Texas Bathroom Bill: Did a Lesbian speak in favor, arguing Transgender females aren't real WOMEN?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Help! I was trying to find a citation or source for an excerpt I heard on the radio. A woman who identified as lesbian was arguing in FAVOR of the Texas Bathroom Bill, enforcing bathroom segregation based on birth certificate gender. The statement I thought she had said was "if transgender women were REAL women, they'd understand" the concerns or risks to women, presumably of letting men in the women's restrooms.

I looked online but can't find this statement anywhere.
It is only reported where LGBT statements oppose the bathroom segregation bill.

All I found is references to "radical feminists" arguing that transgender men turned women ARE NOT REAL WOMEN AND HAVE NO LICENSE TO CLAIM TO BE VICTIMS BECAUSE THEY STILL HAVE MALE PRIVILEGE.

The Dispute Between Radical Feminism and Transgenderism

^ ANY COMMENTS ON THAT TAKE ON THIS ISSUE? ^

CAN ANYONE FIND THE REFERENCE TO A WOMAN/LESBIAN SPEAKING TO THE ISSUE IN FAVOR OF THE PROPOSED TEXAS BATHROOM BILL:

Texas 'bathroom bill': Legislation advances after testy, lengthy debate - CNNPolitics.com

Texas' controversial 'bathroom bill' cleared its first hurdle — here's what you need to know about it

Funny how this is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Interesting point!
Ironically it's the opposite.
Instead of insisting it's the other that's "black" when they both are, the "pots and kettles" don't agree what defines
what is a "pot or a kettle." And saying the other doesn't have the right to define or claim it in a way that conflicts with their definition or claim.

This is similar to the definition of marriage debate. And how a radical feminist also argued against marriage as an oppressive institution and not something that LGBT advocates should be seeking!

Marriage – Against Equality

Lesbian Activist’s Surprisingly Candid Speech: Gay Marriage Fight Is a ‘Lie’ to Destroy Marriage

It would make sense that a Lesbian would be uncomfortable with a beta-male, transvestite in the same bathroom since Lesbians by definition often have never come to terms with their penis envy.

She is right...lesbian or not. If you are not born a woman and then have surgery and drugs to turn you into one, you are still not a woman. Period.

Just my opinion....your own mileage may vary.

10314467_10204410718208112_7020465832179774458_n.jpg

Good points everyone.
I don't think that has to be in conflict with a policy
that "allows exceptions" *WHEN THE PEOPLE IN A SCHOOL OR INSTITUTION APPROVE THOSE EXCEPTIONS* but otherwise to keep enforcing the DEFAULT policy that men's restrooms and facilities are for males, and women's are for females.

The LGBT is trying to make a generalized rule and BYPASS the courtesy of ASKING permission for individuals with special needs who don't fit the "birth certificate rule."

There was at least one place I read about somewhere, that only enforced restrictions on "no men in the women's restrooms" but left the men's restrooms open to either gender being able to choose to use those.

What do you think of that. Just restricting the women's restroom to biological women who PRESENT as women (not people born women who now present as male who aren't forced to be in there and/or aren't allowed).

And allowing the men's restroom to be used for unisex since not all places can afford to renovate and create unisex/neutral rooms or stalls to accommodate neutral/unisex usage.

Help! I was trying to find a citation or source for an excerpt I heard on the radio. A woman who identified as lesbian was arguing in FAVOR of the Texas Bathroom Bill, enforcing bathroom segregation based on birth certificate gender. The statement I thought she had said was "if transgender women were REAL women, they'd understand" the concerns or risks to women, presumably of letting men in the women's restrooms.

All I found is references to "radical feminists" arguing that transgender men turned women ARE NOT REAL WOMEN AND HAVE NO LICENSE TO CLAIM TO BE VICTIMS BECAUSE THEY STILL HAVE MALE PRIVILEGE.

CAN ANYONE FIND THE REFERENCE TO A WOMAN/LESBIAN SPEAKING TO THE ISSUE IN FAVOR OF THE PROPOSED TEXAS BATHROOM BILL:

Texas 'bathroom bill': Legislation advances after testy, lengthy debate - CNNPolitics.com

Texas' controversial 'bathroom bill' cleared its first hurdle — here's what you need to know about it
Really Emily is this what You spend most of your daylight hours thinking about ......!!!!!!!God Forbid

Really Emily is this what You spend most of your daylight hours thinking about ......!!!!!!!God Forbid

Emily is brilliant and has earned my respect .. :thewave:

Yet, sometimes I feel like ticking her off just to get the short, grunt level opinion..

...the ultimate challenge would be to get her to say a dirty word...:FIREdevil:

Forum List

Back