Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids

While I can totally understand the motive and righteous anger of the father who shot the drunk driver?

He is going to (and ought to) stand trial for murder.

Here's something to at least consider...

...it is entirely possible that the drunk wasn't the CAUSE of the accident.

Now if THAT is the case, would you still think that father had the right to murder the drunk?

Killing, when is it justified?

Intimate threat.

In accordance with due process in some states and the federal government.

Those, in my opinion, are the only two legal ways for ANYONE to kill anyone else.

While I can totally understand the motive and righteous anger of the father who shot the drunk driver?

Now if THAT is the case, would you still think that father had the right to murder the drunk?
His BAL registered at 1.75. He was drunker than a skunk.

What if it turns out Barajas (the dad) is an illegal immigrant?

Then it will be another in a long list of incidents just like this. Like the illegal here who got drunk and crashed into a car full of nuns killing 3. He was waiting for deportation. Thanks ICE. (This comment was for the drunk driver not the dad).

deportation? why wasnt he executed?

Why wasn't our borders closed?
Why is Obama president?

There's a lot of that going around.

Then it will be another in a long list of incidents just like this. Like the illegal here who got drunk and crashed into a car full of nuns killing 3. He was waiting for deportation. Thanks ICE. (This comment was for the drunk driver not the dad).

deportation? why wasnt he executed?

Why wasn't our borders closed?
Why is Obama president?

There's a lot of that going around.

Deportations have gone up under Obama. Your point?

This man should be set free immediately. Heat of the moment.

Texas Dad Accused of Murdering Drunk Driver Who Killed Kids - ABC News

A Texas father, who watched a drunk driver strike and kill his two young sons, has been charged with murder after allegedly shooting the driver in the head moments after the accident.

David Barajas, 31, was charged with murder on Monday, more than two months after his sons David Jr., 12, and Caleb, 11, were killed steps from their home on a rural road outside Houston on Dec. 7.

While it is deplorable that anyone would kill someone instead of letting the government fix things and yada, yada, yada, good for him.

I hope the jury lets him go.

It's Texas. No jury will convict him.

What if it turns out Banda is an illegal immigrant?

Yup.

There was that guy who was recorded on a 911 tape telling the lady he was going to leave his house and murder the 2 guys who were breaking into his neighbors house. He wasn't even charged with a crime.

I bet the father walks.

He was not charged with a crime because, despite the idiotic advice from the dispatcher, what he did is legal.

I'm just glad I don't live in that county, I wouldn't want to be on that jury.

I'd walk into the Jury Room and announce "I'm voting "Not Guilty". Anyone disagree?"

I can't think of any extenuating evidence that would change my mind on the "Not Guilty" front.

The mere fact that he just saw a drunk kill his children actually counts as extenuating circumstances in every state in the union. It might not justify it legally, but it still counts as extenuation.

Last edited:
This isn't justice. When did our society lose the concept of justice? Vengeance is not justice.

I can understand the desire this man had to kill the man who killed his children. I can understand the anger and pain that would drive someone to do this. But it's not justice.

If vengeance is not justice why is our criminal justice system built around the concept of vengeance?

This isn't justice. When did our society lose the concept of justice? Vengeance is not justice.

I can understand the desire this man had to kill the man who killed his children. I can understand the anger and pain that would drive someone to do this. But it's not justice.

I re-read the entire thread, and saw no mention of anybody thinking this was justice. In my mind, there was no thinking. His children were slaughtered, and he returned fire. I would not be able to enter a guilty vote.

Please ignore my last reply to you.

His BAL registered at 1.75. He was drunker than a skunk.

yep,

father has every right to murder a invader.

I don't think any parent should be held accountable after watching their children killed like that.
Well, we are either a nation of laws or we aren't. Since he didn't let the justice system handle the problem and took it into his own hands, a jury will have to decide whether he committed an act of murder in cold blood, in the heat of passion, and whether he is competent to know right from wrong. After that, information is weighed by the jury and makes its recommendations to the bench. I hope he gets as good a lawyer as Gerry Spence.

Newsflash, we stopped being a nation of laws when Congress passed enough laws that everyone commits a felony every day. We are at least three times worse than that right now.

I agree with you both. I have had personal experience with a friend in high school being killed by a drunk driver that had hit someone a couple of years previously and was still doing it all again.
My sis was hit by a drunk driver when she was 16 head on and had head injuries, broken bones. She has never been the same since. I can understand the rage he felt, but understand the courts have to decide.

The courts do not decide. That mentality is the biggest problem we have in this country, Ultimately, it comes down to a jury of the people, so the people are the ones that decide.

Forum List

Back