🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Tennessee Apparently Passes Law Allowing Drivers To Run Over Protesters

[

In the specific scenario where self defense is exculpating for criminal law? Or broader. Cuz this is presented like carte blanche for running over protesters.

The legislators specifically stated that this does not shield a driver from criminal prosecution, hence the the act must be justifiable under criminal law for this to have any effect.

If a person is in prison for vehicular assault or manslaughter, the civil case is the least of their worries.

Security isn't a premeditated function. The level of security depends on the actions of an aggressor and his ability to do great harm. The options open to such a person depends on the location where the protestors are blocking the road. In the city a protest could be up close and personal but you don't generally become a target for violence unless you become violent yourself. Calling in the cops and waiting for them to arrive would be the best decision. If you start driving over people and you get shot, I have no sympathy for you!

This is my final post on this matter. I don't feel that my pro-life stance is welcome here!

You advocated laying in wait and then shooting a driver who did not slow when a mob of protestors stepped in front of their vehicle on a highway or a freeway.

Such an act is premeditated homicide. If you do this, you will be charged.

Is ending the Constitution in order to give Soros unlimited power worth spending the rest of your life in prison over?
The protestors are already standing in the road way. They don't have to step in front of the driver. And there has to be a precedent to settle this once and for all. Lets find it!

[

In the specific scenario where self defense is exculpating for criminal law? Or broader. Cuz this is presented like carte blanche for running over protesters.

The legislators specifically stated that this does not shield a driver from criminal prosecution, hence the the act must be justifiable under criminal law for this to have any effect.

If a person is in prison for vehicular assault or manslaughter, the civil case is the least of their worries.

I was in fear of my life.
That pretty much covers it.

[

I think North Dakota just did that too. About the pipeline.

Tell us, why does a blatant contravention of the First Amendment's guarantee of the Right to Assemble "make you happy"?

Even you aren't this dumb, Huffer. You are this partisan.

Peaceably assemble. When you block traffic, you are assaulting drivers through the threat of restricting their ability to escape.Same reason that anti-abortion protestors cannot block the entrance to abortion mills. I get that you have WAY different standards depending on which side is offending, but really...
Assaulting drivers through the threat of restricting their ability to escape.

Sounds tortured, lol

You surround my truck yelling and screaming profanities I'm gonna punch it.
You'd better check the rearview mirror before you do. Your rear bumper might be chained to a tree or something.

With a truck that weighs 5700 lbs has 400 horsepower and 400 ft. lbs. of torque it better be a damn strong chain,because when it snaps it's gonna fuck up a lot of protesters.
My husband said my Mercedes station wagon weighs about 3,000 lbs. I thought it weighed 4,000 lbs. I need to correct myself on that one. But my engine is very powerful the car is a very heavy car and has a lot of power to it. It's a tank. I bought it because it was so solid and dependable. I was going to get a Range Rover but decided I liked the wagon better. Next time I'll get a Range Rover with one of them deer bumper guards on the front. I'm going to buy me a bumper sticker that says I do not stop for protesters. They cannot say they were not warned.

[

See, that there is the slippery slope.

Security isn't a premeditated function. The level of security depends on the actions of an aggressor and his ability to do great harm. The options open to such a person depends on the location where the protestors are blocking the road. In the city a protest could be up close and personal but you don't generally become a target for violence unless you become violent yourself. Calling in the cops and waiting for them to arrive would be the best decision. If you start driving over people and you get shot, I have no sympathy for you!

This is my final post on this matter. I don't feel that my pro-life stance is welcome here!

You advocated laying in wait and then shooting a driver who did not slow when a mob of protestors stepped in front of their vehicle on a highway or a freeway.

Is ending the Constitution in order to give Soros unlimited power worth spending the rest of your life in prison over?
The protestors are already standing in the road way. They don't have to step in front of the driver. And there has to be a precedent to settle this once and for all. Lets find it!
I do not care about precedent. I'm from Georgia and if you get in front of my vehicle and try to trap me with a mob of protesters, I'm plowing through! No if's, and's or but's about it. I'm going straight on. You have two options. You're going around my car or under it. Your choice.

I do not care about precedent. I'm from Georgia and if you get in front of my vehicle and try to trap me with a mob of protesters, I'm plowing through! No if's, and's or but's about it. I'm going straight on. You have two options. You're going around my car or under it. Your choice.
Q.e.d.

[

See, that there is the slippery slope.
He's not in Europe. He lives here in the USA. We don't have your problems. God save us from such a day. You people live like slaves.

Peaceably assemble. When you block traffic, you are assaulting drivers through the threat of restricting their ability to escape.Same reason that anti-abortion protestors cannot block the entrance to abortion mills. I get that you have WAY different standards depending on which side is offending, but really...

Sounds tortured, lol

You'd better check the rearview mirror before you do. Your rear bumper might be chained to a tree or something.

With a truck that weighs 5700 lbs has 400 horsepower and 400 ft. lbs. of torque it better be a damn strong chain,because when it snaps it's gonna fuck up a lot of protesters.
My husband said my Mercedes station wagon weighs about 3,000 lbs. I thought it weighed 4,000 lbs. I need to correct myself on that one. But my engine is very powerful the car is a very heavy car and has a lot of power to it. It's a tank. I bought it because it was so solid and dependable. I was going to get a Range Rover but decided I liked the wagon better. Next time I'll get a Range Rover with one of them deer bumper guards on the front. I'm going to buy me a bumper sticker that says I do not stop for protesters. They cannot say they were not warned.

Yeah,Mercedes are built like tanks.
The wife's 300 got rear ended by a Honda accord and it totaled the Accord while leaving the Benzs with minor bumper damage.

Why are some posters here rationalizing killing protesters? Why do they think it is altogether fitting and proper to run down their fellow Americans?

I heard similar 'thoughts' from Right Wing Establishment types after the Ohio National Guard killed four students at Kent State University in May of 1970.

Why are these people considering themselves to be Americans?

If I were to encounter road protesters I would slowly creep through the line.
If they started to pound on my truck and scream profanities all bets are off and I'm punching it.

I dont want to run anyone over but I also wont stand for my rights or my safety being compromised.

You wanna protest do it from the sidewalk,but dont block pedestrians in the process....the cops aren't likely to take your side,on the highway or off.

The BASTARD that punched that woman should have been arrested. Now he and those like him feel free to do it over and over again.

It's called jaywalking. If you're standing in the middle of the road and blocking me from my job-I will give you one stern warning...if you don't move-I'm driving.

Hw are you going to differentiate between protestors and shoppers?

Why are some posters here rationalizing killing protesters? Why do they think it is altogether fitting and proper to run down their fellow Americans?

I heard similar 'thoughts' from Right Wing Establishment types after the Ohio National Guard killed four students at Kent State University in May of 1970.

Why are these people considering themselves to be Americans?

If I were to encounter road protesters I would slowly creep through the line.
If they started to pound on my truck and scream profanities all bets are off and I'm punching it.

I dont want to run anyone over but I also wont stand for my rights or my safety being compromised.

You wanna protest do it from the sidewalk,but dont block pedestrians in the process....the cops aren't likely to take your side,on the highway or off.

The BASTARD that punched that woman should have been arrested. Now he and those like him feel free to do it over and over again.

I normally dont condone striking a woman but in this situation she deserved it.
She not only punched him she spit on him.
You want equal rights? You got em.
Apparently the cop agreed.

Shoppers arent screaming profanities and standing in the middle of the road,they're walking through the intersection with shopping bags.

GUNZ.jpg

Sounds tortured, lol
Actually it sounds like a Muslim strategy. I hear the head of the New Black Panthers is a Muslim and the Muslims are joining the group now too. If this is their plan you can tell them there is a new president in the WH now. He's not black, he isn't a Muslim, and this isn't France. Pass the word.
Ah, it all makes sense now. You want to get carte blanche to kill ******* and muslims. FREEDOM
I knew that the communication lingo was a bit different between Europe and the USA but I didn't realize it was this different. That isn't what I meant at all. What I meant was that the tactics that your Muslim friends use in other parts of the world are now being suggested to the Black Panthers via their new leadership. It won't work here. This isn't France. Understand now?
I understand completely. Seek help.
I did. I voted for Trump. Life is good.

I don't condone blocking highways in protests unless the roadway is part of the site being protested. That being said, should a driver see a crowd standing on the roadway and intently uses his vehicle as a deadly weapon, the protestors would be wise to get out of the way and let him pass while firing rifes and shotguns point blank at his ass as he passes!

You're kidding right? The ones "protesting" are leftist loons that faint at the site of a poptart gun

Not all people on the left and not all protesters are anti-gun. ;)

You're severely outnumbered snowflake...and would be wise to remember that

I'm outnumbered by what? I get the feeling you are making assumptions about me that you have no good reason to. ;)

I've read your drivel...

You still haven't answered the question. What am I outnumbered by? I am neither a liberal nor a protester, which is what I mentioned before you made your outnumbered comment, so I'm curious what you think I am and am outnumbered by. ;)

Shoppers arent screaming profanities and standing in the middle of the road,they're walking through the intersection with shopping bags.
See how shallow your thinking is? You just assume all shoppers have just finished shopping ands are loaded down with bags instead of heading to their favorite store empty handed,
Besides, are you going to wait for all the shoppers to get out of the way before you "plow" though the crowd????

Sounds tortured, lol

Yeah,Mercedes are built like tanks.
The wife's 300 got rear ended by a Honda accord and it totaled the Accord while leaving the Benzs with minor bumper damage.
Yes, I have a 300 and I feel very safe in it. I'm not surprised the Accord was totaled. That was no match for a Benz. Your wife is in a great car. I plan on driving the wheels off of mine.

Forum List

Back