Tennessee 5-year-old detained after firing handgun in school cafeteria

Who cares what color the kid is? Any parent that leaves a gun lying around for a 5 year old to grab and bring to school shouldn't have kids living with them.

Exactly. And I'll say it again, we've had 2 or 3 other threads about this same exact type of issue, a very young child getting ahold of a gun and shooting it. One I think seriously wounded his father, the other killed his mother. Race was never mentioned. Why is it suddenly brought up as an issue here? Hmmm.....I wonder.

And where have YOU been the last month or two, Missy? :eusa_eh:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

I notice the tenor of the discussion has changed once people realized the parents and kid are likely black. First it was "OMG! What terrible parents! They should be in jail!" Now it's "this isn't a racial issue."

See? It CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!

Well, it changed the discussion from what it should have been, i.e., responsible gun ownership, to something it isn't---a racial issue.

I don't see the benefit in that or what it proves. When the left does something like that, it's called race baiting. What is it called when the right does it?

I am curious as to who actually brought race into this thread. Any guesses?

See? It CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!

Well, it changed the discussion from what it should have been, i.e., responsible gun ownership, to something it isn't---a racial issue.

I don't see the benefit in that or what it proves. When the left does something like that, it's called race baiting. What is it called when the right does it?

I am curious as to who actually brought race into this thread. Any guesses?

It wasn't me. It was the person who posted statistics that showed the school was predominately black. Get a brain.

Exactly. And I'll say it again, we've had 2 or 3 other threads about this same exact type of issue, a very young child getting ahold of a gun and shooting it. One I think seriously wounded his father, the other killed his mother. Race was never mentioned. Why is it suddenly brought up as an issue here? Hmmm.....I wonder.

And where have YOU been the last month or two, Missy? :eusa_eh:

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Haven't you noticed this month's Theme among RWrs?

Who cares what color the kid is? Any parent that leaves a gun lying around for a 5 year old to grab and bring to school shouldn't have kids living with them.

And you'd prefer it if 5 year olds had nothing to defend themselves with?

If anything - children should have GREATER access to firearms. Most of them are, of course, physically inferior to an adult even in mediocre shape, so they need the deck stacked more in their favor.

Would YOU send your kid to school unarmed? Why would you want him to be killed?

Seems like it. This is really bizarre. The issue here is parents who leave a loaded weapon out so a child of 5 can get a hold of it and take it to school. Also, if they have guns in the house, why aren't they teaching their child how dangerous it is? This thread is about responsible gun ownership and nothing else.

I think when we see more information about the parents and their pictures you will better understand this incident.

Their pictures? :eusa_eh:

Once the parents are identified, don't you think one of the news outlets find pictures of them?

How do you know that's what happened?

You're right, I don't know that's what happened. I suppose the kid could have found the gun outside or took it from another kid who found it at home. Someone had to be incredibly irresponsible at some point for a 5 year old to get their hands on a gun.

It matters when the link uses a white kid hold a gun when chances are it was a black kid.

It shouldn't matter but the media seems to think it does unless the defendant is black.

It is not the same for kids today as it was for you and me

A five year old has to deal with kids pushing him on the playground, stealing his lunch money. Hey, he may even run into a black kid

Packing heat makes sense
The kid with the gun chance are he was black. 87.2% chance.

Well then.....THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!

OH I see you just over looked what left winger said. Well explain why that news source used the image of a white kid when that school has 87.2% blacks enrolled?

It matters when the link uses a white kid hold a gun when chances are it was a black kid.

Sorry, but are you suggesting white parents don't want their children to be able to defend themselves?

Are you suggesting that the media isn't playing the race card game, by using a image of a white kid, when in fact 87.2% OF THOSE KIDS ARE BLACK AT THAT SCHOOL?

Last edited:

Sorry, but are you suggesting white parents don't want their children to be able to defend themselves?

Are you suggesting that the media isn't playing the race card game, by using a image of a white kid, when in fact 87.2% OF THOSE KIDS ARE BLACK AT THAT SCHOOL?

Is that all you care about, the color of someone's skin?

The media reaction to the Zimmerman case and how the public fed into it was my line in the sand.
You only care when the victim is black and the defendant is white you're no different than the media.

If anything - children should have GREATER access to firearms. Most of them are, of course, physically inferior to an adult even in mediocre shape, so they need the deck stacked more in their favor.

No 5 year old should be bringing a gun to school for ANY reason. You worry about your kid, you go to school with him, or you keep him home and home school him, but you don't give him a gun. He's 5 years old for crying out loud.

It is all the left cares about, so much so they are still calling a Hispanic white.

No 5 year old should be bringing a gun to school for ANY reason. You worry about your kid, you go to school with him, or you keep him home and home school him, but you don't give him a gun. He's 5 years old for crying out loud.

He's 5 years old so he doesn't have a right to defend himself?

BS

Forum List

Back