🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texas DOES have a right to secede according to those who know the law and Constitution

it would be like any other American who paid SS and lives in another country, they would still be paid
That's fine people who already qualified. But if you don't have 40 quarters, you might be hard pressed to get a work visa in the US.

That is impressive but Texas might just decide they don’t give a damn what SCOTUS rules. If Texas secedes it will feel rulings by American courts are irrelevant.

I doubt Texas will leave the Union but I am not certain they will stay. If Texas leaves other states may join Texas or leave on their own.

They can try to leave, but they still have to pay taxes.

Hmm, I’ve heard differently. I think Texas has the right to split up into like 6 different states, which would give them many more Senators.
They would have to gerrymander really well to keep 40% of them from turning blue.

And with 110 senators, it would still take 60 of them to overcome the filibuster. and 55/56 of them to pass a bill.

What about the sensible people who don't want to swear allegiance to the new confederacy and forsake their American citizenship? A new confederacy would damned sure have slaves.
Then they leave and move to the U.S. before they lose their U.S. citizenship.....................unless........Texas gets nervous about the "brain drain" and puts up a wall to keep people in.

They can try to leave, but they still have to pay taxes.
I’m sure the Union would try to force the New Texas nation to pay taxes. I’m not sure the residents of the new state would comply.

The late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia once wrote, “If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

The only way a state could secede is if the other 49 states agree to it.

Otherwise, it's war.

I’m sure the Union would try to force the New Texas nation to pay taxes. I’m not sure the residents of the new state would comply.
I have to remind you of one simple fact. Joe Biden has the nukes to convince Texas to comply.
Also all military personnel in Texas are still subject to the UCMJ, and all military bases stationed in Texas are still US property and under US control.

Try to change that, and that's where the nukes come in.

Then they leave and move to the U.S. before they lose their U.S. citizenship.....................unless........Texas gets nervous about the "brain drain" and puts up a wall to keep people in.
A single-party fascist state cannot exist without an underclass that has little or no actual rights. Any time I hear anyone talking about seceding surely they think they will be part of the elite political class rather than the poor slobs who will find themselves working the fields at gunpoint.

The United States owns almost 3 million acres of land that Texas would have to buy.

I doubt that any state would leave the union. California has a group wanting to leave the union as well. It is almost impossible and both Texas and California would experience more trouble than they realize as far as economically.

Sure they can. What's stopping them from starting the process? They need to get crackin'
Yes they should. It just might lead to the end of the empire. Nothing could be more beneficial for Americans and the entire world.

As was said, it's illegal to secede, already decided over a century ago in Texas v White (USSC) 1869.

Only if a state goes through the process of getting constitutional approval (by amendment, or similar) to leave, the peoples US citizenship would remain, until they revoked citizenship, in order to pledge allegiance to a foreign power.
Show us the law, passed by Congress, that makes secession illegal.

The late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia once wrote, “If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

Otherwise, it's war.
Wasn't this tried before?

Like in the 1860s?

How'd that work out?

Otherwise, it's war.
Only 3/4th of the states have to agree....and I wager it wouldn't take much for blue states to be con-vinced.

If such a thing as a Texass secession were to occur, I would strongly urge all women and minorities to GTFO as soon as possible.
Yes. It would look like all the educated and reasonable people fleeing Afghanistan. The only people left would be the guys with guns and the suckers who thought they were going to be free. .

Forum List

Back