Ten Gun Myths and Memes-- Shot Down

REALLY???

50f9168f15efe.preview-300.jpg

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

WHO MUST REGISTER

Almost all male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service. It's important to know that even though he is registered, a man will not automatically be inducted into the military. In a crisis requiring a draft, men would be called in sequence determined by random lottery number and year of birth. Then, they would be examined for mental, physical and moral fitness by the military before being deferred or exempted from military service or inducted into the Armed Forces.

Selective service dumb ass is not the militia Lokk at the fucking age requirement.

The militia
17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age
Selective service
18 through 25

Unorganized
Has no age limitaion.
Plus your weapon is supplied by you the citizen, you don't supply your weapon while in the nation guard of regular service military.

Did you or did you not register with the Selective Service? That is 'answering too federal or state authority'

The 'unorganized militia' is the domain of the Timothy McVeighs of the world. I am not at all surprised a scum bag like you grazes in that herd.

Militia Mythology

With the rise of the "Militia Movement", a once-arcane topic of military structure has suddenly become a controversial subject. People are being told that they are members of a defense organization they've never heard about. Private quasi-armies are said to be as much a part of the Constitution as free speech or jury trials, and armed parading as much a right as having a parade. Unfortunately for the proponents of this cause, its tenets are utterly without support.

To start, I refer any "militia" supporters to the actual text of the Constitution, article I, section 8, which states:

The Congress shall have power: ...
To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
(emphasis added)

I do not know of any these "militia"s which recognizes the State's authority to appoint its officers and the authority of Congress with regard to *anything* affecting it. They are no militia in the Constitutional sense, and are much closer to the sort of "insurrections" that the real militia was designed to be called out against.

The resurrection of the concept of the militia in modern times has very little little to do with the defense duties in the original concept, and everything to do with the politics of gun control. It is not the purpose of this article to argue regarding an individual right of gun possession. That is far beyond the intended scope. What I say to the more level-headed people concerned with gun rights is to distance themselves from the Soldier-Of-Fortune fantasizers as much as possible. Such thugs have zero Constitutional justification, are real close to the legal line if not over it, and will do legitimate gun-rights far more harm than good by convincing people by abject demonstration that the debate is really about paramilitary gangs which accept no civilian authority but themselves.

Selective service is not the militia, because the militia is required to have their own firearms.

Last edited:
I'll say it again. This country had no standing army in the 1700's. They called up the militia to fight indians, French, British, and the Whiskey Rebellion. Militia duty was mandatory, and each member had to bring his own gun. The second ammnedment simply said that the government was not going to ban militia weapons, because citizens were expected to usem their own, in defence of the nation.

I will say it again, spouting idiocy like this makes no more sense than arguing that, since there were no TVs, radios, or computers in the 1700s, the 1st Amendment does not apply to TV, radio, or blogs.

The 2nd Amendment clearly states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

I'll say it again. This country had no standing army in the 1700's. They called up the militia to fight indians, French, British, and the Whiskey Rebellion. Militia duty was mandatory, and each member had to bring his own gun. The second ammnedment simply said that the government was not going to ban militia weapons, because citizens were expected to usem their own, in defence of the nation.

Change that from was not too can not.

"The 2nd Amendment clearly states that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. "

Damn! I could have sworn that the above sentence was predicated with words about a "well ordered militia" being necessary

she is dead

Then I guess you will have to put some big boy pants on and look it up yourself.

ok, so i checked with my aunt. she said she never had to register for selective service

My God, I even gave you the link.

I guess I have to copy and paste from the Selective Service Government site...

WHO MUST REGISTER

Almost all male U.S. citizens, and male aliens living in the U.S., who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service. It's important to know that even though he is registered, a man will not automatically be inducted into the military. In a crisis requiring a draft, men would be called in sequence determined by random lottery number and year of birth. Then, they would be examined for mental, physical and moral fitness by the military before being deferred or exempted from military service or inducted into the Armed Forces.

Then I guess you will have to put some big boy pants on and look it up yourself.

ok, so i checked with my aunt. she said she never had to register for selective service

My God, I even gave you the link.

I guess I have to copy and paste from the Selective Service Government site...

WHO MUST REGISTER

Selective service is not the militia dumb ass.

Until SCOTUS decides to change its mind on it being legal to forcefully sterilize the citizenry, any appeal to SCOTUS to justify denying the rights or liberties of the People immediately disqualifies you intelligent discussion on the meaning of the rights protected by COTUS

Were you born with a pea for a brain, or was it years of indoctrination?

I guess our founding fathers who wrote the Constitution, and set up three equal branches of government were just a bunch of retards.
You seriously believe such a system still exists in the U.S.?

Have you been paying attention since 1862?

Well guess what I just happen to be that.

10 USC § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Ah, a pea brain trying to sound smart...what 'the unorganized militia' means is you are draft eligible. WHERE do our founding fathers grant the right to bear arms to an unorganized militia?

10 USC § 311 - Organized (Regulated) vs Unorganized (Unregulated) Militias
Under 10 USC § 311 the militia is defined by,
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

It is generally accepted that the unorganized federal militia represents all draft eligible individuals who can be called upon by the federal government to defend the country when necessary.

Under the modern definition of a regulated militia, there is nothing in the Second Amendment that explicitly allows people not in a federally regulated militia to keep and bear arms. If individual states allow locals to own guns it is not a “constitutional right”. It is a state granted privilege and therefore subject to both state and federal regulation through interstate commerce laws.

Bull shit dumb ass

The unorganized militia doesn't answer too any federal or state authority, they answer too the people.

Legally, it answers to the president, once summoned...

I love the people citing the FF, who think themsleves republicans and lovers of liberty, who defend mandatory conscription....

I love listening to gun nuts talking about their guns. 99.99% of them would never even try to shoot someone, or even have the chance as most every crime happens so quickly you can not react.

Ten Gun Myths Shot Down in a Hail of • • • bullets :D

• Myth #1: They're coming for your guns.
Fact-check: No one knows the exact number of guns in America, but it's clear there's no practical way to round them all up (never mind that no one in Washington is proposing this). Yet if you fantasize about rifle-toting citizens facing down the government, you'll rest easy knowing that America's roughly 80 million gun owners already have the feds and cops outgunned by a factor of around 79 to 1. (chart)

• Myth #2: Guns don't kill people—people kill people.
Fact-check: People with more guns tend to kill more people—with guns. The states with the highest gun ownership rates have a gun murder rate 114% higher than those with the lowest gun ownership rates...

Myth #3: An armed society is a polite society.
Fact-check: Drivers who carry guns are 44% more likely than unarmed drivers to make obscene gestures at other motorists, and 77% more likely to follow them aggressively.
• Among Texans convicted of serious crimes, those with concealed-handgun licenses were sentenced for threatening someone with a firearm 4.8 times more than those without...​

• Myth #4: More good guys with guns can stop rampaging bad guys.
Fact-check: Mass shootings stopped by armed civilians in the past 30 years: 0
• Chances that a shooting at an ER involves guns taken from guards: 1 in 5.​

• Myth #5: Keeping a gun at home makes you safer.
Fact-check: Owning a gun has been linked to higher risks of homicide, suicide, and accidental death by gun.
• For every time a gun is used in self-defense in the home, there are 7 assaults or murders, 11 suicide attempts, and 4 accidents involving guns in or around a home...​

• Myth #6: Carrying a gun for self-defense makes you safer.
Fact-check: In 2011, nearly 10 times more people were shot and killed in arguments than by civilians trying to stop a crime.
• In one survey, nearly 1% of Americans reported using guns to defend themselves or their property. However, a closer look at their claims found that more than 50% involved using guns in an aggressive manner, such as escalating an argument.
• A Philadelphia study found that the odds of an assault victim being shot were 4.5 times greater if he carried a gun. His odds of being killed were 4.2 times greater.​

• Myth #7: Guns make women safer.
Fact-check: In 2010, nearly 6 times more women were shot by husbands, boyfriends, and ex-partners than murdered by male strangers...

• Myth #8: "Vicious, violent video games" deserve more blame than guns.
Fact-check: So said NRA executive vice president Wayne LaPierre after Newtown. So what's up with Japan?
(chart/resource in link - wont behave here)

• Myth #9: More and more Americans are becoming gun owners.
Fact-check: More guns are being sold, but they're owned by a shrinking portion of the population...
• Around 80% of gun owners are men. On average they own 7.9 guns each...​

• Myth #10: We don't need more gun laws—we just need to enforce the ones we have.
Fact-check: Weak laws and loopholes backed by the gun lobby make it easier to get guns illegally.
• Around 40% of all legal gun sales involve private sellers and don't require background checks. 40% of prison inmates who used guns in their crimes got them this way.
• An investigation found 62% of online gun sellers were willing to sell to buyers who said they couldn't pass a background check...​

Links for substantiation of all points, charts, further point narratives at the article link here.

Here's one of them pertaining to Myth 2, particularly illustrative:
ownership-death630.png

Also worth a look is this chart from one of the resources, listing the world's countries ranked by rate of gun ownership (i.e. how armed we are). Take a look at how far ahead we are.

Topic armed and dangerous, unlocked and loaded. Bring it on.

Can't argue with any of your points bro, but I can't help asking myself about the bigger picture in that it seems that the last decade has been like trying to cook up a new 'civil war'...I mean if you were trying to create a civil war it seems that all govs actions point to possibly that outcome being desirable and would serve many purposes imo.
Are we as a people 'beyond' the polarization needed to bring such a conflict?
Are we as a people as capable of fighting guerrilla style resistance as the Afghan people for example if we were in such a circumstance?
Corporate gov has in effect outlawed plants and for some that may only mean their reach to smoke a particular plant but for me it means they've said I'm not allowed to provide for my own needs by way of my garden and such an imposition goes to my very existence and is worth 'fighting' for imo.
I fight in the courts, but that doesn't mean it all ends there if such fundamental issues of ones ability to live is at stake.
If you are providing for your family the issues become all the more urgent.
Not taking a stand on the 'gun' issue really, just posing some relative questions to consider.
Thanks for the post btw, sorry some have tried to shoot you down for it.

I love listening to gun nuts talking about their guns. 99.99% of them would never even try to shoot someone, or even have the chance as most every crime happens so quickly you can not react.
87.3% of statistics are made up.

Tried to.....he ran too fast and my ammo was old.
New gun and I keep fresh ammo nowadays

:eusa_whistle:

Just itching to end a human life, huh?

It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape.
Thomas Jefferson

Until SCOTUS decides to change its mind on it being legal to forcefully sterilize the citizenry, any appeal to SCOTUS to justify denying the rights or liberties of the People immediately disqualifies you intelligent discussion on the meaning of the rights protected by COTUS

I guess our founding fathers who wrote the Constitution, and set up three equal branches of government were just a bunch of retards.

Ah, a pea brain trying to sound smart...what 'the unorganized militia' means is you are draft eligible. WHERE do our founding fathers grant the right to bear arms to an unorganized militia?

10 USC § 311 - Organized (Regulated) vs Unorganized (Unregulated) Militias
Under 10 USC § 311 the militia is defined by,

It is generally accepted that the unorganized federal militia represents all draft eligible individuals who can be called upon by the federal government to defend the country when necessary.

Under the modern definition of a regulated militia, there is nothing in the Second Amendment that explicitly allows people not in a federally regulated militia to keep and bear arms. If individual states allow locals to own guns it is not a “constitutional right”. It is a state granted privilege and therefore subject to both state and federal regulation through interstate commerce laws.

Bull shit dumb ass

The unorganized militia doesn't answer too any federal or state authority, they answer too the people.

I love the people citing the FF, who think themsleves republicans and lovers of liberty, who defend mandatory conscription....

I don't defend mandatory draft. But at one time it was mandatory to have a firearm

Bull shit dumb ass

I don't defend mandatory draft. But at one time it was mandatory to have a firearm

Those days are over, just like the fictitious militia you belong to.

Just itching to end a human life, huh?

It is more dangerous that even a guilty person should be punished without the forms of law than that he should escape.
Thomas Jefferson

After he held a gun to my (loved one's) head? Absolutely!
As soon as (said loved one) was out of harm's way I opened fire.
When his gun goes "bang" and yours goes "click", it's time to cut bait.

Those days are over, just like the fictitious militia you belong to.

Try again dumb ass

I have read Federalist 28. Have you? And if you did, do you even know what Hamilton is arguing for?
------
As a member of a National Guard militia, the 2nd Amendment is more of a civic duty than a personal right.

The Federalist Papers, Introduction and Notes by Charles R. Kesler

No. 28: Cases in which the Federal Government must use force. Equally plan in necessary opposition --- Employment of force controlled by Congress. IF CONGRESS PROVE UNFAITHFUL THERE IS ORIGINAL RIGHT OF SELF DEFENSE --- THE STATES SECURITY AGAINST FEDERAL USUPRATION-- Further security in the extent of territory and the resources of the country.

By all means, send every Federalist Paper Scholar a letter, telling them that you all disagree with their unanimous interpretation of Federalist No. 28.

There's no way you are a member of the National Guard. The majority of the National Guard will NOT obey an order to disarm the American people, we are more educated about what's going on than the citizenry itself.

Forum List

Back