Tennessee Abortion Measures

SaxxyBlues

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2016
TN abortion bill

Will the state provide any measures to transition? Should the state provide IUD's in public health clinics, and get word out to the public? Should the state initiate a birth control campaign? Any advice on how to transition from having a constitutional right to a state dictated law? Should the Governor address Tennessee after signing the bill into law? With the strict law is TN saying I control your body, but birth contol is left up to the individual? Is birth control where the state gets out of your life? I mean they are bringing down restricting laws, why not include IUD's? Personally I hope ACLU and Planned Parenthood beat this bill in court. TN doesn't know where to get on or where to get off.

Don't mean to sound like a prude, but I recommend girls and women keep their pants on if they do not wish to be pregnant and have no way to support a child if the do not, as it is the only way to avoid a pregnant situation. That said, it ain't going to happen. I am just a common sense kind of guy. Don't really care about the abortion issue in general. I am a Christian and I still do not care about the abortion issue. You can think what you may, but it is between me and the Lord, so kiss off before you start.

Transition huh? Doubt there will be a transition. Next, or actually before, these Heartbeat Abortion bills are not new. Lots of states have passed one, probably most of the red states out there as it is a hallmark of red state legislatures proving the are conservative(?) about something and pregnant women are an easy mark, that score big with the religious right in general.
"In 2013, North Dakota became the first state to pass a heartbeat law. In 2015, the law was ruled unconstitutional under the precedent set by the 1973 U.S. Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade. Several states proposed heartbeat bills in 2018 and 2019; in 2019, such bills passed in Ohio, Georgia, Louisiana, and Missouri. Heartbeat laws in Iowa, Kentucky and Mississippi were invalidated by courts.[4] According to CNN, heartbeat bills "may be unenforceable [under Roe]. But abortion opponents are hoping that [legal challenges] will serve as a vehicle for the Supreme Court to eventually overturn the Roe ruling."[5]"
1593139457473.png

No way to tell how this is going to work out. Nobody's has one that worked out (to my knowledge), yet. We have good lawyers in Tennessee and they love to argue, after all we are the state of the "Scopes Monkey Trial" which won a whole $100.00 judgement against the teacher, teaching Darwinism as a theory. Of course, that was overruled by the Tennessee Supreme Court, not to mention later affirmation by the US Supreme Court in a totally different case. This Heartbeat bill will be decided by the courts, not the legislature. You can pass anything you want in an election year, just to spend millions sorting it out in the off years.

Last edited:
TN abortion bill

Will the state provide any measures to transition? Should the state provide IUD's in public health clinics, and get word out to the public? Should the state initiate a birth control campaign? Any advice on how to transition from having a constitutional right to a state dictated law? Should the Governor address Tennessee after signing the bill into law? With the strict law is TN saying I control your body, but birth contol is left up to the individual? Is birth control where the state gets out of your life? I mean they are bringing down restricting laws, why not include IUD's? Personally I hope ACLU and Planned Parenthood beat this bill in court. TN doesn't know where to get on or where to get off.

I couldn't read it all, it was just to sickening.

That law won't even allow a person to terminate a down syndrome pregnancy. Wow. So someone who finds out they have a Down syndrome pregnancy will have to go to another state to terminate the pregnancy if that's what they want.

I'm sure there's something in that legislation that helps women with pre and post natal health care and health care for the child. I'm sure there are good provisions to hold the man responsible for every pregnancy they cause.

LOL, I was only kidding. Of course there's nothing to actually help women and children and nothing that holds men responsible for the pregnancies they cause.

If I lived in Tennessee, I would quickly pack up and move to a responsible, mature state that lives in the 21st century. Which isn't anywhere in the south. I feel so sorry for the women of Tennessee and states like that one.

I sure hope that it's challenged in court.

Don't mean to sound like a prude, but I recommend girls and women keep their pants on if they do not wish to be pregnant and have no way to support a child if the do not, as it is the only way to avoid a pregnant situation.
Amen to this. But if they still can't stay out of other people's beds, there is this thing called a tubal ligation. Is there any special reason why they don't happen more often over being a baby killer instead?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

TN abortion bill

That law won't even allow a person to terminate a down syndrome pregnancy. Wow. So someone who finds out they have a Down syndrome pregnancy will have to go to another state to terminate the pregnancy if that's what they want.

I'm sure there's something in that legislation that helps women with pre and post natal health care and health care for the child. I'm sure there are good provisions to hold the man responsible for every pregnancy they cause.

LOL, I was only kidding. Of course there's nothing to actually help women and children and nothing that holds men responsible for the pregnancies they cause.

If I lived in Tennessee, I would quickly pack up and move to a responsible, mature state that lives in the 21st century. Which isn't anywhere in the south. I feel so sorry for the women of Tennessee and states like that one.

It will be – that’s the point.

Conservatives enact these un-Constitutional measures in bad faith to provoke a legal challenge while pandering to their political base.

TN abortion bill

So, children with Down's don't have any rights?

What other ailments or afflictions cane we use to deny human and / or Constitutional rights?

TN abortion bill

What other ailments or afflictions cane we use to deny human and / or Constitutional rights?

They are not children
TN abortion bill

TN abortion bill

TN abortion bill

Embryos don't have constitutional rights

On April 1, 2004, President Bush signed into law the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, also known as "Laci and Conner's Law" and the Unborn Fetus Protection Act. It states that any "child in utero" is considered to be a legal victim if injured or killed during the commission of a federal crime of violence. The definition given of "child in utero" is "a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."

On April 1, 2004, President Bush signed into law the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, also known as "Laci and Conner's Law" and the Unborn Fetus Protection Act. It states that any "child in utero" is considered to be a legal victim if injured or killed during the commission of a federal crime of violence. The definition given of "child in utero" is "a member of the species homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."
Yes that's used in criminal law. Abortion is not criminal. I appreciate your thoughts but you have an apple and an orange. All the stink over a woman emptying the contents of her uterus. People picking through the contents to make moral judgements. Unreal.

Yes that's used in criminal law. Abortion is not criminal. I appreciate your thoughts but you have an apple and an orange. All the stink over a woman emptying the contents of her uterus. People picking through the contents to make moral judgements. Unreal.

Did I say that abortions have already been criminalized?

I didn't. Did I.

I didn't. Did I.
Then what is your point? You cited criminal law as if applied to elective abortion. I don't get your point.

I didn't. Did I.
Then what is your point? You cited criminal law as if applied to elective abortion. I don't get your point.
Short attention span. Noted.

The cite supports my claim that a child (even in the fetal stage of life) is already LEGALLY and biologically recognized as a CHILD.

Your incessant whining to the contrary not withstanding.

Last edited:

I didn't. Did I.

The cite supports my claim that a child (even in the fetal stage of life) is already LEGALLY and biologically recognized as a CHILD.

Hey I opened this thread to get help from the state once the bill is signed. It's you that drags the life, death issue into the picture. Do us all a favor and preach it somewhere else.

Is Tennessee going to offer IUD's ? Will the state address the people about the new law? How will TN enact the new law? Will the state pay for care and delivery?

I didn't. Did I.

Hey I opened this thread to get help from the state once the bill is signed. It's you that drags the life, death issue into the picture. Do us all a favor and preach it somewhere else.

Scroll back.

I responded to Dana.

You jumped in and got schooled in your own thread.

That's on you.

Forum List

Back