🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texans are fools to pass up on Johnny Football.here is why.

heres a really good article on manziel. It lists both his strengths and weakenesses,His strenghts looks like they oversome his weaknesses though. I liked what Kurt warner had to say about him.again I cant believe anybody like the texans and ramsn here would want to pass up a guy who made a swish shot from nosebleed sections in a football stadium acting as though its a normal regular everyday thing that quarterbacks do all the time.:cuckoo:someone was talking about a once in a generation quarterback,if he disciplines himself and can tame his off field activites,this is that once in a generation quarterback someone mentioned earlier.:cuckoo:

2014 NFL draft top 64, No. 13: Quarterback Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M | Audibles - SI.com

But the question of whether he can discipline himself is a big one. He started a world of shit flying last year, and it looked like he never slowed down. I see him self-destructing in a very short time.

Manziel can be a decent QB in the right system where he isn't expected to carry the team. Overall number one QBs are not afforded that luxury

Look at Jim Plunkett, David Carr and Alex Smith

Mid first round is about right. Texans should either take Clowney or trade down

I wouldnt mind if they picked Khalil Mack.

I saw that predicted. Looks like an excellent choice. Manziel is a potential nightmare with some serious skills. Clowney has tons of talent but questionable work ethic, so he may be a bust too.

Mack looks like the real deal and would be an instant asset.

In my mind it's between Mack and Clowney,with BQBA in the second.

heres a really good article on manziel. It lists both his strengths and weakenesses,His strenghts looks like they oversome his weaknesses though. I liked what Kurt warner had to say about him.again I cant believe anybody like the texans and ramsn here would want to pass up a guy who made a swish shot from nosebleed sections in a football stadium acting as though its a normal regular everyday thing that quarterbacks do all the time.:cuckoo:someone was talking about a once in a generation quarterback,if he disciplines himself and can tame his off field activites,this is that once in a generation quarterback someone mentioned earlier.:cuckoo:

2014 NFL draft top 64, No. 13: Quarterback Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M | Audibles - SI.com

But the question of whether he can discipline himself is a big one. He started a world of shit flying last year, and it looked like he never slowed down. I see him self-destructing in a very short time.

Way to many questions as far as Johnny goes. No way I would take him in the first or second for that matter.
I just dont believe his style of football will work in the NFL.

Way to many questions as far as Johnny goes. No way I would take him in the first or second for that matter.

He is a very accurate passer, but his style of scrambling will see him hurt in his first season.

Manziel can be a decent QB in the right system where he isn't expected to carry the team. Overall number one QBs are not afforded that luxury

Look at Jim Plunkett, David Carr and Alex Smith

Mid first round is about right. Texans should either take Clowney or trade down

I saw that predicted. Looks like an excellent choice. Manziel is a potential nightmare with some serious skills. Clowney has tons of talent but questionable work ethic, so he may be a bust too.

yeah they had a special on him the other night.

It depends on if he is alined with an excellent mentor or not.Somone like pete carrol for instance would be able to reel him in.now if he got stuck with a coach like harbaugh then thats trouble for him.:D

yeah they had a special on him the other night.

As a University of Buffalo grad, I would love to see Mack go number 1

I think Buffalo only has one player in the NFL right now

roger staubach and kurt warner disagree with you.sorry im going to listen to staubach and warner.:D

He is a very accurate passer, but his style of scrambling will see him hurt in his first season.

not if he can be reeled in and be more discilined in the pocket.steve young and breat farve had the same style he has and it worked out pretty good for both of them.they bother in their very early careers played recklessly as well scarmbing around first and not looking to pass.Young in the very beginning especially ,was always looking to run first before passing but later made the adustment to pass first in the pocket and THEN scramble only if nothing was there,no reason to believe the same thing cant happen for manziel.

Last edited:

It depends on if he is alined with an excellent mentor or not.Somone like pete carrol for instance would be able to reel him in.now if he got stuck with a coach like harbaugh then thats trouble for him.:D

He is a grown man. Are you telling me that his success depends on whether he can get a nanny to try and control him??

So the millions of dollars to play a sport isn't enough, he has to have someone cajole him into behaving like a grownup??

I think that speaks volumes about why teams are questioning his value.

not if he can be reeled in and be more discilined in the pocket.steve young and breat farve had the same style he has and it worked out pretty good for both of them.they bother in their very early careers played recklessly as well scarmbing around first and not looking to pass.Young in the very beginning especially ,was always looking to run first before passing but later made the adustment to pass first in the pocket and THEN scramble only if nothing was there,no reason to believe the same thing cant happen for manziel.

No reason except that Manziel has shown he does not listen to his coaching staff particularly well.

Look, he has tons of talent. Whether that could translate into a good NFL career is up to him.

Steve Young and Brett Favre are both 6"2'. When you're 5" 11' 3/4' standing in the pocket becomes a little more problematic. Leaving the pocket is a sign he cant see over the linemen,which will only get worse in the NFL.
That and of course having the physique of a stickman aint gonna help when they catch up to him.....which we all know is going to happen at some point.

2,169 yards rushing in two seasons at Texas A&M, 30 rushing TDs. Too many running yards, in the NFL that means injuries.

7,820 yds passing 63 TDs, 22 Int. Good numbers, his style is not a typical NFL QB.

2,169 yards rushing in two seasons at Texas A&M, 30 rushing TDs. Too many running yards, in the NFL that means injuries.

7,820 yds passing 63 TDs, 22 Int. Good numbers, his style is not a typical NFL QB.

Not questioning his college skills by any stretch.
If he is around and all our other choices were gone in the second? I'd hold my nose and pick him.

I think I heard Manziel is going to Dallas, and Shaub went to the Raiders. I thought the Raiders were going to get smarter when Al Davis checked out. Pft!

I think I heard Manziel is going to Dallas, and Shaub went to the Raiders. I thought the Raiders were going to get smarter when Al Davis checked out. Pft!

Who knows whats going to happen with Ben Taub Schaub.
The guy has set some passing records over the years and could actually get his game back in new surroundings.
But it's possible that Lisfranc injury ended his career. It appears that he's never been the same since.

I already acknowledged i was wrong about that.read post #6.

Just reinforcing how knowledgable you are.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

I would say thats correct that Im very knowledgeable about football.:D

was I fool that so many others were here to actually believe the donkeys would win the superbowl despite having a QB that had a long history of choking in big games?:lol::D

I fail to see how many people could have been so dense to think he would have any chance against that defense.:cuckoo: you cant complete a pass when your receiver is covered all the time and your line is getting manhandled.I tried to explain that to everybody here but it just went through one ear and other the other with the majority.:cuckoo:

Here is the proof in the pudding I knew beyond a doubt it was going to be a blowout.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sport...ng-the-broncos-to-win-forget-these-facts.html

amazing how there were only a couple others out there i saw who was smart enough to understand what i knew,that the team that won the NFC championship game was the team that would win the superbowl.that only a couple others here understood that here besides me.Understanding the REAL superbowl was going to be the niners/seahawks game.

It didnt take a genius to see what was right in front of everybodys faces that myself and only a couple others saw.It doesnt take a genius to see that a team that was going into the game healthy but the other team had some key injurys,who would win,plus a quarterback who always chokes against top notch competition.it hardly took a genus to be able to figure out what the obvious outcome would be,yet most posters here couldnt somehow see what was right on front of their eyes.:cuckoo:

oh and as I said before,seldom do i ever use wikipedia because they leave out key facts in their version of events when it concerns government corruption. you would think they would be accurate though on something like this they CANT coverup.:cuckoo:

Like the newspapers people receive,what the papers report on events that happen as far as government corruption is concerned is altogether different than what actually happened,they leave out key details and facts that dont go along with their version of events but when it comes to the sports page,thats too big a thing, so they cant lie and HAVE to report the facts about a football team for instance.they cant say they won when they really lost because of too many witnesses there who know better.

well i figured wikipedia would follow the same pattern,yeah they lie about government corruption all the time,but why would they be stupid enough to lie about sports,what do they gain by THAT? Government events i understand lying about,the media is only a tool for the government,they dont do any real investigation,buy WHY would they lie about a fact like that/ that doesnt make any sense,what do they have to gain on lying about manziel? that just doesnt make any sense so i figured i could at LEAST trust them abotu sports.

looks like you cant trust wiki on ANYTHING though obviously.

Wiki doesn't lie. Exactly...The problem is that anybody can edit Wiki and "facts" get changed or ommited by people with an axe to grind. The problem is that Wiki doesn't police very effectively. Manzeil probably changed the height thing himself.[/QUOTE]

yep,that pretty much sumes it up,they can edit anything they want to there so its unriable.

I think the Bills should take him at number 9. I'm not sold on EJ manuel.

Im not sold on him either but I dont think your Bills will get the chance to draft him since like I said,he will probably be gone by the 4th or 5th round with either Cleveland or jacksonville probably taking him.

True. There has been rumors of the bills trading up to 1 to take Clowney, which I think would be a mistake. We're already good enough on the defensive side of the ball, while I'm sure Clowney is a stud, what we need is a QB. If the Bills are going to trade up it should be for either Manziel or Bortles. Now I'm not really a college football fan, so I can't say I've seen either of those guys play, but judging by their highlights (which I know there's more to it than that) I take Manziel without much consideration.

Last edited:

like father like son.:D Naw I dont think manziel will be around for dallas to take him.I see jacksonville surprising everyone and taking him with the 3rd pick.they need something to get that doorman franchise excited again and mack as good as he is,wont do it in jacksonville if they sign him like some in the mock draft think they will.

Forum List

Back