Tennessee 5-year-old detained after firing handgun in school cafeteria

Can we please, please, please arrest these parents and get the kid in foster care before it's too late??

A 5-year-old kindergartener has reportedly been detained at a school in Tennessee after a handgun discharged in the cafeteria.

Shawn Pachucki with Shelby County Schools told WMCT that police were called to Westside Elementary School following a gunshot that happened in the cafeteria at around 7:30 a.m. Pachucki said that the child brought the gun to school in a backpack and it accidentally discharged.

“This morning at Westside Elementary School, a Kindergarten student brought a firearm to school in his backpack,” a statement from Shelby County Schools said. “While waiting for the opening bell in the cafeteria, the firearm discharged accidentally inside the child’s backpack. Nobody was injured, and staff immediately took possession of the backpack.”

The statement added: “SCS Security and the Memphis Police Department responded quickly, and the matter is now under investigation. There is no evidence at this time of harmful intent; however, weapons of any kind are prohibited on campuses, and this student will be disciplined in accordance with the state’s zero tolerance policy.”

Reports said that the child was being held inside the principal’s office.

Why are his parents names and pictures up on the news so they can be publicly shamed as the worst parents ever?

Shelby County is Memphis. When children like this bring weapons to school, there has usually been a threat and they are trying to protect themselves because the school will not.

How many kids in Chicago schools were found with drug paraphernalia? And no word from the Left about that.
Democrats are the biggest fucking hypocrites to walk the planet.

This happened in TN, Shelby County. Memphis. Run the demographics.

How many kids in Chicago schools were found with drug paraphernalia? And no word from the Left about that.

I live in middle TN. Shelby Co is majority black. Memphis is mostly black. It is a cinch the child was black.
My question is why does anyone particularly care at all, given all the other things that happen in this country every day?

I live in middle TN. Shelby Co is majority black. Memphis is mostly black. It is a cinch the child was black.
My question is why does anyone particularly care at all, given all the other things that happen in this country every day?

I used to work in 2 TN prisons. Most of the prisoners we got in the receiving facility were from Shelby County. I heard when I was there that Memphis had to change an ordinance to allow policemen to be hired from outside the city because they couldn't find enough without a criminal record to staff a police force.

Can we please, please, please arrest these parents and get the kid in foster care before it's too late??

Why are his parents names and pictures up on the news so they can be publicly shamed as the worst parents ever?

an idiot left wingnut in her typical hysteria.

she would jail the parents for something the kid did ( and what should be punished, but not by jailing, you idiot) and put the child in foster care :cuckoo:

to grow up a criminal. :rolleyes:

The parents made the gun available to the kid.

you don't know that - first.

so - second - it is still not the reason to put the parents in prison

Incredible that anyone would not condemn this.

A five year old, opens fire in a school cafeteria and there are actually some here who seem to be making excuses.

Next, someone will say the kid was a member of Arpaio's "posse" and was on the job, protecting the school.

that's a LIE

A 5-year-old kindergartener has reportedly been detained at a school in Tennessee after a handgun discharged in the cafeteria.

Shawn Pachucki with Shelby County Schools told WMCT that police were called to Westside Elementary School following a gunshot that happened in the cafeteria at around 7:30 a.m. Pachucki said that the child brought the gun to school in a backpack and it accidentally discharged.

“This morning at Westside Elementary School, a Kindergarten student brought a firearm to school in his backpack,” a statement from Shelby County Schools said. “While waiting for the opening bell in the cafeteria, the firearm discharged accidentally inside the child’s backpack. Nobody was injured, and staff immediately took possession of the backpack.”

The statement added: “SCS Security and the Memphis Police Department responded quickly, and the matter is now under investigation. There is no evidence at this time of harmful intent; however, weapons of any kind are prohibited on campuses, and this student will be disciplined in accordance with the state’s zero tolerance policy.”

Looks like you just did.

I used to work in 2 TN prisons. Most of the prisoners we got in the receiving facility were from Shelby County. I heard when I was there that Memphis had to change an ordinance to allow policemen to be hired from outside the city because they couldn't find enough without a criminal record to staff a police force.

Everything in Memphis is race. It is one of the most racially divided and corrupt cities in America. It is a mini Detroit on the banks of the Mississippi.

Everything in Memphis is race. It is one of the most racially divided and corrupt cities in America. It is a mini Detroit on the banks of the Mississippi.

I know. I've been there a few times.

Hmm, what happened to all the lib outrage?

It turned to crickets.

Parents are responsible for their children, and a 5 year old with a firearm rates somebody taking some heat. The kid ought to get some slack cut to him, what does a 5 year old know from dangerous?

It turned to crickets.

Parents are responsible for their children, and a 5 year old with a firearm rates somebody taking some heat. The kid ought to get some slack cut to him, what does a 5 year old know from dangerous?

There is a possibility that the parents and child are black. And therefore, liberal democrats. LOL

It turned to crickets.

There is a possibility that the parents and child are black. And therefore, liberal democrats. LOL

I say if you cannot stand the political heat stay out of the kitchen.

It turned to crickets.

I say if you cannot stand the political heat stay out of the kitchen.

Well the libs are not going to take this one on without knowing the race of the child. It would be an albatross for them.

No charges after gun goes off in Tenn. school

No charges have been filed against a Tennessee kindergartner or his mother after a gun discharged inside the child's backpack in a school cafeteria, but the shooting has led to metal-detecting wands being provided to the district's elementary schools, officials said Friday.

<<<

Sounds like a single mom, raises the odds the child is black. What was she doing with a gun in her closet where could get at it anyway? And why were they released with no charges filed?

No charges after gun goes off in Tenn. school

No charges have been filed against a Tennessee kindergartner or his mother after a gun discharged inside the child's backpack in a school cafeteria, but the shooting has led to metal-detecting wands being provided to the district's elementary schools, officials said Friday.

<<<

Sounds like a single mom, raises the odds the child is black. What was she doing with a gun in her closet where could get at it anyway? And why were they released with no charges filed?

Likely the same reason li'l Trayvon was not charged for theft.

Because I seriously doubt they are the worst parents ever does there need to be a investigation into this without a doubt yes to label them the worst parents ever way over the top.

Forum List

Back