Tell me your voting story.

We have been signed up to vote by mail for decades here in Florida. They have a good system.

We received our ballot in the mail. We filled it out. A couple of weeks ago we drove to the drop off place at the County Voter Registration office. We drove up to a station where a lady took our ballots and checked them to make sure we had signed and dated them. She then dropped them into a locked ballot box. There were several people at the station. There was also a video camera filming everything. Later on we checked the website to see that our ballots had been counted.

Here is mine. The poles in this small New Hampshire town opened at 8am and my my wife and I got there at 7:45. The parking lot of the Church was nearly full already-maybe fifty cars. There was a long line of people stretching around the lot about 200 yards in length when we got there. It was cold with light snow showers and an icy breeze. We got one of the last parking spaces and the line of automobiles behind us was as far as the eye could see.

People had to park on both sides of the access roads when the spaces were full leaving just enough room in the middle of the road for a single care to pass. The people line snaked around the building and into the lot with my wife and I about nearly at the back end at poll opening time.

The line seemed frozen in place and we were freezing as well. Within twenty minutes the line behind us was out on the access road. Six feet of separation was a virtual impossibility and everyone I saw was wearing a mask. After about 25 minutes the line began to slowly move-very slowly. My glasses kept fogging up from my mask and I was chilled to the bone and so was my wife.

The line would move and then stop. We were dressed warmly but some were not. People were shivering and hopping in place to generate body heat. The line behind us was now out of sight and I was glad we got there when we did.

After what seemed like an arctic ordeal we got the door where a poll worker was taking everyone's temperature. You couldn't just walk in because they were calling letters like A to C and you had to comply with your turn. We were in the elements for an hour and fifteen minutes.

I have no doubt that this is going to be the most voted on election in the history of America. It was worth it me because of the magnitude of what we are facing.

I completed an absentee ballot weeks ago and sent it in. I have two homes and am registered to vote in the one I haven't been riding out the coronavirus in

Smooth as silk. Went Friday around 3.
Feels good to fulfill my American opportunity and obligation. No whining needed about drop boxes and mail in cheating
When you show up and vote you have something to say about American politics. When you don’t no one wants to hear a word from your unmotivated pie hole

Here is mine. The poles in this small New Hampshire town opened at 8am and my my wife and I got there at 7:45. The parking lot of the Church was nearly full already-maybe fifty cars. There was a long line of people stretching around the lot about 200 yards in length when we got there. It was cold with light snow showers and an icy breeze. We got one of the last parking spaces and the line of automobiles behind us was as far as the eye could see.

People had to park on both sides of the access roads when the spaces were full leaving just enough room in the middle of the road for a single care to pass. The people line snaked around the building and into the lot with my wife and I about nearly at the back end at poll opening time.

The line seemed frozen in place and we were freezing as well. Within twenty minutes the line behind us was out on the access road. Six feet of separation was a virtual impossibility and everyone I saw was wearing a mask. After about 25 minutes the line began to slowly move-very slowly. My glasses kept fogging up from my mask and I was chilled to the bone and so was my wife.

The line would move and then stop. We were dressed warmly but some were not. People were shivering and hopping in place to generate body heat. The line behind us was now out of sight and I was glad we got there when we did.

After what seemed like an arctic ordeal we got the door where a poll worker was taking everyone's temperature. You couldn't just walk in because they were calling letters like A to C and you had to comply with your turn. We were in the elements for an hour and fifteen minutes.

I have no doubt that this is going to be the most voted on election in the history of America. It was worth it me because of the magnitude of what we are facing.
Yesterday I sat down and filled out my ballot. Then I put my Veterans for Trump hat on, got in my truck and drove down to the drop off box located at the Nevada County gubberment center, drove up to the drop off box and dropped my competed ballot in.

Not much of a story, but I turned 18 on election day 1972, which coincided with the lowering of the voting age to 18, so I became the youngest person ever to vote in my home town at the time.

I was rather disappointed by the utter lack of immediate fame this brought me.

It sucked that you didn't get your picture on the front page of the local newspaper. I turned 18 years old 60 days before you and while I know I voted, I can't recall the experience. I probably did so by absentee ballot since I was away attending my freshman year in college.

We have a terrific vote by mail system. We also receive loads of candidate and related information for weeks ahead of the election. Love it.

I'm an Independent and vote for the best person, of either party. Sadly, their are some loony GOPers who want to fuck with our well established process.

If these crazy assholes continue with their nuttiness I'll retaliate by voting against the GOP candidates.

Last edited:
We have a terrific vote by mail system. We also receive loads of candidate and related information for weeks ahead of the election. Love it.

I'm an Independent and vote for the best person, of either party. Sadly, there are some loony GOPers who want to fuck with our well established process. If these crazy assholes continue with their nuttiness I'll retaliate by voting against the GOP candidates.

I threw the 6 fake leftyvirus mailin ballots I received via the mail into the trash can, went and stood in line an hour at my local high school voting station, showed my ID and signed my name, and voted.

Forum List

Back