Tennessee 5-year-old detained after firing handgun in school cafeteria

It is not the same for kids today as it was for you and me

A five year old has to deal with kids pushing him on the playground, stealing his lunch money. Hey, he may even run into a black kid

Packing heat makes sense
The kid with the gun chance are he was black. 87.2% chance.

You have a point somewhere?

Did you have a point in your post? After all you did say
he may even run into a black kid
So don't cry foul now move on and shut the fuck up.

Why are his parents names and pictures up on the news so they can be publicly shamed as the worst parents ever?

Why? For teaching their children to carry proper protection from criminals that would do them harm?

Clearly the police cannot stop things like the Connecticut shooting from happening, and the stupid liberals are unwilling to put firearms in the hands of the teachers - so if you're a reasonable parent who wants his child to be protected from the Adam Lanzas of the world -you can either be their 24/7 body guard, or you can arm them.

The fact it accidentally discharged is unfortunate, but those kinds of accidents are the price we pay to live in a safe world. I can assure you, far more children die in car accidents than are killed by accidental firearm discharges, so its nothing to worry about.

We need more info on this. Was the 5 year old in a well organized militia?

No, but apparently this is now a racial issue. The parents are bad parents because they are black; at least that seems to be the implication of posting the information that this school is a predominantly black school. Of course, white parents are never irresponsble gun owners. :lame2:

I notice the tenor of the discussion has changed once people realized the parents and kid are likely black. First it was "OMG! What terrible parents! They should be in jail!" Now it's "this isn't a racial issue."

No, but apparently this is now a racial issue. The parents are bad parents because they are black; at least that seems to be the implication of posting the information that this school is a predominantly black school. Of course, white parents are never irresponsble gun owners. :lame2:

I notice the tenor of the discussion has changed once people realized the parents and kid are likely black. First it was "OMG! What terrible parents! They should be in jail!" Now it's "this isn't a racial issue."

Well without fixing the problem we'll just continue on just like we are. The only time it's ok to address crime and race is when the accused is white. any other time race is not a factor.

Maybe when we get past this PC bull shit and start Identifying race we can finally fix the problem.

Well without fixing the problem we'll just continue on just like we are. The only time it's ok to address crime and race is when the accused is white. any other time race is not a factor.

Maybe when we get past this PC bull shit and start Identifying race we can finally fix the problem.

Or better yet quit talking about race.

Or better yet quit talking about race.

That works for me but you know that's never going to happen.
White is fine to discuss race black is not.

So...no comments about the topic of this thread?

I did make a comment or can't you read? Just because I didn't say what you wanted me to say, doesn't mean I didn't comment on the thread and even its intent.. you just don't like what I fucking said.. Did you get your ticket to Russia yet? Have the Olympics been moved yet?

What I saw was a comment about the parents of the perps in OK and the perps who killed the vet. I see nothing from you about the boy with the gun NOR his parents. Or did I miss another post of yours on this thread? If so, I apologize.......but I'm gonna go back and check anyways.

Nope....nothing about the 5 year old, the gun, nor his parents in your post I replied to. Hmmmmm. Did a mod or you delete a post of yours about the 5 year old or his parents?

you do realize the irony of your posts....right?

Who cares what color the kid is? Any parent that leaves a gun lying around for a 5 year old to grab and bring to school shouldn't have kids living with them.

I like your white flag of defeat and your acknowledgement you lost the argument :D

Well, you can certainly tell yourself that is the case. And then pat yourself on the back for an awesome job on the Interwebz. :D

No, I am talking strictly about you. You do not have any other methods to defend your deflection, so you change the subject.
Nothing new under the sun- typical libtadd tactic.

I'm still on this five year old boy with a loaded gun in school. And you?

Before I head to the next thread, I'd just like to verify that nobody intends to actually address the situation involving the armed 5 y/o. Is that correct?

Seems like it. This is really bizarre. The issue here is parents who leave a loaded weapon out so a child of 5 can get a hold of it and take it to school. Also, if they have guns in the house, why aren't they teaching their child how dangerous it is? This thread is about responsible gun ownership and nothing else.

I think when we see more information about the parents and their pictures you will better understand this incident.

Their pictures? :eusa_eh:

And that's what makes it a non-issue.
Thanks for playing, Ming. Now go run in traffic.

Another one who says that a 5 year old bringing a loaded gun to school and it going off is a non-issue.

OK, if it isn't a non issue what do you propose to do about it? You've already said nothing. So what is the issue, exactly, Ming?

I've said lots....like: investigate where the gun came from.

Perhaps you missed that?

Who cares what color the kid is? Any parent that leaves a gun lying around for a 5 year old to grab and bring to school shouldn't have kids living with them.

Exactly. And I'll say it again, we've had 2 or 3 other threads about this same exact type of issue, a very young child getting ahold of a gun and shooting it. One I think seriously wounded his father, the other killed his mother. Race was never mentioned. Why is it suddenly brought up as an issue here? Hmmm.....I wonder.

Incredible that anyone would not condemn this.

A five year old, opens fire in a school cafeteria and there are actually some here who seem to be making excuses.

Next, someone will say the kid was a member of Arpaio's "posse" and was on the job, protecting the school.

It's a "non-issue", Luddly. Get with the program.

Now you are beginning to get it. Do you doubt that this child may need protection going to and from school?

A five year old has to deal with kids pushing him on the playground, stealing his lunch money. Hey, he may even run into a black kid

Packing heat makes sense

Well then.....THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!

See? It CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!

Exactly. And I'll say it again, we've had 2 or 3 other threads about this same exact type of issue, a very young child getting ahold of a gun and shooting it. One I think seriously wounded his father, the other killed his mother. Race was never mentioned. Why is it suddenly brought up as an issue here? Hmmm.....I wonder.

And where have YOU been the last month or two, Missy? :eusa_eh:

Now you are beginning to get it. Do you doubt that this child may need protection going to and from school?

Packing heat makes sense

87.2% ????

You are aware that 71.3% of statistics reported on message boards are made up on the spot aren't you?

See? It CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!!

Well, it changed the discussion from what it should have been, i.e., responsible gun ownership, to something it isn't---a racial issue. NO ONE has suggested in ay way that this be excused in some way because the parents may be black. No one.

I don't see the benefit in that or what it proves. When the left does something like that, it's called race baiting. What is it called when the right does it?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back