Terms 'Christmas' and 'Thanksgiving' banned at school

[
What does God have to do with Thanksgiving? Or a gold sticky star?
Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.

I'll believe Thanksgiving is a religious holiday when Maceys has a giant Jesus balloon.
Macey's did not define Thanksgiving Day, idjit, the Pilgrims and Abraham Lincoln did.

Maceys has pilgrims and turkeys. No Jesus.
Lol, not every Christian religious holiday is about Jesus, doofus.
That's because there was already late a fall festival of thanks that the native Americans had in the North East of the USA...

It's Orwell's dream, a little army of kids in lock step with no emotion and core beliefs that were issued by the government.

We're talking traditions as well. I think the more we embrace everyone's traditions the more hope we have for a better understanding of each other. Yes our countries are melting pots but one has to learn about each ingredient to properly cook our "dish" of multi cultural families uniting under one roof.

And schools should be the "kitchen". To be tolerant is to be well informed and understanding where other people come from. Traditions should be recognized and celebrated.

So you're in favor of the schools celebrating Ramadan?
Sure, why not? But if Christians, pagans, hindus, etc cannot celebrate, neither can muslims. Give and receive, receive and give. Tolerance goes two ways. However, with that said...I think schools need to keep their noses out of religion, period. ANY religion. But don't ban the words because it IS just words.
No merry xmas in school? No problem. But banning sticky stars and FOOD celebrations? Come on. *eye roll*

Nobody in the history of the world has been banned from saying Merry Christmas. Some businesses prefer their employees use more inclusive phrases,like happy holidays, but they also make them say things like "did you find everything you needed". They are free to say anything they want on their own time.
Lol, way to miss the point, stupid ass.

The struggle is against the cultural changes that corporate owned Media is implementing without the consent of the people WHO are still MAJORITY CHRISTIAN.

Dude, your senility is pretty bad, hate to see what your like when you hit 58.

Got it. You're an idiot who is afraid of giving up some of his advantages so others can enjoy equal rights.
If Christmas and it's trapping offend people so much they want it de-religionised and changed to suit them, perhaps they are living in the wrong country.

A Brooklyn principal is generating controversy for her removal of certain traditions at her school.

The New York Post reports that Eujin Kim of PS 169 has put an end to recitations of the Pledge of Allegiance as well as references to Santa Claus, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

In fact, the latter terms are being broadly referred to as "winter celebrations" and the "harvest festival," respectively.

These new policies were reportedly communicated to staff in a memo that referred to students' diverse families and that "not all children celebrate the same holidays."

PTA officials were also notified of the changes, and the president has said they include a ban on stars which can have a religious association.

Oy. What's next? A ban on breathing?

Child abuse sending a child to a public school.

My question is-----who is this EUJIN KIM person--------and who-da-hell does
she think she is?-----SHE DECIDED to void Christmas? and even thanks-giving?-----in Brooklyn, NY????????????????????? It is not clear to me
what sort of demographic she faces

Thanksgiving Day is the special day set aside to thank....GOD....for all the many blessings He has given us.

Now what does that have to do with God?

I do not understand your question.

I'll believe Thanksgiving is a religious holiday when Maceys has a giant Jesus balloon.
Macey's did not define Thanksgiving Day, idjit, the Pilgrims and Abraham Lincoln did.

That's because there was already late a fall festival of thanks that the native Americans had in the North East of the USA...

all the different native tribes had the same holiday?

The ones the Pilgrims got high with did...

A Brooklyn principal is generating controversy for her removal of certain traditions at her school.

The New York Post reports that Eujin Kim of PS 169 has put an end to recitations of the Pledge of Allegiance as well as references to Santa Claus, Christmas, and Thanksgiving.

In fact, the latter terms are being broadly referred to as "winter celebrations" and the "harvest festival," respectively.

These new policies were reportedly communicated to staff in a memo that referred to students' diverse families and that "not all children celebrate the same holidays."

PTA officials were also notified of the changes, and the president has said they include a ban on stars which can have a religious association.

she think she is?-----SHE DECIDED to void Christmas? and even thanks-giving?-----in Brooklyn, NY????????????????????? It is not clear to me
She's a leftist, and like all leftists they must dictate their bubble world views upon people living in the real world.

I hope easter does not go away---------I like jelly beans------and those giant
chocolate rabbits
It's the next best thing to a chocolate cross filled with truffles...

filled with truffles? watta waste. I like the choco eggs filled with gooey
stuff
Cadbury?

yeah------mmmmm.....yummy they are going to be banned?
Not that I know of...

The ones the Pilgrims got high with did...

mushrooms?

So you're in favor of the schools celebrating Ramadan?
Sure, why not? But if Christians, pagans, hindus, etc cannot celebrate, neither can muslims. Give and receive, receive and give. Tolerance goes two ways. However, with that said...I think schools need to keep their noses out of religion, period. ANY religion. But don't ban the words because it IS just words.
No merry xmas in school? No problem. But banning sticky stars and FOOD celebrations? Come on. *eye roll*

Nobody in the history of the world has been banned from saying Merry Christmas. Some businesses prefer their employees use more inclusive phrases,like happy holidays, but they also make them say things like "did you find everything you needed". They are free to say anything they want on their own time.

The struggle is against the cultural changes that corporate owned Media is implementing without the consent of the people WHO are still MAJORITY CHRISTIAN.

Got it. You're an idiot who is afraid of giving up some of his advantages so others can enjoy equal rights.
If Christmas and it's trapping offend people so much they want it de-religionised and changed to suit them, perhaps they are living in the wrong country.

So you want America to have an official religion?

image.jpeg

Id prefer it to stay just as it is, and I'd like all the pic cretins to stop changing it by stealth and by attacking Christianity at every opportunity. Happy Christmas.

Every child in an American school has the right NOT to celebrate traditional American holidays.

However, every American school receiving taxpayer funding should celebrate traditional American holidays, no question. If someone is offended, they can go to chaperoned study in the cafeteria.

Why not just keep religion at home?
Then take them off the calendar and go to work those days

Eujin Kim is the Principal of PS 169 who is a victim of unwarranted rightwing attacks in a bogus "War on Christmas"

She did not ban the Pledge of allegience, she did not ban Thanksgiving and is just fine with Santa and Rudolph

Id prefer it to stay just as it is, and I'd like all the pic cretins to stop changing it by stealth and by attacking Christianity at every opportunity. Happy Christmas.

Happy Christmas to you too. There is no war on Christmas.
waronxmas_500_363_269.jpg

Happy Christmas to you too. There is no war on Christmas.
waronxmas_500_363_269.jpg
Good. There shouldn't be.

Forum List

Back