Why is everyone on Jason Tatum's case? The Celtics are dominating the playoffs.

With over 4 min left on a questionable block in a 3pt game.

But Luca has looked a bit slow in this series anyway? Maybe the ribs are really hurting? He was heavily wrapped and taped up last three games?
He's far from healthy, it's amazing he's played as well as he has. Kyree needed to go off tonite but Boston's Defense is too good.

It's like if he doesn't score 30, he was weak and had a bad game. That's BS. The Celtics are a coaches dream. They don't rely on one guy like the Mavericks or the Nuggets. And basketball is way more than scoring Tatum affects the game in different ways. They are the most balanced team I've seen in a long time.
Did they ever beat the nuggets in a 7 game series? Jokic may have caused the Celtics too much trouble. And it depends on Denver’s others.

Boston is deep. Their role players are delivering. They have 5 guys who can create their own shot.

The others have done so well, Tatum maybe shouldn’t be the mvp. Even though he’s the star of the team. Like Durant got the mvp not curry even though that’s curry’s team.

Good problem to have. HOF player, great team that could be a dynasty.

2 time champ Dru Holliday! No Kyree. Lol that I’m happy about.

Happy the East is best again. I hope Milwaukee is healthy next year.

Did they ever beat the nuggets in a 7 game series? Jokic may have caused the Celtics too much trouble. And it depends on Denver’s others.

Boston is deep. Their role players are delivering. They have 5 guys who can create their own shot.

The others have done so well, Tatum maybe shouldn’t be the mvp. Even though he’s the star of the team. Like Durant got the mvp not curry even though that’s curry’s team.

Denver is 2 man team Jokic and Murray. Boston is the most balanced team I've seen in a long time so Tatum plays within that framework. Jaylen Brown is a beast and is clearly the MVP of the Finals.

On 38 shots. Any NBA player who takes enough shots will eventually make some of them.

OP was wondering why people were killing Tatum. That's why. Tatum averaged 27 on 47% shooting in the regular season. His numbers fell off a cliff in the first 2 games of the finals. He may have something lodged in his throat. And it's not like it's just these 2 games in the finals

He's got issues when the lights are brightest. He's played 8 games in the finals. In 2 of them he's shot under 30%. In 1 it was under 20. He's only shot above 40 twice. 40% is good from 3 not the field. When you are considered a top 10 player in the league, playing with a stacked roster, looking for a big contract you're going to get some extra scrutiny.
The one who's choking isn't Tatum. It's DONCIC. While you're whining about a guy averaging a near triple double, poor Luka is crying about the referees. Here's a hint. Try not trying to draw a charge when you have 5 fouls. 38 shots in 2 games. You're just looking stupid again.

Denver is 2 man team Jokic and Murray. Boston is the most balanced team I've seen in a long time so Tatum plays within that framework. Jaylen Brown is a beast and is clearly the MVP of the Finals.
People don't realize that Tatum doesn't need to score 30 for Boston to win. Just run the offense and if he's off, there's 4 or 5 other guys who can score. Rebounding and assists can be just as big as scoring. Brown definitely is playing like an MVP. This Boston team may be one of the better TEAMS to come along in a while.

People don't realize that Tatum doesn't need to score 30 for Boston to win. Just run the offense and if he's off, there's 4 or 5 other guys who can score. Rebounding and assists can be just as big as scoring. Brown definitely is playing like an MVP. This Boston team may be one of the better TEAMS to come along in a while.
Agreed and the Celtics Coach Joe Mazzulla doesn't get near enough credit. He has that team firing on all cylinders. I'm not a Boston fan but I admire watching a great team execute at the highest level.

The one who's choking isn't Tatum. It's DONCIC. While you're whining about a guy averaging a near triple double, poor Luka is crying about the referees. Here's a hint. Try not trying to draw a charge when you have 5 fouls. 38 shots in 2 games. You're just looking stupid again.
Have you even watched the games? Do you know anything about basketball? Tatum had a good game last night but he still wasn’t the best player on his own team. Doncic has been the best player in this series by a large margin. He’s averaging what Tatum scored last night. The Celtics are the better team. Great. No one said they weren’t, or at least I haven’t. That doesn’t mean Tatum is having a good series. He objectively isn’t. Not for a top 10 guy in the league

Have you even watched the games? Do you know anything about basketball? Tatum had a good game last night but he still wasn’t the best player on his own team. Doncic has been the best player in this series by a large margin. He’s averaging what Tatum scored last night. The Celtics are the better team. Great. No one said they weren’t, or at least I haven’t. That doesn’t mean Tatum is having a good series. He objectively isn’t. Not for a top 10 guy in the league
Tatum is averaging 25 pts 10 boards and 6 assists in the 2024 playoffs. He is playing perfectly within the team concept of Joe Mazzulla. I know you are numbers guy but there's more to winning a ring than "I gotta get my points!" Jaylen Brown should be MVP and no one will be happier for him than Tatum. Aside from being a great player he's a great person.

Tatum is averaging 25 pts 10 boards and 6 assists in the 2024 playoffs. He is playing perfectly within the team concept of Joe Mazzulla. I know you are numbers guy but there's more to winning a ring than "I gotta get my points!" Jaylen Brown should be MVP and no one will be happier for him than Tatum. Aside from being a great player he's a great person.
Not talking about the playoffs dum dum. We are talking about the finals.

You would be right but Tatum was taking the most shots and missing them at a historic rate. A guy who “doesn’t care about numbers” isn’t doing that.

You asked why Tatum was getting killed by analysts for his play in the finals then when it’s explained to you, you don’t want to hear it or start talking about how hes playing isn’t important. If Tatum were a role player his play would be good but he’s not. He’s supposed to be a 1 but he doesn’t play like a 1 in the biggest games.

I'm not the dum dum who thinks Tatum sucks. That would be you. If Tatum played for the Mavericks he would be scoring 30+ a game because he would HAVE TO just like Doncic has to because his team isn't as good.
When did I say Tatum sucks? Was it when I said he was a top 10 player in the league? Is that me saying he sucks? I said he wasn't playing well in the finals which was objectively true. This conversation happened after game 2. At that time he was the all time worst shooter in NBA Finals HISTORY (based on the 8 games he'd played in the finals). Not the worst in this series, not the worst in Celtics history. NBA FINALS HISTORY. If you are ever the worst something in history that rarely if ever equates to you playing well. And why would he have been shooting better if he played on the Mavs? Doncic took 47 shots and scored 62 points in games 1 and 2. Tatum took 38 shots and scored 34 points. Even if Tatum went 9-9 from 3 he would have needed an and 1 to score the 28 points Doncic scored in the same number of shots. Seems unlikely since he shot 4-14 from 3 in those games. Im not sure why you're so invested in Tatum having played well in 2 games its obvious that he didnt.

Boston does not have 5 guys who can "create their own shot". They have 2 Tatum and Brown. They start 5 guys who can shoot the 3 which is why they are so hard to defend. The drive and kick game works exceedingly well for them because the other team can't leave anyone without risking them knocking down a 3.

Tatum 100% shouldnt be the MVP. You cant shoot just over 30% from the field and win MVP. Either Brown or Holiday should win it.
They wont keep all these players after this year. It's why everyone said it was so imperative they win it this year.

Why?

The East is still the weaker conference. Boston winning the title doesn't change that.

Kyree and Luca wish they had better teammates. Yes Boston has at least 5 guys who can create their own shot.

Denver is a balanced team. They might make it back to the finals.

Bucks are or were a well balanced team. They lost Dru Holliday but got Lillard. I hope they are healthy next year I'd like to see them and Boston become a rivalry.

It'd be nice to see the 76'ers get better.

The Heat are always in it.

Will NY Knicks ever win the East ever again?

Pacers?

Jason Tatum is suffering from what Bill Russell's problem. His team was too good so no one calls him the GOAT. He didn't score enough points. Didn't have to.

is Tatum going to be the MVP? Who has been the best player on Boston so far? Sorry I stopped watching. Only Boston fans

Agreed and the Celtics Coach Joe Mazzulla doesn't get near enough credit. He has that team firing on all cylinders. I'm not a Boston fan but I admire watching a great team execute at the highest level.
The Celtics made a good hire in a young Mazulla. At 35 he's younger than some players. He has a chance to do some great things with that team for a long time. Though obviously nothing is certain given the way the game is today.

And you obsess over points. Doncic has been doing more crying than anything. Obviously it's YOU who doesn't know anything. Basketball is a TEAM game. Your "best player by a large margin" is the WORST defender in the series by a large margin. By the way dum dum, the Finals are part of the playoffs.

The Celtics made a good hire in a young Mazulla. At 35 he's younger than some players. He has a chance to do some great things with that team for a long time. Though obviously nothing is certain given the way the game is today.
I don't know much about the Celtics contracts, but if they can keep that group and the coach together, it could be another dynasty level team.

Forum List

Back