Terrific speech by Netanyahu to Congress

Nope. The standing oh's that Congress gave Bibi would suggest otherwise.

Templar logic: The Republicans in Congress applauded Bibi, therefore most Americans want to go to war with Iran.

Such keen logical thinking explains why the Republicans can win some elections. Half of the population is, by definition, below average.
Please show me nywhere in Netanyahu's speech where he advocated going to war with Iran.

Totally agree. What he basically called for was 'containing' Iran, which is what Obama has called for. What Obama means though is 'contain' until he is out of office. What Netanyahu is calling for is keeping the sanctions in place that brought Iran to the table, then increasing them if their bad behaviors continue. That's containment.

The United States feels just as strongly about not letting Iran get the Bomb. Our two countries just have different ideas of how to achieve it.

What's more, it is not a foregone conclusion Iran would use the Bomb if they acquired one. We lived under the umbrella of a nuclear USSR, the world would not end with a nuclear Iran. Much of the pants-shitting over Iran is hyperbole.

The USSR did not ever say they would wipe us off of the face of the earth as Iran has threatened to do to Israel. They were tough, but they weren't bat shit crazy like the Iranian leaders are.

Bibi was awesome!

I have a huge crush on him - what a Real Leader!
I'm creeped out by that post. (-:

BFD.

I'd rather have a Real Man as our leader as opposed to an adolescent narcissist.

bibivbarry.JPG

annie-----you are preaching to the choir. ----they were saying that Netanyahu
was going to demand that the US fight Iran even before Netanyahu opened his
mouth------now they are stuck-----they have to continue to lie about it-----that is
how they function

what missiles? the ones they never test ? or the ones RW's dream about?
You think Iran isnt working on long range missiles Dunce!

Iran SAID they tested a missile capable of carrying a warhead in 2006 and had a range of 1200 miles... Iran SAID they would eliminate Israel ... Israel is still satnding.

Iran like RW's say a lot of shit, and nothing ever happens on either side of the fence ...

ever.
So the fact that they say it means it isnt true. And if they didnt say it it would also mean it isnt true.
Whee! Libs are bad at logic too!

a man enters a track meet everyone assumes he has feet ... he never runs a race, everyone still assumes he has feet ....
nd they assume that if he's there he intends to run a race at some point. Rightly.
WHat was your point, again?

my point is you're an idiot. 3 cards short of a deck, clueless about war games ie chest pounding by weaker countries.

Nope. The standing oh's that Congress gave Bibi would suggest otherwise.

Templar logic: The Republicans in Congress applauded Bibi, therefore most Americans want to go to war with Iran.

Such keen logical thinking explains why the Republicans can win some elections. Half of the population is, by definition, below average.
Please show me nywhere in Netanyahu's speech where he advocated going to war with Iran.

Totally agree. What he basically called for was 'containing' Iran, which is what Obama has called for. What Obama means though is 'contain' until he is out of office. What Netanyahu is calling for is keeping the sanctions in place that brought Iran to the table, then increasing them if their bad behaviors continue. That's containment.
Neither Obama nor Netanyahu can keep sanctions in place. Bibi needs to make his case to the EU.

Iran SAID they tested a missile capable of carrying a warhead in 2006 and had a range of 1200 miles... Iran SAID they would eliminate Israel ... Israel is still satnding.

Iran like RW's say a lot of shit, and nothing ever happens on either side of the fence ...

ever.
So the fact that they say it means it isnt true. And if they didnt say it it would also mean it isnt true.

a man enters a track meet everyone assumes he has feet ... he never runs a race, everyone still assumes he has feet ....
nd they assume that if he's there he intends to run a race at some point. Rightly.

my point is you're an idiot. 3 cards short of a deck, clueless about war games ie chest pounding by weaker countries.

Iran is a weak country?????? since when? it has a very highly trained and
equipped and GIANT army. It has also elaborated a huge network of
trained and equipped personnel thruout the middle east-----HEZBOLLAH---
Try to remember what you just expressed -----soon---very soon ---Iran is going
to galvanize a GIANT CONFLAGRATION-----right there ---in the midst of things---
in Syria and in Yemen and into saudia Arabia ----so saith, rosie----Iran has
already taken over in Yemen---(it borders Saudi Arabia)

Ongoing now. Tune it in.

He is describing the history of people trying to annihilate Jews, reciting quotes from Iran's recent leaders saying they want to do exactly that, pointing out example after example of Iran and other dictators reneging on their word to play nice and restrict their nuclear research... all in the last ten years.

He stated flatly that the greatest threat to the United STATES and Israel, and the rest of the world, is a marriage between a fanatic militant Jihadi state, and nuclear weapons.

Pointed out that just because Iran is helping us fight ISIS, that doesn't mean they are our friend. They and ISIS are competing for the title of Supreme Islamic Jihadi State. "If you defeat ISIS but let Iran get the Bomb, you win the battle but lose the war."

And he hasn't said a word about attacking Iran or any offensive military operations by the West.

Tune it in.

Why can't Western leaders be this cognizant and frank?
It was wonderful. Bibi looked like a conquering hero entering the Chamber. His welcome was even more warm and celebrated than Obama ever gets for his SOTU speech. If he could only be our president than this Kenyan we have. Obama is going to see this country nuked by Iran sometime within 10 years and it will be because of his incompetence. Hopefully, the first bomb hits a certain Library in Hawaii; it would be justice.

Last edited:
Totally agree. What he basically called for was 'containing' Iran, which is what Obama has called for. What Obama means though is 'contain' until he is out of office. What Netanyahu is calling for is keeping the sanctions in place that brought Iran to the table, then increasing them if their bad behaviors continue. That's containment

What Obama means though is 'contain' until he is out of office

I say obama should contain Iran AFTER he leaves office ....

:lmao:

RW idiots are a dime a dozen on this board.

Totally agree. What he basically called for was 'containing' Iran, which is what Obama has called for. What Obama means though is 'contain' until he is out of office. What Netanyahu is calling for is keeping the sanctions in place that brought Iran to the table, then increasing them if their bad behaviors continue. That's containment

Why don't you ever call a left winger an idiot, "Mr I'm Not A Progressive"?

ever.

Your concession on this point is noted and you are dismissed.

why don't you gather up the RW idiots and go nuke the world ?

answer your childish question?

The United States feels just as strongly about not letting Iran get the Bomb. Our two countries just have different ideas of how to achieve it.

What's more, it is not a foregone conclusion Iran would use the Bomb if they acquired one. We lived under the umbrella of a nuclear USSR, the world would not end with a nuclear Iran. Much of the pants-shitting over Iran is hyperbole.

The USSR did not ever say they would wipe us off of the face of the earth as Iran has threatened to do to Israel. They were tough, but they weren't bat shit crazy like the Iranian leaders are.
"We will bury you!" Huh?

ever.

finally. You understand you're an idiot.

How can we see any when you stand so prominently in our way?

why don't you gather up the RW idiots and go nuke the world ?

answer your childish question?

I knew the answer before I asked, Mr Progressive. You're fooling nobody

finally. You understand you're an idiot.
You seem to be under the misimpression you have something to contribute.

Pakistan hasn't sworn to annihilate India like Iran has for Israel.

Seriously, if you people are coming from ignorance this deep, you should not speak on the subject.

2001 02 India Pakistan standoff - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

In late December, both countries moved ballistic missiles closer to each other's border, and mortar and artillery fire was reported in Kashmir

Threat of nuclear war
President Musharraf refused to renounce the use of nuclear weapons even after pressure by the international community. Whereas Prime Minister Vajpayee asserted from the beginning that nuclear weapons would only be used if the other side used them first.

As both India and Pakistan are armed with nuclear weapons, the possibility a conventional war could escalate into a nuclear one was raised several times during the standoff.
They've had nukes for a long time, EINSTEIN. It's mutual destruction, like the US and USSR. The POINT is that Iran has sworn to eliminate Israel. NOT for nuking them. But for BREATHING. Do you understand? Nod your head if you do.
You can't be this retarded. You can't possibly be so stupid as to believe no other countries have threatened their enemies with annihilation.

Please tell me this was all a joke and that you aren't really this stupid.

You are parroting a meme in a vacuum. You heard somewhere that Iran threatened to wipe Israel off the map, and yet it never occurred to you that this kind of threat is not unique to Iranian-Israeli relations.

You have allowed hyperbolic panic to overtake you and lead you to believe Iran can't wait to get a nuke so it can use it against Israel six minutes later.

Jesus, you people are gullible!
Yeah, right Slick.

Australia Israel Jewish Affairs Council Iranian sources discuss plans to destroy Israel
As was widely reported, the Islamic Republic's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on February 3 said in a speech to worshippers at prayers in Teheran and broadcast on state TV, that Israel is a "cancerous tumor that should be cut and will be cut."

Khamenei also said, "From now on, in any place, if any nation or any group confronts the Zionist regime, we will endorse and we will help. We have no fear expressing this".

In his speech Khameini also said that Iran would continue its nuclear program, and warned that any military strike by the US would only make Iran stronger.

Forum List

Back