Teen Sues Parents for Cash and College Tuition. Does She Have a Case?

Sometimes it takes a wise judge's ruling to change the course of a life going the wrong way on a one-way street. We can pray and hope the young woman will go home and make some changes in her approach to her parents as the ones looking out for her best interests in spite of her attempts to dismantle their tough-love approach to her alcoholic tendencies, once a private matter, now intolerably public.

I believe in America's youth. This one made a mistake, and only she can make the decision to do the right thing to correct it. I hope she realizes she was wrong to humiliate her family by blaming them for her bad decisions and cowgirl up to family guidelines. Anyone who'd encourage a child to seek damages from someone who stood up to their tantrum is bad for that child. I can understand why her parents would take her back if she agrees to live within their rules.

Now, she's regurgitating her mind-altering substance along with her bile in somebody else's trash can.

This is not a case of a judge saying....You win and you lose

This is a Family Court Judge who has to try to rebuild a family

You don't want to destroy a family over something as petty as this

But from what I've been reading, the child has actively tried to destroy that family by pitting her parents against one another. This girl needs to be set straight, and her parents need to learn a valuable lesson on how not to raise children. I don't envy this judge the task he has to undertake here.

The "child" is 18

18 year olds are dumb as shit. They only know what they want. Believe it or not, 18 year olds grow up. Some even become responsible adults

Read, you moron. Learn to fucking read. All the liberals aren't defending her. Not even close.

Why are you trying to make this political? Do you get extra neo-con reps if you demonize the opposition?

Sometimes it takes a wise judge's ruling to change the course of a life going the wrong way on a one-way street. We can pray and hope the young woman will go home and make some changes in her approach to her parents as the ones looking out for her best interests in spite of her attempts to dismantle their tough-love approach to her alcoholic tendencies, once a private matter, now intolerably public.

I believe in America's youth. This one made a mistake, and only she can make the decision to do the right thing to correct it. I hope she realizes she was wrong to humiliate her family by blaming them for her bad decisions and cowgirl up to family guidelines. Anyone who'd encourage a child to seek damages from someone who stood up to their tantrum is bad for that child. I can understand why her parents would take her back if she agrees to live within their rules.

Now, she's regurgitating her mind-altering substance along with her bile in somebody else's trash can.

But from what I've been reading, the child has actively tried to destroy that family by pitting her parents against one another. This girl needs to be set straight, and her parents need to learn a valuable lesson on how not to raise children. I don't envy this judge the task he has to undertake here.

lol...

The "child" is 18

18 year olds are dumb as shit. They only know what they want. Believe it or not, 18 year olds grow up. Some even become responsible adults

Yes, of course. But until she act like an adult, she is still that of a child. That's the way my father treated me, and I see that as very logical. He said "You aren't an adult until you act like one." Rachel? She is the furthest from.

The "child" is 18

Yes, of course. But until she act like an adult, she is still that of a child. That's the way my father treated me, and I see that as very logical. He said "You aren't an adult until you act like one." Rachel? She is the furthest from.

So as a parent, do you want to destroy your child's life for how they acted when they were 18?

Last edited:
The "child" is 18

So as a parent, do you want to destroy your child's life for how they acted when they were 18?

I don't think it's so much the parents wanting to destroy their daughter's life, but her refusing to abide by their normal rules and leaving by her own choice. If they wanted to destroy her, they could have abused or killed her years ago.

One thing I think worth mentioning is that we shouldn't go too far in castigating this young woman.

Yes, she's done a very conceited thing and, hopefully, she's learning one of life's harsh lessons.

Beyond that, articles and comments that keep attacking her personally have little if any relevance here.

For example the article mentioning her drinking didn't need to be said. It's just stirring the pot. You may be surprised how many teenagers drink, between 15 and 19. Attacking her for that to try and get in some extra damage makes those people look envious, although it may be hard to not have hatred towards arrogant and wealthy people in general... I myself had a wine cooler occasionally when I was 15, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it so long as it is in moderation.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

Yes, well; I've been castigated for not castigating her.

Good times.

The "child" is 18

I never said anything of the sort. What would you rather do, absolve her of any responsibility? If you want to know the truth, Rachel is doing that on her own. If I were her parent, I would expose her to the real world consequences of her behavior. Stealing? I press charges. Lying? I show her what happens when people perjure in the court of law. Name calling and disrespect? I would show her cases where simple namecalling got someone sued under the law. Not being a real parent, but a big brother to my now almost 17 year old younger brother, failure is often the most effective teaching tool for kids who think they know everything.

My father often gave me the rope, I was the one who hung myself with it. This child is doing the exact same thing.

Edit: If my father were in Sean Canning's shoes, he wouldn't have hesitated to snatch me out of the Inglesino household and given them all a whats for. Given that he has combat training he would have found ways to enforce his rules.

Last edited:
She is 18, only eight years younger than you. Legally, she is an adult. And she is a highly productive one. You can probably stop attempting to insult her anytime now.

Aaand Plasmaball is here, that means I'm outta here.

you are a joke. I could go into this longwinded post about why you are one, but why bother. So run away little child.

Plasmaball, this needs to stop. Don't dredge crap from other places here. You are in my thread, which is about something completely unrelated to what you've brought up.

Either you contribute to this discussion like everyone else, or don't post here.

Now, what are your thoughts on this issue at hand? I've yet to hear your perspective on this topic.

Aaand Plasmaball is here, that means I'm outta here.

you are a joke. I could go into this longwinded post about why you are one, but why bother. So run away little child.

Plasmaball, this needs to stop. Don't dredge crap from other places here. You are in my thread, which is about something completely unrelated to what you've brought up.

Either you contribute to this discussion like everyone else, or don't post here.

Now, what are your thoughts on this issue at hand? I've yet to hear your perspective on this topic.

He doesn't have any thoughts on this subject. He came here specifically to goad me. Won't have any of it. I'll post here despite his childishness. Let's get back on topic.

Personally, I think college tuition should either be free or on a scale depending on ability to pay.

That said?

This young woman has all sorts of options open to her.

There are plenty of grants and stipends.

She could also join the military or find a job that offers to partially pay for college.

Suing her parents is definitely the wrong way to go.

Of course you do, you think we should pay for everything for everybody.

That is your attitude, Antaresroo, that all of us should pay your health insurance industry too much money for so little care.

The girl will find her way by herself, and so will you when the time comes.

The "child" is 18

I agree that 18-year olds are dumb as shit. So are 30-year olds. Life is all about living and learning and anyone who thinks they know more now than they will when they are older is a fool.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished by how much he’d learned in seven years.”

Mark Twain

I am now 74 and I laugh when I look back to my younger years. Oh, I did a lot I am now proud of but also many things I am now ashamed of. I propose that we – each of us – are a work in progress, and if anything we should improve with age.

I agree that 18-year olds are dumb as shit. So are 30-year olds. Life is all about living and learning and anyone who thinks they know more now than they will when they are older is a fool.

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished by how much he’d learned in seven years.”

Mark Twain

I am now 74 and I laugh when I look back to my younger years. Oh, I did a lot I am now proud of but also many things I am now ashamed of. I propose that we – each of us – are a work in progress, and if anything we should improve with age.

Very well put.

...hey, you wouldn't happen to have some advice for young doof like me, huh? :D

I think this young woman has an opportunity to grow very wise through this ordeal.

One thing I think worth mentioning is that we shouldn't go too far in castigating this young woman.

Yes, she's done a very conceited thing and, hopefully, she's learning one of life's harsh lessons.

Beyond that, articles and comments that keep attacking her personally have little if any relevance here.

For example the article mentioning her drinking didn't need to be said. It's just stirring the pot. You may be surprised how many teenagers drink, between 15 and 19. Attacking her for that to try and get in some extra damage makes those people look envious, although it may be hard to not have hatred towards arrogant and wealthy people in general... I myself had a wine cooler occasionally when I was 15, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it so long as it is in moderation.
icon_smile_2cents.gif

Yes, well; I've been castigated for not castigating her.

Good times.

This petty castigation from all sides needs to STOP. Keep that goddamned crap downstairs where it belongs. :evil:

I didn't say shit about anyone or anything else, Wake. I said I have been castigated for supporting the daughter, as has Barb.

I'd be happy to leave the thread if I say something completely innocuous, and you're going to jump my ass.

Forum List

Back