🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texans are fools to pass up on Johnny Football.here is why.

I don't think Manziel will last in the NFL.

Of course I could be wrong, I once was.

I'm a Texans fan, and as one I hope they pick Clowney first, then pray that Bortles is left for the second round.

Better yet, trade up and get them both in the first round.

Texans fan Myself.
I see us taking Clowney and finding a QB elsewhere,whether it's through a trade or the draft.
Whatever happens you just have to trust in BoB. The guys an offensive genius.

bottles is considered a better prospect than Manziel. Manziel is a run then throw QB, it doesn't work real well. He is short, which doesn't mean he won't be good but name all the short QB's that are top tier QBs.

He has never been in a pro-style offense, he already is carrying baggage from his last collegiate year. He gets rattled under pressure. His Wonderlic score is good but the NFL doesn't fit his style. Tebow was a good college QB and couldn't make it.

He may prove me wrong but I don't see him as a first pick. Vince Young was a sure no fire miss, where is he?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Continue to parrot the blogs from Jeric Griffin.

I'll believe the seasoned warrior's opinions:

“I think Manziel is a Russell Wilson-type player. He doesn’t have the height; he has a strong arm and he throws with accuracy. I just think there’s something about this kid. I think Manziel is going to be a valuable player in the NFL.”- Roger Staubach

I see Manziel as a look and throw QB and if the first guy is covered, he will run, not a good NFL trait to have. He also rely's on forcing plays which lead to TO.

Staubach has his opinion, he maybe right or wrong.

Well, I attempted to let you try to turn the page on your script, and the best you could do was repeat an regurgitate the same hackneyed blather about size.

Stick to your comfort zone.

Are you an Aggie?
Script? Dude,you haven't said anything other then your opinion.
1.1 QBs fail more often then not. Stop being an ignoranus.

Here's another opinion: I'm astonished you could write a post without the word "small" included.

That's you're "genius."

What the hell is this about?

"That's you're "genius."

"You are opinion" doesnt sound quite right....ya ignoranus.

bottles is considered a better prospect than Manziel. Manziel is a run then throw QB, it doesn't work real well. He is short, which doesn't mean he won't be good but name all the short QB's that are top tier QBs.

He has never been in a pro-style offense, he already is carrying baggage from his last collegiate year. He gets rattled under pressure. His Wonderlic score is good but the NFL doesn't fit his style. Tebow was a good college QB and couldn't make it.

He may prove me wrong but I don't see him as a first pick. Vince Young was a sure no fire miss, where is he?

“I think Manziel is a Russell Wilson-type player. He doesn’t have the height; he has a strong arm and he throws with accuracy. I just think there’s something about this kid. I think Manziel is going to be a valuable player in the NFL.”- Roger Staubach

I see Manziel as a look and throw QB and if the first guy is covered, he will run, not a good NFL trait to have. He also rely's on forcing plays which lead to TO.

Yeah,I've heard that Johnny doesnt go through his progressions and flee's the pocket way to early myself. And he's known to go deep in risky situations. You wont get away with that in the NFL.

I would not risk an overall #1 on Manziel. If you want an undersized QB you can get one in the second round

A player like Clowney comes around every five years or so. If they want a stretch, take Khalil Mack...he will be a better player than Manziel

I agree, Luck was a once in a generation QB, Manziel, maybe good but he isn't a sure pick, Clowney is a anchor for a defense and a problem for any offense he goes up against.

Ya... that was the book on Lucky Luck.. Once In A Generation.. :lol: He should probably go ahead on and write his autobiography and play himself in the movie of the same title.

Luck was the 27 th rated passer in 2012 and 17 th last season while that midget 3 rd rounder Wilson was 4 th and 7 th respectively...THAT with generally accepted as "pedestrian" receivers.

Call me a doubting Thomas but I'm starting to wonder which "generation" he is supposed to star in.. :lol:

Luck also plays in the same conference that gave up Mannings crazy good numbers last season and the runt had to beat any number of NFC teams that would probably have had their way with the Broncos had they made it to the Super Bowl.

I'm really just having more and more trouble seeing what the big deal is with Luck. If he has another so-so season it might just be time to nudge him off the pedestal everyone seems to have placed him on.

you and me both.This guy so far has only shown me that he follows his predesser up in Indy that when he gets to the playoffs,he chokes.I figured after he screwed up and threw all those interceptions against the chiefs that surely he would be much more careful the next time against the pats.Little did i know how wrong i would be. If he had just thrown the ball away all those times instead of being stupid trying to force it in there,they would have had a much better chance of winning that game.:cuckoo: He is still young but so far,im not impressed with him at all like I am with wilson and RG 3 before he got hurt.

Ya... that was the book on Lucky Luck.. Once In A Generation.. :lol: He should probably go ahead on and write his autobiography and play himself in the movie of the same title.

Luck was the 27 th rated passer in 2012 and 17 th last season while that midget 3 rd rounder Wilson was 4 th and 7 th respectively...THAT with generally accepted as "pedestrian" receivers.

Call me a doubting Thomas but I'm starting to wonder which "generation" he is supposed to star in.. :lol:

Luck also plays in the same conference that gave up Mannings crazy good numbers last season and the runt had to beat any number of NFC teams that would probably have had their way with the Broncos had they made it to the Super Bowl.

I'm really just having more and more trouble seeing what the big deal is with Luck. If he has another so-so season it might just be time to nudge him off the pedestal everyone seems to have placed him on.

The team he is on has little talent, one decent WR, the offensive line is not good, take Luck off the team and you win 5 maybe 6 games and they certainly would not have beaten the Hawks. Take Wilson off the team, the still win 10-12 games.

I've heard that a lot also. Nonsense. A lot of teams that have great defenses went nowhere. 10-12 is a bigger spread than a quick glance suggests. 10-6 is a whole lot more comon than 12-4.

yeah like the texans for example.:D great defense,no offence.

[OTE=Samson;8927140]
I would not risk an overall #1 on Manziel. If you want an undersized QB you can get one in the second round

A player like Clowney comes around every five years or so. If they want a stretch, take Khalil Mack...he will be a better player than Manziel

If size mattered as much as this thread has emphasises it could, then how did Manziel play out the last season?QU

How different in size are Manziel and Wilson?

:eusa_hand:

Frankly all this noise about size seems to be only a red herring, diverting attention from other key components of successful quarterbacks: Scrambing Talent, speed, intelligence, ice under pressure, passion to win, loyalty of team, great receivers.[/QUOTE]

i mentioned that earlier,put agent rightwinger whenever he is cornered,played dodgeball like he always does and ignored it when i shot down that argument of his size.:D thats WHY i keep saying you just dont pass him up cause he has all those traits you just mentioned which are more valuable than size.:cuckoo:

Last edited:

Yeah,I've heard that Johnny doesnt go through his progressions and flee's the pocket way to early myself. And he's known to go deep in risky situations. You wont get away with that in the NFL.

I'm thinking Johnnie Football would fare better in the AFC than the NFC. It seems to me that the better corners and safeties are in the NFC.

I remember hearing a couple years ago from a friend of mine to look out for a guy known as Johnny Football and I never forgot his name because what he told me blew me away.

That he was at some stadium and before a live crowd, he threw a football from the VERY TOP of the stadium nosebleed seats in the upper level and made a basket through the hoop of basketball goal they had on the stadium.Not once,but TWICE!!!!

Once you can chalk it up to a miracle fluke but TWICE!!!! no way.the guy is an extremely rare talent.from what all the experts are saying,they expect the texans to pass on him though.:cuckoo: I guess they must not be aware of that amazing accomplishment he achived. Kurt Warner also thinks basically thinks they are crazy pretty much if they pass up on him.listen to his comments.

YouTube

Kurt Warner: Johnny Manziel is top QB in draft - YouTube

Good thing he was in the nosebleed seats. If you put in the lower tier he wouldnt be able to see above the rim.
No doubt the guy is accurate,but we saw what happened to RG III.
Scrambling QB's eventually get killed,especially one's as small as Johnny.
The Texans will take Clowney in the first because there are no QBs worth a first in this years draft.
Just look at Brady,he was picked 199 over all.

but thats what I keep saying,the last time the NFL drafted a quarterback in a late round that turned out to be great before wilson was brady and that was like what,15 years ago?.:D the risk is just too great. you want to merely just make the playoffs and never get to the superbowl,take clowney then.having a great QB and a so so QB can only take you so far,it cant get you to the big dance that is unless you have the best special teams in the league which is how ther bears did it last time,great defense and the best special teams in the NFL.

Last edited:
For me, it's a combination of things...

As an Aggies fan, I love Johnny Fucking Football. After what happened with David Carr and Matt Schaub, I'd like my favorite college QB to go somewhere his offensive line won't get him killed and shorten his career. As a Texans fan I recognize their need for a QB, but I also know they need some work on the offensive line.

As for Clowney, the dude is a force to be reckoned with and I am reminded of the Texans' first, first round pick, Mario Williams. I was pissed they went with a defensive player, but I was wrong. Williams was clutch.

Either way, I'll be watching. Even after last season. The Season of Tears...
Carr never recovered from being a tackling dummy for NFL defenses.
You got no offensive line, it don't matter how good your quarterback is.
Archie Manning was a great QB, but he spent his career face down or on his back in Tulane stadium.

[OTE=Samson;8927140]

If size mattered as much as this thread has emphasises it could, then how did Manziel play out the last season?QU

Frankly all this noise about size seems to be only a red herring, diverting attention from other key components of successful quarterbacks: Scrambing Talent, speed, intelligence, ice under pressure, passion to win, loyalty of team, great receivers.

i mentioned that earlier,put agent rightwinger whenever he is cornered,played dodgeball like he always does and ignored it when i shot down that argument of his size.:D thats WHY i keep saying you just dont pass him up cause he has all those traits you just mentioned which are more valuable than size.:cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

He is about the size of Wilson. You can pick up a Wilson type QB in the second or third round. Waste an overall number one on Manziel? I don't think so.

If Wilson were available in the draft right now, I would not take him as an overall number one

I'm thinking Johnnie Football would fare better in the AFC than the NFC. It seems to me that the better corners and safeties are in the NFC.

oh yeah the AFC is so weak I think he would do well in that conference a couple years from now.The Texans,Jags and the Browns will be one of the teams he winds up with.i again am hoping the raiders take him so when I see him play twice a year when my chargers face them.

I agree, Luck was a once in a generation QB, Manziel, maybe good but he isn't a sure pick, Clowney is a anchor for a defense and a problem for any offense he goes up against.

you and me both.This guy so far has only shown me that he follows his predesser up in Indy that when he gets to the playoffs,he chokes.I figured after he screwed up and threw all those interceptions against the chiefs that surely he would be much more careful the next time against the pats.Little did i know how wrong i would be. If he had just thrown the ball away all those times instead of being stupid trying to force it in there,they would have had a much better chance of winning that game.:cuckoo: He is still young but so far,im not impressed with him at all like I am with wilson and RG 3 before he got hurt.

I'd still take Luck over Johnny.
Luck's still young and I believe he has the ability to get better. Was he a world beater last year? Absolutely not,but he did show he can be a top notch QB.

[OTE=Samson;8927140]

Frankly all this noise about size seems to be only a red herring, diverting attention from other key components of successful quarterbacks: Scrambing Talent, speed, intelligence, ice under pressure, passion to win, loyalty of team, great receivers.

i mentioned that earlier,put agent rightwinger whenever he is cornered,played dodgeball like he always does and ignored it when i shot down that argument of his size.:D thats WHY i keep saying you just dont pass him up cause he has all those traits you just mentioned which are more valuable than size.:cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

Seattle didnt win because of Wilson. Few undersized QBs win in the NFL which is why the Texans wont gamble on Johnny.

I remember hearing a couple years ago from a friend of mine to look out for a guy known as Johnny Football and I never forgot his name because what he told me blew me away.

That he was at some stadium and before a live crowd, he threw a football from the VERY TOP of the stadium nosebleed seats in the upper level and made a basket through the hoop of basketball goal they had on the stadium.Not once,but TWICE!!!!

Once you can chalk it up to a miracle fluke but TWICE!!!! no way.the guy is an extremely rare talent.from what all the experts are saying,they expect the texans to pass on him though.:cuckoo: I guess they must not be aware of that amazing accomplishment he achived. Kurt Warner also thinks basically thinks they are crazy pretty much if they pass up on him.listen to his comments.

YouTube

Kurt Warner: Johnny Manziel is top QB in draft - YouTube

Good thing he was in the nosebleed seats. If you put in the lower tier he wouldnt be able to see above the rim.
No doubt the guy is accurate,but we saw what happened to RG III.
Scrambling QB's eventually get killed,especially one's as small as Johnny.
The Texans will take Clowney in the first because there are no QBs worth a first in this years draft.
Just look at Brady,he was picked 199 over all.

but thats what I keep saying,the last time the NFL drafted a quarterback in a late round that turned out to be great before wilson was brady and that was like what,15 years ago?.:D the risk is just too great. you want to merely just make the playoffs and never get to the superbowl,take clowney then.having a great QB and a so so QB can only take you so far,it cant get you to the big dance that is unless you have the best special teams in the league which is how ther bears did it last time,great defense and the best special teams in the NFL.

There are more QBs picked in later rounds that went to the Super Bowl then 1.1 picks over the years.

[OTE=Samson;8927140]

i mentioned that earlier,put agent rightwinger whenever he is cornered,played dodgeball like he always does and ignored it when i shot down that argument of his size.:D thats WHY i keep saying you just dont pass him up cause he has all those traits you just mentioned which are more valuable than size.:cuckoo:

Seattle didnt win because of Wilson. Few undersized QBs win in the NFL which is why the Texans wont gamble on Johnny.[/QUOTE]

[OTE=Samson;8927140]

Seattle didnt win because of Wilson. Few undersized QBs win in the NFL which is why the Texans wont gamble on Johnny.
[/QUOTE]

Manziel= Doug Flutie

If he is lucky

Manziel= Doug Flutie

If he is lucky[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Forum List

Back