🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texans are fools to pass up on Johnny Football.here is why.

I would not risk an overall #1 on Manziel. If you want an undersized QB you can get one in the second round

A player like Clowney comes around every five years or so. If they want a stretch, take Khalil Mack...he will be a better player than Manziel

If size mattered as much as this thread has emphasises it could, then how did Manziel play out the last season?

How different in size are Manziel and Wilson?

:eusa_hand:

Frankly all this noise about size seems to be only a red herring, diverting attention from other key components of successful quarterbacks: Scrambing Talent, speed, intelligence, ice under pressure, passion to win, loyalty of team, great receivers.

I remember hearing a couple years ago from a friend of mine to look out for a guy known as Johnny Football and I never forgot his name because what he told me blew me away.

That he was at some stadium and before a live crowd, he threw a football from the VERY TOP of the stadium nosebleed seats in the upper level and made a basket through the hoop of basketball goal they had on the stadium.Not once,but TWICE!!!!

Once you can chalk it up to a miracle fluke but TWICE!!!! no way.the guy is an extremely rare talent.from what all the experts are saying,they expect the texans to pass on him though.:cuckoo: I guess they must not be aware of that amazing accomplishment he achived. Kurt Warner also thinks basically thinks they are crazy pretty much if they pass up on him.listen to his comments.

YouTube

Kurt Warner: Johnny Manziel is top QB in draft - YouTube

Good thing he was in the nosebleed seats. If you put in the lower tier he wouldnt be able to see above the rim.
No doubt the guy is accurate,but we saw what happened to RG III.
Scrambling QB's eventually get killed,especially one's as small as Johnny.
The Texans will take Clowney in the first because there are no QBs worth a first in this years draft.
Just look at Brady,he was picked 199 over all.

I would not risk an overall #1 on Manziel. If you want an undersized QB you can get one in the second round

A player like Clowney comes around every five years or so. If they want a stretch, take Khalil Mack...he will be a better player than Manziel

If size mattered as much as this thread has emphasises it could, then how did Manziel play out the last season?

Frankly all this noise about size seems to be only a red herring, diverting attention from other key components of successful quarterbacks: Scrambing Talent, speed, intelligence, ice under pressure, passion to win, loyalty of team, great receivers.

He wasnt playing against NFL quality players.
While scrambling is a good quality to have you still need to be able to sit in the pocket,you cant run an offense with that ability alone.

While scrambling is a good quality to have you still need to be able to sit in the pocket,you cant run an offense with that ability alone.

In college football they don't allow saccing a quarterback?

In college football college players don't play defensive linemen?

Try Again.

Try Again.

So you're saying college players are as good as pro's? You do realize most college players dont make it to the NFL right?

Try Again.

So you're saying college players are as good as pro's? You do realize most college players dont make it to the NFL right?

Lemme 'splain somethin to you:

In college, quarterbacks get sacced.

TAMU's offensive line may have been the best in the SEC during 2013, but that didn't mean LSU, Alabama, and Auburn had a bunch of pussies running defense against them.

Try thinking a little deeper than the obvious: It won't make your ears bleed.

Get the picture now?

The fact that you debate whether Manziel will be a good NFL QB or not, means he is not the first pick in the draft.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

The fact that you debate whether Manziel will be a good NFL QB or not, means he is not the first pick in the draft.

Deep Thoughts.

Perhaps I should more actively debate whether or not Hillary will be our next President...thereby insuring she will not be, simply be virtue of the fact that it is debateable.

Try Again.

TAMU's offensive line may have been the best in the SEC during 2013, but that didn't mean LSU, Alabama, and Auburn had a bunch of pussies running defense against them.

Get the picture now?

You can bet Johnny will get "sacked" way more often in the NFL.
And as small as he is you can bet he'll be get broke,just like RGIII.
And the Texans have a history of taking BPA,and I expect that to continue.
There isn't a single QB in this years draft worth the first pick and I expect the Texans to go with Clowney and pick up a QB with the 33 pick or possibly work a trade with the Patriots for Mallett.
And Johnny doesnt fit what O'brien considers his ideal QB and since the guy is considered a genius when it comes to offense and QBs? I'll take his word over some guy on the internet.

Get the picture now?

There isn't a single QB in this years draft worth the first pick and I expect the Texans to go with Clowney and pick up a QB with the 33 pick or possibly work a trade with the Patriots for Mallett.
And Johnny doesnt fit what O'brien considers his ideal QB and since the guy is considered a genius when it comes to offense and QBs? I'll take his word over some guy on the internet.

Well, I attempted to let you try to turn the page on your script, and the best you could do was repeat an regurgitate the same hackneyed blather about size.

Stick to your comfort zone.

bottles is considered a better prospect than Manziel. Manziel is a run then throw QB, it doesn't work real well. He is short, which doesn't mean he won't be good but name all the short QB's that are top tier QBs.

He has never been in a pro-style offense, he already is carrying baggage from his last collegiate year. He gets rattled under pressure. His Wonderlic score is good but the NFL doesn't fit his style. Tebow was a good college QB and couldn't make it.

He may prove me wrong but I don't see him as a first pick. Vince Young was a sure no fire miss, where is he?

Get the picture now?

Well, I attempted to let you try to turn the page on your script, and the best you could do was repeat an regurgitate the same hackneyed blather about size.

Are you an Aggie?
Script? Dude,you haven't said anything other then your opinion.
1.1 QBs fail more often then not. Stop being an ignoranus.

Exactly. I dont see any QBs worth a first pick this year.
And Seattle won with good D,not because Wilson is a stand out QB.

Yep, without the D Seattle was finished. Their D came up big all day, almost every game.

Are you an Aggie?

Here's another opinion: I'm astonished you could write a post without the word "small" included.

That's you're "genius."

bottles is considered a better prospect than Manziel. Manziel is a run then throw QB, it doesn't work real well. He is short, which doesn't mean he won't be good but name all the short QB's that are top tier QBs.

He has never been in a pro-style offense, he already is carrying baggage from his last collegiate year. He gets rattled under pressure. His Wonderlic score is good but the NFL doesn't fit his style. Tebow was a good college QB and couldn't make it.

He may prove me wrong but I don't see him as a first pick. Vince Young was a sure no fire miss, where is he?

I would take Bortles over Johnny all day and on Sunday. But he isnt worth the 1.1 pick either.
The only stand out short QB right now that I can think of is Drew Brees.
In this draft you take the BPA even if you need a QB ...and thats Clowney.

Are you an Aggie?

Here's another opinion: I'm astonished you could write a post without the word "small" included.

That's you're "genius."

Are you an Aggie?

Continue to parrot the blogs from Jeric Griffin.

I'll believe the seasoned warrior's opinions:

“I think Manziel is a Russell Wilson-type player. He doesn’t have the height; he has a strong arm and he throws with accuracy. I just think there’s something about this kid. I think Manziel is going to be a valuable player in the NFL.”- Roger Staubach

Continue to parrot the blogs from Jeric Griffin.

I'll believe the seasoned warrior's opinions:

“I think Manziel is a Russell Wilson-type player. He doesn’t have the height; he has a strong arm and he throws with accuracy. I just think there’s something about this kid. I think Manziel is going to be a valuable player in the NFL.”- Roger Staubach

He "might" turn out to be another Drew Brees. But thats unlikely.
You dont make your decision on the first pick in the draft on a hunch.
Obviously if you have someone like Luck out there you take him,but Johnny is not close to Luck in ability.
And I'll ask for the third time,are you an Aggie?

I'm a Texans fan, and as one I hope they pick Clowney first, then pray that Bortles is left for the second round.

Better yet, trade up and get them both in the first round.

Forum List

Back