Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

CaféAuLait;8732095 said:
Maybe Rachel will think things over and go back home in a few days, but she's in a position to be taken advantage of by predators at this point, and she did it to herself, unfortunately, with the help of unscrupulous non-family members.

Ya know, after reading your post I wonder if she did indeed 'do it to herself'. Has there been undue influence by these other families? Advice she got from multi-millionaire adult lawyers for years ,convinced her she was in the right and her parents were wrong for not allowing her to drink and do whatever she wanted?

I realize she has to take responsibility, but I wonder if these other adults have not tainted her views?

Part of being an adult is to be able to avoid such 'undue influence.'

Studying to be a Paralegal, I knew from the onset this child hadn't a prayer. Her certification is riddled with lies and half truths that a professional lawyer would have a field day with. Typical 18 year old behavior... on steroids. Her parents have all the evidence that contradicts her case. And thus, this is an open and shut case.

Maybe when she's 26, her granny will support her.

Then, she'll have it made.

Doncha think?

;)

NEGGED! And if you turned your rep on the comment would say, 'you disgusting piece of shit.'

Do try to stay on topic. Your antics are not entertaining. This thread is about an 18 year old woman who is suing her parents and getting nowhere fast.

CaféAuLait;8732095 said:
Maybe Rachel will think things over and go back home in a few days, but she's in a position to be taken advantage of by predators at this point, and she did it to herself, unfortunately, with the help of unscrupulous non-family members.

Ya know, after reading your post I wonder if she did indeed 'do it to herself'. Has there been undue influence by these other families? Advice she got from multi-millionaire adult lawyers for years ,convinced her she was in the right and her parents were wrong for not allowing her to drink and do whatever she wanted?

I realize she has to take responsibility, but I wonder if these other adults have not tainted her views?

Part of being an adult is to be able to avoid such 'undue influence.'

Yes, but she has been allowed to drink and do things against her parents wishes with this family that is now financing her lawsuit and allowing her to live in their home, since the age of 15. I was wondering if their influence has contributed to her believing this is okay and not just regular teen behavior. Meaning this family has led her to believe her behavior is perfectly okay. If that makes any sense.

Studying to be a Paralegal, I knew from the onset this child hadn't a prayer. Her certification is riddled with lies and half truths that a professional lawyer would have a field day with. Typical 18 year old behavior... on steroids. Her parents have all the evidence that contradicts her case. And thus, this is an open and shut case.

Doncha think?

;)

NEGGED! And if you turned your rep on the comment would say, 'you disgusting piece of shit.'

Do try to stay on topic. Your antics are not entertaining. This thread is about an 18 year old woman who is suing her parents and getting nowhere fast.

It would help if people didn't quote such comments. I know that comment by ludd was aimed at me, but I will not dignify it with a response. Those days of being easily provoked are behind me.

And yes, let's stay on topic if we can.

One thing I think worth mentioning is that we shouldn't go too far in castigating this young woman.

Yes, she's done a very conceited thing and, hopefully, she's learning one of life's harsh lessons.

Beyond that, articles and comments that keep attacking her personally have little if any relevance here.

For example the article mentioning her drinking didn't need to be said. It's just stirring the pot. You may be surprised how many teenagers drink, between 15 and 19. Attacking her for that to try and get in some extra damage makes those people look envious, although it may be hard to not have hatred towards arrogant and wealthy people in general... I myself had a wine cooler occasionally when I was 15, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it so long as it is in moderation.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

She is an 18 year old attractive cheerleader who fucks and drinks

She is not the lowest form of life in the world. She is every teenagers dream

One thing I think worth mentioning is that we shouldn't go too far in castigating this young woman.

Yes, she's done a very conceited thing and, hopefully, she's learning one of life's harsh lessons.

Beyond that, articles and comments that keep attacking her personally have little if any relevance here.

For example the article mentioning her drinking didn't need to be said. It's just stirring the pot. You may be surprised how many teenagers drink, between 15 and 19. Attacking her for that to try and get in some extra damage makes those people look envious, although it may be hard to not have hatred towards arrogant and wealthy people in general... I myself had a wine cooler occasionally when I was 15, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it so long as it is in moderation.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

I see it differently, the article mentioning her drinking shows issues with the family who has taken her in IMO. The same family financing her lawsuit. I believe they bear culpability or perhaps may have contributed to her acting out against her parents, if they have been condoning her drinking since the age of 15, as alleged by her parents.

She is an 18 year old attractive cheerleader who fucks and drinks

She is not the lowest form of life in the world. She is every teenagers dream

Yes. That I have not argued. :D

Personally, I think college tuition should either be free or on a scale depending on ability to pay.

That said?

This young woman has all sorts of options open to her.

There are plenty of grants and stipends.

She could also join the military or find a job that offers to partially pay for college.

Suing her parents is definitely the wrong way to go.

Of course you do, you think we should pay for everything for everybody.

But to be objective here, her parents aren't completely absolved of any responsibility either. In their certification, they both claimed to have "very liberal household rules." No, I'm not talking politics here. They were very lax with their children and are now wondering why Rachel specifically is acting in such an unruly manner. I can't help but observe that they, while being the victims of Rachel's behavior, are also the victims of their own parenting style. The Inglesino's don't help matters any by usurping one bad parenting style with another.

That is simply my observation...

CaféAuLait;8732095 said:

Sometimes it takes a wise judge's ruling to change the course of a life going the wrong way on a one-way street. We can pray and hope the young woman will go home and make some changes in her approach to her parents as the ones looking out for her best interests in spite of her attempts to dismantle their tough-love approach to her alcoholic tendencies, once a private matter, now intolerably public.

I believe in America's youth. This one made a mistake, and only she can make the decision to do the right thing to correct it. I hope she realizes she was wrong to humiliate her family by blaming them for her bad decisions and cowgirl up to family guidelines. Anyone who'd encourage a child to seek damages from someone who stood up to their tantrum is bad for that child. I can understand why her parents would take her back if she agrees to live within their rules.

Now, she's regurgitating her mind-altering substance along with her bile in somebody else's trash can.

Last edited:
Rachel Canning ' s lawyers thoroughly checked out the parents financial status before they filed this tripe. The entire exercise was to shake the family down for attorney fees.

CaféAuLait;8732240 said:
I see it differently, the article mentioning her drinking shows issues with the family who has taken her in IMO. The same family financing her lawsuit. I believe they bear culpability or perhaps may have contributed to her acting out against her parents, if they have been condoning her drinking since the age of 15, as alleged by her parents.

It is tricky to weigh this issue, when both parties in this situation are able to exaggerate facts.

Her drinking may indeed be a relatively normal thing. Mentioning specifics, like she drank until she vomited into a garbage can, is enough to put it past the line of relevancy. She drank some? OK, that is alright. Many teenagers have done this. That a family facilitated this, too, is relatively normal. Less emphasis should have been put on attacking her character because she drank some alcohol, and more focused on this weasel of a man who's financing her failed lawsuit.

I have no problem making a point, but to take it past that is something to be careful of. We as a society need to practice restraint when it comes to debate and discussion, myself included. The primary focus should be on this dastard, and what is going to happen with this young woman. If she is wise, she will return like the Bible's prodigal son, and try to make amends while she still can. This gash in her life can be mended, and kept from being a hideous scar she'll carry forever.

Last edited:
CaféAuLait;8732240 said:

It is tricky to weigh this issue, when both parties in this situation are able to exaggerate facts.

Her drinking may indeed be a relatively normal thing. Mentioning specifics, like she drank until she vomited into a garbage can, is enough to put it past the line of relevancy. She drank some? OK, that is alright. Many teenagers have done this. That a family facilitated this, too, is relatively normal. Less emphasis should have been put on attacking her character because she drank some alcohol, and more focused on this weasel of a man who's financing her failed lawsuit.

I have no problem making a point, but to take it past that is something to be careful of. We as a society need to practice restraint when it comes to debate and discussion, myself included. The primary focus should be on this dastard, and what is going to happen with this young woman. If she is wise, she will return like the Bible's prodigal son, and try to make amends while she still can. This gash in her life can be mended, and kept from being a hideous scar she'll carry forever.

I agree, both sides probably have exaggerated facts, its human nature, especially when we hurt and or want revenge or our way- whatever that may be.

I just find it a little too much that the family financing her lawsuit against her parents have had disagreements on parenting styles, very suspicious. There is usually something rooted in truth. IDK what that is. I do know these other set of parents should have butted out. I can't even begin to imagine their anger if the situation were reversed and Rachel's parents were financing their daughter to sue them.

CaféAuLait;8732095 said:

Sometimes it takes a wise judge's ruling to change the course of a life going the wrong way on a one-way street. We can pray and hope the young woman will go home and make some changes in her approach to her parents as the ones looking out for her best interests in spite of her attempts to dismantle their tough-love approach to her alcoholic tendencies, once a private matter, now intolerably public.

I believe in America's youth. This one made a mistake, and only she can make the decision to do the right thing to correct it. I hope she realizes she was wrong to humiliate her family by blaming them for her bad decisions and cowgirl up to family guidelines. Anyone who'd encourage a child to seek damages from someone who stood up to their tantrum is bad for that child. I can understand why her parents would take her back if she agrees to live within their rules.

Now, she's regurgitating her mind-altering substance along with her bile in somebody else's trash can.

This is not a case of a judge saying....You win and you lose

This is a Family Court Judge who has to try to rebuild a family

You don't want to destroy a family over something as petty as this

CaféAuLait;8732095 said:

This is not a case of a judge saying....You win and you lose

This is a Family Court Judge who has to try to rebuild a family

You don't want to destroy a family over something as petty as this

But from what I've been reading, the child has actively tried to destroy that family by pitting her parents against one another. This girl needs to be set straight, and her parents need to learn a valuable lesson on how not to raise children. I don't envy this judge the task he has to undertake here.

Doncha think?

;)
I think her plan is to go to college, meet a rich guy marry him, get on a real housewives of spin off... get divorced and live off the proceeds...

icon_smile_2cents.gif

Yes, everyone just shut up about heavy drinkers!

Where's my beer????????

icon_smile_2cents.gif

Yes, everyone just shut up about heavy drinkers!

Where's my beer????????

1B7012588-tdy-130419-beer-stock-1.blocks_desktop_large.jpg

Forum List

Back