Tempest Over Obama's Tea Cup Salute

LatteSaluteBushBarney2.jpg

Obama Is A Piece Of Shit US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Barry Soetoro is just too cool be bothered with the trappings of the presidency. Here we see it with the "latte salute"....

1. ht_obama_salute_kab_140923_16x9_992.jpg
Hey, 35% approval ratings don't grow on trees ya know. :eusa_snooty:
Yeah, saluting us the main thing on the mind if the President of the United States. Even Mudwhistle defended Obama on the other thread on this subject, and that almost makes it a cold day in hell.

Tempest over Obama's tea cup salute: Commander-in-chief sparks anger by saluting Marines with drink in his hand
  • President was exiting his Marine One helicopter after landing in New York City for speeches about global warming and fighting ISIS in Syria
  • Commander-in-chief is a military title that entitles Obama to a salute, and he's expected to return the gesture
  • On Tuesday he saluted two uniformed US Marines while holding a cup in his hand, a breach that won't win him fans among veterans or servicemen
  • Twitter erupted with the president's indignant detractors
  • The White House put a short video of his arrival in New York on its own Instagram page, creating a public gaffe that no photographer had shown

President Barack Obama saluted a pair of United States Marines on Tuesday while holding what appeared to be a styrofoam cup in his saluting hand, a breach of military regulations that won't win him fans among veterans and servicemen.

Obama is known for drinking tea, not coffee, when he travels, especially before delivering speeches.

His quasi-saluting gesture was an instant embarrassment for the White House, and not because his environmentally taboo drinkware clashed with the green-policy speech he was on his way to deliver at a UN Climate Summit.

1411516838039_wps_1_Americans_weren_t_amused_.jpg

1411505614316_wps_5_Americans_including_those.jpg

1411505608159_wps_4_JUDGMENT_With_no_news_pho.jpg

Read more: Tempest over Obama s tea cup salute Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What an absolute disaster liberals are.
While his gesture was highly inappropriate, he really shouldn't have saluted at all. Despite holding the title, "Commander-in-Chief," a president is a civilian position and saluting is reserved for military. Even president Eisenhower, who achieved the notable rank of 5 star General while he served in the military, knew better than to salute once he became president.
A CIC is not required to salute. You are correct. No CIC did it until Reagan. It is more from a position of respect than from a position of protocol.

Saluting is NOT reserved just for the military. There, you are incorrect.
MILITARY COURTESY

Military courtesy is simply an application of common, everyday courtesy and common sense. The form of salutation and greeting for the civilian consists of raising the hat. The form of salutation for the military man consists of rendering the military salute.

Barry Soetoro is just too cool be bothered with the trappings of the presidency. Here we see it with the "latte salute"....

Yeah, saluting us the main thing on the mind if the Oresudent if the Unuted States. Even Mudwhistle defended Obama on the other thread on this subject, and that almost makes it a cold day in hell.
Listen, when the CIC is shown the respect of a salute by men in uniform, he will return that salute in a proper manner no matter what else is on his "mind". We who have served find this to be one of his most repulsive insults to the Troops he commands.

So it's gone from the President shouldn't have anything in his hands when saluting to he has nothing in his saluting hand so it's okay. Wow, I wonder what the difference is? Could it be his party? Nah! lol
Did you see the video of Obama walking right past a marine, then someone has to remind him to salute. He goes back and half ass salutes him. Acting like a baby.

If this what gets your blood pumping and boiling then who am I to stand in the way? Carry on with faux outrage.

Yeah, saluting us the main thing on the mind if the Oresudent if the Unuted States. Even Mudwhistle defended Obama on the other thread on this subject, and that almost makes it a cold day in hell.
Listen, when the CIC is shown the respect of a salute by men in uniform, he will return that salute in a proper manner no matter what else is on his "mind". We who have served find this to be one of his most repulsive insults to the Troops he commands.

I had officers not return salutes and give half assed salutes during Reagan when I served...It didn't bother me.. Why don't you petition Congress for an article 15?

A civilian president should not be saluting anyway

I have seen many an officer give a half-assed salute in return for an enlisted mans salute
Maybe it's just me, but if someone is willing to risk their own life for you, a little respect is not much to ask. The liberals hate our military, so this comes to no surprise.

Tempest over Obama's tea cup salute: Commander-in-chief sparks anger by saluting Marines with drink in his hand
  • President was exiting his Marine One helicopter after landing in New York City for speeches about global warming and fighting ISIS in Syria
  • Commander-in-chief is a military title that entitles Obama to a salute, and he's expected to return the gesture
  • On Tuesday he saluted two uniformed US Marines while holding a cup in his hand, a breach that won't win him fans among veterans or servicemen
  • Twitter erupted with the president's indignant detractors
  • The White House put a short video of his arrival in New York on its own Instagram page, creating a public gaffe that no photographer had shown

President Barack Obama saluted a pair of United States Marines on Tuesday while holding what appeared to be a styrofoam cup in his saluting hand, a breach of military regulations that won't win him fans among veterans and servicemen.

Obama is known for drinking tea, not coffee, when he travels, especially before delivering speeches.

His quasi-saluting gesture was an instant embarrassment for the White House, and not because his environmentally taboo drinkware clashed with the green-policy speech he was on his way to deliver at a UN Climate Summit.

1411516838039_wps_1_Americans_weren_t_amused_.jpg

1411505614316_wps_5_Americans_including_those.jpg

1411505608159_wps_4_JUDGMENT_With_no_news_pho.jpg

Read more: Tempest over Obama s tea cup salute Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

What an absolute disaster liberals are.
While his gesture was highly inappropriate, he really shouldn't have saluted at all. Despite holding the title, "Commander-in-Chief," a president is a civilian position and saluting is reserved for military. Even president Eisenhower, who achieved the notable rank of 5 star General while he served in the military, knew better than to salute once he became president.
A CIC is not required to salute. You are correct. No CIC did it until Reagan. It is more from a position of respect than from a position of protocol.

Saluting is NOT reserved just for the military. There, you are incorrect.
MILITARY COURTESY

Military courtesy is simply an application of common, everyday courtesy and common sense. The form of salutation and greeting for the civilian consists of raising the hat. The form of salutation for the military man consists of rendering the military salute.
Well, now Starbucks is the new precedence.

So it's gone from the President shouldn't have anything in his hands when saluting to he has nothing in his saluting hand so it's okay. Wow, I wonder what the difference is? Could it be his party? Nah! lol
Did you see the video of Obama walking right past a marine, then someone has to remind him to salute. He goes back and half ass salutes him. Acting like a baby.

If this what gets your blood pumping and boiling then who am I to stand in the way? Carry on with faux outrage.
No blood boiling here just showing how Obama dislikes our great soldiers.

I had officers not return salutes and give half assed salutes during Reagan when I served...It didn't bother me.. Why don't you petition Congress for an article 15?

I can only imagine what kind of "soldier" you were, Bart. :alcoholic:

Forum List

Back