you would ever even notice unless you spend a lot of time browsing foriegn language websites.

I wouldn't trust Longknife's source.

I do believe this is political bluster.

I went to the EFF, which is the source I trust concerning all issues on technology. They are non-partisan, fought against government control of the net, etc.

There isn't a blip on this issue. If anything, this would keep big brother and the executive office from trying to control the internet. I'm not sure though.

But don't believe me, search their database. This isn't currently an issue.

https://www.eff.org/search/site/internet control

Search:ICANN

OTH, they might not just have been active enough yet to get around to this. :dunno: However, I do see they have lots of posts from the past few days, and many seem like they are way more trivial if this were indeed an issue.

Remember who Chad Sweet is and his connection to Cruz? Remember the Group he helped co-found with that Hillary Clinton/Bush shill Michael Chertoff? Well, the EFF is in direct opposition to him and his Deep State cronies. Is it any wonder they would want to tighten the screws on internet freedom?

Civil Liberties Groups Call for Stronger Oversight by House Intelligence Committee

Forum List

Back