Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt Against 'Evil, Dangerous' Obama

Don't worry, conservatives will keep our malls safe.

LEHsxcc.png

By Nick Wing

Rocker-turned-gun rights provocateur Ted Nugent is willing to say just about anything to attack President Barack Obama and his administration for what he believes is an imminent effort by the government to snatch up guns. During a recent interview, Nugent again raised the bar, invoking a Revolutionary war milestone to suggest that he and his "buddies" were prepared to fight such an effort at all costs.

"I'm part of a very great experiment in self-government where we the people determine our own pursuit of happiness and our own individual freedom and liberty, not to be confused with the Barack Obama gang who believes in we the sheeple and actually is attempting to re-implement the tyranny of King George that we escaped from in 1776," Nugent said in a recent interview with Guns.com at the NBC-sponsored Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show. "And if you want another Concord Bridge, I got some buddies."

Nugent appears to be referring to the beginning of the Revolutionary war, when colonial and British troops assembled at the North Bridge in Concord, Mass. in 1775 broke a standoff when one soldier opened fire. While it's still unclear which side fired the first shot, it was later immortalized by poet Ralph Waldo Emerson, who suggested that "the shot heard 'round the world" was fired by an American.

In his interview, Nugent went on to accuse Obama of having communist ties, suggesting that gun-owning Americans needed to do something to "fix" the fact that he was president.

"The president of the United States goes to the Vietnam Memorial Wall and pretends to honor 58,000 American heroes who died fighting communism and then he hires, appoints and associates with communists," Nugent said. "He pretends to pay honor to men who died fighting communism, and then he hangs out with, hires and appoints communists. He is an evil, dangerous man who hates America and hates freedom. And we need to fix this as soon as possible."

More: Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt Against 'Evil, Dangerous' Obama (VIDEO)

Nugent At Gun Industry Trade Show: "If You Want Another Concord Bridge, I've Got Some Buddies" | Blog | Media Matters for America

God you guys are such thin skinned pussies. When Bush was in Office many on the left said similar things, and you all called them hero's lol

And many of those on the left were jackasses as well. The difference is that they didn't shit themselves and sit in it to avoid a war, and proudly admit to it. For all I know those on the left would really be willing to fight. We already know what lengths Nugent is ready to go to to avoid war.

"Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt Against 'Evil, Dangerous' Obama"

What is really strange is that anyone is surprised by his suggestion and do not realize that there is a substantial and growing number of people who feel more or less the same way.

Umm... no. The "substantial number" is, as always mostly teens, basement-dwellers, and retirees posting on multiple sites with multiple alts. If Nugent or anyone else actually tried to round up a "militia," he'd get a couple dozen middle-aged fat drunks, a couple of steroid-eating closet cases, and a handful of fundamentalists.

Good luck with your "revolution." HarHarHarHarHar!:laugh:

Ted Nugent, the liberal's worst nightmare, a white male redneck with a voice in the public. I mean they idolize Chris Matthews, Rachael Madcow, Kieth Oberalmann, Sean Penn, et al, but a Conservative White Redneck that has a public forum? Their worst nightmare.

How many of them promised to leave the country if GWB won again?

It was a lot, but I don't know if any actually did. Funny as hell, their butthurt.

Link?

Ted Nugent, the liberal's worst nightmare, a white male redneck with a voice in the public. I mean they idolize Chris Matthews, Rachael Madcow, Kieth Oberalmann, Sean Penn, et al, but a Conservative White Redneck that has a public forum? Their worst nightmare.

jtpr312,

You keep right on thinking that. It's not remotely close to reality, but keep on believng...

Last edited:

You are too stupid to speak for liberals.

Ted Nugent, the liberal's worst nightmare, a white male redneck with a voice in the public.

This kind of stuff just stuns me. This is just like "they're afraid of Palin".

Do you really believe this?

Can you really not see the damage that people like this are doing to the GOP, and to conservatism in general? Has the world that the hard Right has created for itself that impenetrable to light, self-awareness, observation, perspective, reason?

God damn, we're going to end up with one party rule, with the GOP relegated to second-class status, with lunacy like this. Scares the crap out of me.

By Nick Wing

Rocker-turned-gun rights provocateur Ted Nugent is willing to say just about anything to attack President Barack Obama and his administration for what he believes is an imminent effort by the government to snatch up guns. During a recent interview, Nugent again raised the bar, invoking a Revolutionary war milestone to suggest that he and his "buddies" were prepared to fight such an effort at all costs.

"I'm part of a very great experiment in self-government where we the people determine our own pursuit of happiness and our own individual freedom and liberty, not to be confused with the Barack Obama gang who believes in we the sheeple and actually is attempting to re-implement the tyranny of King George that we escaped from in 1776," Nugent said in a recent interview with Guns.com at the NBC-sponsored Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show. "And if you want another Concord Bridge, I got some buddies."

Nugent appears to be referring to the beginning of the Revolutionary war, when colonial and British troops assembled at the North Bridge in Concord, Mass. in 1775 broke a standoff when one soldier opened fire. While it's still unclear which side fired the first shot, it was later immortalized by poet Ralph Waldo Emerson, who suggested that "the shot heard 'round the world" was fired by an American.

In his interview, Nugent went on to accuse Obama of having communist ties, suggesting that gun-owning Americans needed to do something to "fix" the fact that he was president.

"The president of the United States goes to the Vietnam Memorial Wall and pretends to honor 58,000 American heroes who died fighting communism and then he hires, appoints and associates with communists," Nugent said. "He pretends to pay honor to men who died fighting communism, and then he hangs out with, hires and appoints communists. He is an evil, dangerous man who hates America and hates freedom. And we need to fix this as soon as possible."

More: Ted Nugent Suggests He's Ready For Armed Revolt Against 'Evil, Dangerous' Obama (VIDEO)

Nugent At Gun Industry Trade Show: "If You Want Another Concord Bridge, I've Got Some Buddies" | Blog | Media Matters for America

I'm wondering why this coward who never served (and shit his pants as well as didn't clean himself up for a couple of weeks) would ever bring up the Viet Nam Memorial.

Isn't Viet Nam the one that he got out of by acting like an idiot?

Ted Nugent, the liberal's worst nightmare, a white male redneck with a voice in the public.

Can you really not see the damage that people like this are doing to the GOP, and to conservatism in general? Has the world that the hard Right has created for itself that impenetrable to light, self-awareness, observation, perspective, reason?

God damn, we're going to end up with one party rule, with the GOP relegated to second-class status, with lunacy like this. Scares the crap out of me.

Exactly. The republicans dug a deep hole when they brought the lunatic fringe on board. They're afraid of the billionaires that own them and speak through the far right, so they'll never fight back.

It's like watching a train wreck in superslow motion.

How in hell can you live in Maryland and be that stupid? What are you one of those Rising Sun/Northeast, self-identified Rednecks?

Exactly. The republicans dug a deep hole when they brought the lunatic fringe on board. They're afraid of the billionaires that own them and speak through the far right, so they'll never fight back.

I don't see how this gets fixed, I really don't.

The movement has been hijacked by these people, and they're not going anywhere, at least as long as Levin & Savage & Limbaugh & Hannity are around to egg them on.

They're pure zealots now, it's like trying to reason with a wild-eyed kid on the street in the Middle East. It's pointless, they aren't listening, they're completely immersed in this stuff.

One party rule is not a good freakin' idea, and that's where we're headed.

th

Last edited:

jtpr312,

You keep right on thinking that. It's not remotely close to reality, but keep on believng...

Being a head up your ass liberal I know you wish to live life without facing reality, but here's the thing, denying reality doesn't make it go away.

How in hell can you live in Maryland and be that stupid? What are you one of those Rising Sun/Northeast, self-identified Rednecks?

The fact that I live in St. Mary'a Co Md, a bastion of conservatism in a a left wing nut sucking liberal state IS the reason I think like this. Good thing I own a place in Virginia, may be time to give my renters notice and retire down there.

The movement has been hijacked by these people, and they're not going anywhere, at least as long as Levin & Savage & Limbaugh & Hannity are around to egg them on.

They're pure zealots now, it's like trying to reason with a wild-eyed kid on the street in the Middle East. It's pointless, they aren't listening, they're completely immersed in this stuff.

th

I don't understand why you believe that the far "lunatic" right has taken over the GOP.

There are some unreasonable people in both parties, yet only the ones in the GOP are accused of destroying a party.

Obama wins two elections and somehow the sky is falling on the GOP?

the incumbent won ( surprise). By a slim margin of the popular vote.

I have a cyclical view of history, that and my opinion is that there is nothing new under the sun.

I can remember when the dems firmly controlled both houses of congress and had a sitting president. Somehow the GOP survived and became ascendant. It will happen again when the electorate blames the dems for their failures. that should be in two years at this rate.

don't forget there is still a GOP controlled HOR ( referred to as the " Obstructionists" ) and GOP controlled state houses and Govs.

cartoon-characters-6a.jpg

The fact that I live in St. Mary'a Co Md, a bastion of conservatism in a a left wing nut sucking liberal state IS the reason I think like this. Good thing I own a place in Virginia, may be time to give my renters notice and retire down there.

western MD and northern MD also " conservative" areas.

Unfortunately the high population areas of Balto and PG county have the votes to ruin it for everyone else.

th

I don't understand why you believe that the far "lunatic" right has taken over the GOP.

There are some unreasonable people in both parties, yet only the ones in the GOP are accused of destroying a party.

Obama wins two elections and somehow the sky is falling on the GOP?

the incumbent won ( surprise). By a slim margin of the popular vote.

I have a cyclical view of history, that and my opinion is that there is nothing new under the sun.

I can remember when the dems firmly controlled both houses of congress and had a sitting president. Somehow the GOP survived and became ascendant. It will happen again when the electorate blames the dems for their failures. that should be in two years at this rate.

don't forget there is still a GOP controlled HOR ( referred to as the " Obstructionists" ) and GOP controlled state houses and Govs.

cartoon-characters-6a.jpg

I very much agree with the fact that politics are cyclical, and that would calm my fears somewhat, except for one thing: Demographics. The crazies on the Right are not only ignoring our rapidly changing demographics, they seem to be going out of their way to exacerbate their weak relationships with minorities and women.

Definitely, I hope you're right, but the crazies are in abject denial right now, and they represent most of the energy in the party. I'm just hoping they take a peek out of their little world before it's too late.

Forum List

Back