Teenager Allegedly Rapes Homeowner at Gunpoint Gets Shot and Killed by Neighbor

Can you imagine how many home invasions we would have if homeowners did not possess a lot of guns?

I don't think it would effect the rate at all.

It does brain...studies show that burglaries while people are home happen far more often in Britain and Canada because no one has guns...while American burglars avoid meeting the homeowner....because of the fear of getting shot.....

That doesn't mean more criminals are created. It's easy to argue that a burglary while people are not home has a much greater chance of success.

Can you imagine how many home invasions we would have if homeowners did not possess a lot of guns?

It would be like the UK. Have you ever seen the movie "Millions"? A police supervisor is talking to several families about to move into the neighborhood and tells them "You will probably be burglared" and then tells them how to submit an insurance claim. The UK has a notoriously high rate of home invasions and violent crime, much more so than the U.S. To them it's like a cynical lottery that happens to some people and you just hope it isn't you someday because there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Fewer guns would not create more criminals.

Yet the UK's violent crime rate is higher than ours.

Violent-Crimes-US-UK-France.png

And lots of countries with fewer guns have lower violent crime rates. We have by far the most guns in the world, shouldn't we have the least violent crime? We don't. Fewer guns would not create more criminals.

Brain...again, those countries had less violent crime that we had to begin with...our guns didn't increase our violence and lack of guns didn't decrease theirs.....different cultures, their people have a more submissive attitude toward authority, and don't kill as much...unless they are in uniform...then they are quite capable of murdering millions...

I think we agree. I'm saying the amount of guns does not effect crime. So if we had less guns there would not be more criminals.

It would be like the UK. Have you ever seen the movie "Millions"? A police supervisor is talking to several families about to move into the neighborhood and tells them "You will probably be burglared" and then tells them how to submit an insurance claim. The UK has a notoriously high rate of home invasions and violent crime, much more so than the U.S. To them it's like a cynical lottery that happens to some people and you just hope it isn't you someday because there's nothing you can do to stop it.

And lots of countries with fewer guns have lower violent crime rates. We have by far the most guns in the world, shouldn't we have the least violent crime? We don't. Fewer guns would not create more criminals.

Brain...again, those countries had less violent crime that we had to begin with...our guns didn't increase our violence and lack of guns didn't decrease theirs.....different cultures, their people have a more submissive attitude toward authority, and don't kill as much...unless they are in uniform...then they are quite capable of murdering millions...

I think we agree. I'm saying the amount of guns does not effect crime. So if we had less guns there would not be more criminals.

It definitely effects the crime that involves you being robbed, raped, beaten, kidnapped or murdered.....

It definitely effects the crime that involves you being robbed, raped, beaten, kidnapped or murdered.....

You seem to be contradicting yourself. You just said it's not about guns.
".our guns didn't increase our violence and lack of guns didn't decrease theirs...."

".our guns didn't increase our violence and lack of guns didn't decrease theirs...."

Social policy in our inner cities increased our violence.....arming private citizens reduces inter personal crime...and criminals switch to crimes that don't endanger them....

I am not contradicting myself....I have always pointed out that if you remove all guns from the world we would still have violence....remember swords, axes, and spears......I have always said that guns allow the physically weak to fight off the physically strong and the numerically superior enemy...

In fact...it is you guys who say more guns will increase the crime level....even though actual statisitcs show that while more Americans are carrying guns for self defense, and owning them in their homes....the violent crime rate and the gun murder rate has gone down....

In 2008 the gun murder rate was over 9,000...in 2013 it was 8,454.....

In fact...more guns will reduce crime...we just happen to have more violence to begin with...with or without guns...guns help reduce that level to as low as it will go with our violent inner cities.....

Social policy in our inner cities increased our violence.....arming private citizens reduces inter personal crime...and criminals switch to crimes that don't endanger them....

I am not contradicting myself....I have always pointed out that if you remove all guns from the world we would still have violence....remember swords, axes, and spears......I have always said that guns allow the physically weak to fight off the physically strong and the numerically superior enemy...

In fact...it is you guys who say more guns will increase the crime level....even though actual statisitcs show that while more Americans are carrying guns for self defense, and owning them in their homes....the violent crime rate and the gun murder rate has gone down....

In 2008 the gun murder rate was over 9,000...in 2013 it was 8,454.....

In fact...more guns will reduce crime...we just happen to have more violence to begin with...with or without guns...guns help reduce that level to as low as it will go with our violent inner cities.....

Sorry but you can't point to where I have ever made that claim.

Suggesting we just need more guns is absurd. We have by far the most is the world. The answer is not guns.

One of the ways guns reduce crime is that guns reduce the number of criminals.

There are only about 230 criminals killed in defense each year. They are not reducing the number of criminals by any noticable amount.

And those are all illegal in the UK. Do you know they're so silly over there that even chefs and butchers have to use knives with no point on them? That's right, they have to be rounded off so they can't be used as a stabbing implement.

Not a bad idea, since the point has almost no practical use to it, and if it can prevent stabbings, I would be for it in certain situations like that.

And those are all illegal in the UK. Do you know they're so silly over there that even chefs and butchers have to use knives with no point on them? That's right, they have to be rounded off so they can't be used as a stabbing implement.

Not a bad idea, since the point has almost no practical use to it, and if it can prevent stabbings, I would be for it in certain situations like that.

Are you a butcher that you think you know that a butcher has no use for the point on a knife?

Then STFU, ignoramus.

Are you a butcher that you think you know that a butcher has no use for the point on a knife?

Then STFU, ignoramus.

If they really need a point, I'm sure they can find a knife with one, in any case.

Then STFU, ignoramus.

If they really need a point, I'm sure they can find a knife with one, in any case.

Yes, they hide one from the cops.

I'm sad for your that you're not disgusted at your own arrogance of telling chefs and butchers what they do or don't need. In fact, you don't even see it.

Then STFU, ignoramus.

I'm sad for your that you're not disgusted at your own arrogance of telling chefs and butchers what they do or don't need. In fact, you don't even see it.

You said they do it that way in the UK so it must work out, and I thought it was not a bad idea. That's all.

Then STFU, ignoramus.

You said they do it that way in the UK so it must work out, so I thought it was not a bad idea. That's all.

I said they're forced to by law. If they had a choice, they would use real knives with points on them to make their jobs easier.

One word: "Machete" !
!
20131008__131011m-Machete-Danny-Trejo-Machete-Kills.jpg

I don't believe you. Link

!

Go fuck yourself. I'm not your link slave and you have google.

!

Go fuck yourself. I'm not your link slave and you have google.

Stop spreading lies.

Then STFU, ignoramus.

You said they do it that way in the UK so it must work out, so I thought it was not a bad idea. That's all.

I said they're forced to by law. If they had a choice, they would use real knives with points on them to make their jobs easier.

You have never heard of workers being inconvenienced for reasons of safety?

Then STFU, ignoramus.

American chefs and bakers...and those in just about every other country for that matter.... are just as safe with blades ending in a point.

And I'll sign off here because I can't argue at this basal level any longer.

American chefs and bakers...and those in just about every other country for that matter.... are just as safe with blades ending in a point.

And I'll sign off here because I can't argue at this basal level any longer.

And you lied about the UK having blunted cooking knives.

Forum List

Back