🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texans are fools to pass up on Johnny Football.here is why.

We dont often agree. But you obviously know your shit when it comes to football. :lol:

He obviously has reading and memory comprehension problems cause thats how he ALWAYS acts in his debates.:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love that warped logic of his,Manzeil at 6'1" is somehow comparable to being undersized to flutie who was around 5'8".He sure does provide comedy relief arouind here doesnt he?:D

He's actually 5'11" and 3/4"[/QUOTE]

Oh Really? Better call wiki and tell them you have facts to disprove them then.:D:lol::lol:

Johnny Manziel
Football player

Jonathan Paul Manziel, also known by his nickname "Johnny Football", is an American football quarterback. He was nationally recruited out of high school as a dual-threat quarterback. Wikipedia

Born: December 6, 1992 (age 21), Tyler, TX

Weight: 209 lbs (95 kg)

"Height: 6' 1" (1.85 m)::D

I can tottally understand why Kurt Warner and Roger Staubach after looking at this footage said WOW!!!

amazing is right.

Notice that while there indeed were many times he took off and ran with the ball,He also dropped back in the pocket and threw the ball down the field accurately?

Its extremely rare that you see a QB like this who makes something out of nothing like when he went up the middle in the video and it looked like the end of him,only he bounced off it and completed the pass.That just made me go wow!!!! He also reminded me of Russel wilson there the way he dropped back and turned around and completed the pass.

Wilson is the same kind of scrambler Johnny is and unlike his counterpart Kapernick,he has learned from being in the NFL to instead of automatically running with the ball most the time when he drops back,he looks to pass FIRST now that he is in the pros.

Johnny can do the same thing.Learn to look to pass first in the pocket and only take off when nothings there like Wilson does.

you wont like this Hug,but his play reminds me an awful lot of Wilson.This guy has some major potential that I would not pass up on if I was the texans or the Lambs in st louis according to all the mock drafts apparently are going to do.

You also got to remember,Steve Young was exactly like Johnny Football in college as well.Would always take off and run first when he got the ball instead of dropping back to look downfield and pass first but after his first couple years he made the adjustment.

Young and Wilson, two college scramblers in their heydey converted to being a passer and one is in the hall of fame and there is no reason to believe the other wont join him in the future.

Young made it through most his career without any major injurys till late in his career when he could not take hit to the helmet anymore and Wilson has yet to sustain any injurys either.

If the Texans want to be fools and pass up a major talent with great potential like this guy has,well then I feel sorry for them.This is rare talent you dont see everyday. someone mentioned they would take Borders and bridgewater first over manziel.okay whatever.:cuckoo:

and you want to tell me there arent any quarterbacks in the college draft that are not worth a first round pick? okay,whatever.:cuckoo:

If this was any other year I would alugh my ass off that that team in st louis would pass on him since i alwasy root for them to lose all the time but since my Rams look to be back in LA next year,I will be pissed if they pass up on him like they are talking about and they are indeed the LA RAMS again knowing they could have had such a great talent in their long history of great quarterback in their 49 history out there on the west coast.:mad:

Johnny may not succeed immediately right off the bat like wilson did,but give him a couple years and look out. Bortles and Bridgewater I think will be good to and they look impressive also.Not to the extremes Johnny does though.This kid looks to be special.

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont often agree. But you obviously know your shit when it comes to football. :lol:

He obviously has reading and memory comprehension problems cause thats how he ALWAYS acts in his debates.:D:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love that warped logic of his,Manzeil at 6'1" is somehow comparable to being undersized to flutie who was around 5'8".He sure does provide comedy relief arouind here doesnt he?:D

He's actually 5'11" and 3/4"

Oh Really? Better call wiki and tell them you have facts to disprove them then.:D:lol::lol:

Johnny Manziel
Football player

Jonathan Paul Manziel, also known by his nickname "Johnny Football", is an American football quarterback. He was nationally recruited out of high school as a dual-threat quarterback. Wikipedia

"Height: 6' 1" (1.85 m)::D[/QUOTE]

The NFL's official reports:Johnny Manziel?s official measurements released | Q

5’11 and ¾ inches, 207 pound.

Looks like Wikipedia is wrong and so are you. Nice try though.

[OTE=Samson;8927140]
I would not risk an overall #1 on Manziel. If you want an undersized QB you can get one in the second round

A player like Clowney comes around every five years or so. If they want a stretch, take Khalil Mack...he will be a better player than Manziel

If size mattered as much as this thread has emphasises it could, then how did Manziel play out the last season?QU

How different in size are Manziel and Wilson?

:eusa_hand:

Frankly all this noise about size seems to be only a red herring, diverting attention from other key components of successful quarterbacks: Scrambing Talent, speed, intelligence, ice under pressure, passion to win, loyalty of team, great receivers.

i mentioned that earlier,put agent rightwinger whenever he is cornered,played dodgeball like he always does and ignored it when i shot down that argument of his size.:D thats WHY i keep saying you just dont pass him up cause he has all those traits you just mentioned which are more valuable than size.:cuckoo:

Seattle didnt win because of Wilson. Few undersized QBs win in the NFL which is why the Texans wont gamble on Johnny.[/QUOTE]

you go to seattle and tell Huggy or anybody there that Wilsons clutch throws in the playoffs and his scrambing keeping plays alive to keep the chains moving were not major factors in them getting to and winning the superbowl and they will laugh their asses off at you.:lol:

sure seattle had a great defense that was a major factor in getting them there and winning games in the regular season but had they had not a great quarterback who makes all the players on the team better players than they are in wilson whos key leadership was just as much of a major factor,had they not had him and he had been injury prone and they were stuck with their worthless backup Tavarious jackson in the playoffs down the stretch,they go one and done in the playoffs without his steady hand at quarterback.:lol: again wilson makes all the players around him better than they are,they feed off him.He is a rare talent.

This kid johnny football looks to be an extremely rare talant as well that I just dont pass up and hope the rams sure as hell dont either.

Last edited:
Manziel can be a decent QB in the right system where he isn't expected to carry the team. Overall number one QBs are not afforded that luxury

Look at Jim Plunkett, David Carr and Alex Smith

Mid first round is about right. Texans should either take Clowney or trade down

Johnny Manziel
Football player

The NFL's official reports:Johnny Manziel?s official measurements released | Q

5’11 and ¾ inches, 207 pound.

Looks like Wikipedia is wrong and so are you. Nice try though.[/QUOTE]

they are always wrong on things about the government always holding back key facts so I usually dont use them,I figured they at LEAST would get facts right about sports though since you CANT cover that up.:D:lol: just shows you cant believe a single thing wiki ever posts.:D

Oh well. everybody passed up wilson as well who is the same height and they are all kicking themselves now.:D

further proof you cant believe a single word wiki ever says.:D

Last edited:
Manziel= Doug Flutie

If he is lucky

actually no he doesnt.He was dense enough to pick the donkeys to win the superbowl.:lol: despite how Huggy said the seahawks would win the superbowl before the season started.He couldnt grasp it that the real superbwol was the Hawks/niners game.I kept saying the whole week leading up that that game the winner of that game was going to win the superbowl.It was so obvious they would win it easily.The hawks were healthy where the donkesy were banged up and had too many key injurys.:cuckoo: I would have thought since he was aware that manning always chokes in the big game that he would have wised up about him by now.:cuckoo::D some people never learn though.:D[/QUOTE]

True that. As good as Manning is,he does have a disturbing habit of choking in big games.

Johnny Manziel
Football player

"Height: 6' 1" (1.85 m)::D[/QUOTE]

Yes really...

Manziel can be a decent QB in the right system where he isn't expected to carry the team. Overall number one QBs are not afforded that luxury

I wouldnt mind if they picked Khalil Mack.

University of Buffalo

University of Buffalo

Yep. He's a bad ass no doubt. Love to see him and Cushing bustin heads.
Would arguably be the best LB duo in the NFL.

The problem if they take clowney with their first pick though is you got to hope that you snatch a Wilson in the middle round somewhere and like i have said many times,that is rare that ever happens.Brady being the last one before wilson that was snached in a late round everyone overlooked which was like,what 15 years ago.If i am the GM,i draft him in the first round,keep him on the bench a couple years like san fran did with steve young,then make him the starter and build the team around him.just because he is first round pick,they shouldnt put the pressure on him to start immediately.

oh and glad you liked my last post.thats a rare thing from you.:D

actually no he doesnt.He was dense enough to pick the donkeys to win the superbowl.:lol: despite how Huggy said the seahawks would win the superbowl before the season started.He couldnt grasp it that the real superbwol was the Hawks/niners game.I kept saying the whole week leading up that that game the winner of that game was going to win the superbowl.It was so obvious they would win it easily.The hawks were healthy where the donkesy were banged up and had too many key injurys.:cuckoo: I would have thought since he was aware that manning always chokes in the big game that he would have wised up about him by now.:cuckoo::D some people never learn though.:D

True that. As good as Manning is,he does have a disturbing habit of choking in big games.[/QUOTE]

yeah he only won the superbowl game against the bears because the only reason the bears got there that year was because of their defense and special teams despite the play of a lousy quarterback.thats the only time i can remember a really lousy quarterback getting you to teh big game was that year when now journeyman rex grossman was the qb. they got to the superbowl and their luck of special teams running kickoffs back for touchdowns and defense winning the game for them ran out on them because the plays on special teams were there and the defense was on the field all day long cause of grossmans innacurate throws.

they could have had the Bears 85 defense on the field that day and it would not have made a difference.when you are on the field all day long,you cant hold them off forever,they did for a while but the bears had so many 3 and outs on offense,their defense was on the field all day long and eventually got too tired to rush the passer.because of that,Manning was eventually able to pick them apart having all day long to stay back there and make reads down the field.

lets look at the three superbowls he was in. the one he won came against a reject washed up quarterback who is now a journeyman backup that hasnt thrown a pass in several years. the two losses came against two quarterbacks who both look to be sure future hall of famers. when he plays against top notch competion in big games,he chokes unlike little brother.:D

Johnny Manziel
Football player

Yes really...[/QUOTE]

I already acknowledged i was wrong about that.read post #6.

Last edited:

Johnny Manziel
Football player

Yes really...

I already acknowledged i was wrong about that.read post #6.[/QUOTE]

Just reinforcing how knowledgable you are.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Johnny Manziel
Football player

Yes really...

Sent from my iPad using an Android.[/QUOTE]

I would say thats correct that Im very knowledgeable about football.:D

was I fool that so many others were here to actually believe the donkeys would win the superbowl despite having a QB that had a long history of choking in big games?:lol::D

I fail to see how many people could have been so dense to think he would have any chance against that defense.:cuckoo: you cant complete a pass when your receiver is covered all the time and your line is getting manhandled.I tried to explain that to everybody here but it just went through one ear and out the other with the majority.:cuckoo:

Here is the proof in the pudding I knew beyond a doubt it was going to be a blowout.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sport...ng-the-broncos-to-win-forget-these-facts.html

amazing how there were only a couple others out there i saw who was smart enough to understand what i knew,that the team that won the NFC championship game was the team that would win the superbowl.that only a couple others here understood that here besides me.Understanding the REAL superbowl was going to be the niners/seahawks game.

even Richard Sherman grugingly said the same thing here below.he said this grudgingly about the niners because of the rivalry.

The NFC Championship was the Super Bowl,” Sherman says. “The 49ers were the second-best team in the NFL.”

It didnt take a genius to see what was right in front of everybodys faces that myself and only a couple others saw.It doesnt take a genius to see that a team that was going into the game healthy but the other team had some key injurys,who would win,plus a quarterback who always chokes against top notch competition.it hardly took a genus to be able to figure out what the obvious outcome would be,yet most posters here couldnt somehow see what was right on front of their eyes.:cuckoo:

oh and as I said before,seldom do i ever use wikipedia because they leave out key facts in their version of events when it concerns government corruption. you would think they would be accurate though on something like this they CANT coverup.:cuckoo:

Like the newspapers people receive,what the papers report on events that happen as far as government corruption is concerned is altogether different than what actually happened,they leave out key details and facts that dont go along with their version of events but when it comes to the sports page,thats too big a thing, so they cant lie and HAVE to report the facts about a football team for instance.they cant say they won when they really lost because of too many witnesses there who know better.

well i figured wikipedia would follow the same pattern,yeah they lie about government corruption all the time,but why would they be stupid enough to lie about sports,what do they gain by THAT? Government events i understand lying about,the media is only a tool for the government,they dont do any real investigation,buy WHY would they lie about a fact like that/ that doesnt make any sense,what do they have to gain on lying about manziel? that just doesnt make any sense so i figured i could at LEAST trust them abotu sports.

looks like you cant trust wiki on ANYTHING though obviously.

Last edited:
heres a really good article on manziel. It lists both his strengths and weakenesses,His strenghts looks like they oversome his weaknesses though. I liked what Kurt warner had to say about him.again I cant believe anybody like the texans and ramsn here would want to pass up a guy who made a swish shot from nosebleed sections in a football stadium acting as though its a normal regular everyday thing that quarterbacks do all the time.:cuckoo:someone was talking about a once in a generation quarterback,if he disciplines himself and can tame his off field activites,this is that once in a generation quarterback someone mentioned earlier.:cuckoo:

2014 NFL draft top 64, No. 13: Quarterback Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M | Audibles - SI.com

Last edited:
Yes really...

was I fool that so many others were here to actually believe the donkeys would win the superbowl despite having a QB that had a long history of choking in big games?:lol::D

I fail to see how many people could have been so dense to think he would have any chance against that defense.:cuckoo: you cant complete a pass when your receiver is covered all the time and your line is getting manhandled.I tried to explain that to everybody here but it just went through one ear and other the other with the majority.:cuckoo:

Here is the proof in the pudding I knew beyond a doubt it was going to be a blowout.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/sport...ng-the-broncos-to-win-forget-these-facts.html

amazing how there were only a couple others out there i saw who was smart enough to understand what i knew,that the team that won the NFC championship game was the team that would win the superbowl.that only a couple others here understood that here besides me.Understanding the REAL superbowl was going to be the niners/seahawks game.

It didnt take a genius to see what was right in front of everybodys faces that myself and only a couple others saw.It doesnt take a genius to see that a team that was going into the game healthy but the other team had some key injurys,who would win,plus a quarterback who always chokes against top notch competition.it hardly took a genus to be able to figure out what the obvious outcome would be,yet most posters here couldnt somehow see what was right on front of their eyes.:cuckoo:

oh and as I said before,seldom do i ever use wikipedia because they leave out key facts in their version of events when it concerns government corruption. you would think they would be accurate though on something like this they CANT coverup.:cuckoo:

Like the newspapers people receive,what the papers report on events that happen as far as government corruption is concerned is altogether different than what actually happened,they leave out key details and facts that dont go along with their version of events but when it comes to the sports page,thats too big a thing, so they cant lie and HAVE to report the facts about a football team for instance.they cant say they won when they really lost because of too many witnesses there who know better.

well i figured wikipedia would follow the same pattern,yeah they lie about government corruption all the time,but why would they be stupid enough to lie about sports,what do they gain by THAT? Government events i understand lying about,the media is only a tool for the government,they dont do any real investigation,buy WHY would they lie about a fact like that/ that doesnt make any sense,what do they have to gain on lying about manziel? that just doesnt make any sense so i figured i could at LEAST trust them abotu sports.

looks like you cant trust wiki on ANYTHING though obviously.[/QUOTE]

Wiki doesn't lie. Exactly...The problem is that anybody can edit Wiki and "facts" get changed or ommited by people with an axe to grind. The problem is that Wiki doesn't police very effectively. Manzeil probably changed the height thing himself.

Yes really...

I fail to see how many people could have been so dense to think he would have any chance against that defense.:cuckoo: you cant complete a pass when your receiver is covered all the time and your line is getting manhandled.I tried to explain that to everybody here but it just went through one ear and out the other with the majority.:cuckoo:

even Richard Sherman grugingly said the same thing here below.he said this grudgingly about the niners because of the rivalry.

The NFC Championship was the Super Bowl,” Sherman says. “The 49ers were the second-best team in the NFL.”

looks like you cant trust wiki on ANYTHING though obviously.[/QUOTE]

You jumped from the Seattle ship against the 49ers, you were wrong.

So you are not any better than others.

I saw that predicted. Looks like an excellent choice. Manziel is a potential nightmare with some serious skills. Clowney has tons of talent but questionable work ethic, so he may be a bust too.

Mack looks like the real deal and would be an instant asset.

Forum List

Back