🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Texas DOES have a right to secede according to those who know the law and Constitution

You think that you'd be smart enough to know that Texas wouldn't be allowed to go until all their outstanding bills are paid.
I'd let them go if they take Trump, his supporters, anti-vaxxers, neo-nazis, climate deniers, religious wackos, and other assorted right wing nut jobs with them. It would be addition by subtraction. They already live in some alternate bizarro world reality as it is.

A single-party fascist state cannot exist without an underclass that has little or no actual rights. Any time I hear anyone talking about seceding surely they think they will be part of the elite political class rather than the poor slobs who will find themselves working the fields at gunpoint.
"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect"... - Frank Wilhoit

Perhaps this link will help. The article is by Andrew Napolitano dated 09/02/2021.

I have been writing for years asking if we still have the U.S. Constitution. That issue has come into sharper focus in the past 18 months as mayors and governors have created dictatorial powers and exercised those powers to interfere with personal autonomy in America. They have done this in utter disregard for the freedoms protected by the Constitution they have sworn to uphold by asserting that public health trumps personal liberty

***snip***

The underlying value here is that because the Constitution is a voluntary compact, those states that formed it and joined it voluntarily have the sovereign power to leave it.

Nullification and secession as ideas were cast aside by the Supreme Court and by the outcome of the War Between the States. But the defeat of an idea — politically, legally or even militarily — cannot always bury the idea permanently. When an idea's time has come, nothing can stop it.

Jefferson and Madison believed that the Constitution protects the right to leave the government whenever it interferes with or fails to protect fundamental liberties. The very idea of secession terrifies government, whether it be the feds or the states, because — if successful — it diminishes government power and income.

While that sounds good I want to know if it can happen.
At this point I'd be more than happy to leave the US.

In 1974, I traded a 1963 Ford Galaxy that was in pretty good shape for a half acre of land. The guy polished it up and stored it in a garage, and only drove it occasionally on weekends, and lately only in parades and car shows. Using your logic, I have the right to take back my agreement and exchange that half acre to get that car back.
So using your logic, then you think if a woman is in a bad marriage and that her husband uses and abuses her, that she can't leave him either?

I'd let them go if they take Trump, his supporters, anti-vaxxers, neo-nazis, climate deniers, religious wackos, and other assorted right wing nut jobs with them. It would be addition by subtraction. They already live in some alternate bizarro world reality as it is.
Most of them would stay in America out of spite. In short order Texas would stop the only kind of immigrant they would get: Fat slobs with a van full of guns, no education, no money and the expectation that things will be perfect in a conservative utopia.

So using your logic, then you think if a woman is in a bad marriage and that her husband uses and abuses her, that she can't leave him either?
She's like the hotel california.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Until there is a divorce or legal separation, the wife is still on the hook for any debts the husband runs up. So texas could leave, but they still have to pay income tax.

Ok, yeah, there's no prohibition to secession in the Constitution.

Now, show me the law, the actual law that makes secession illegal. We'll wait...
It's the law of "Fuck no we ain't doing this again". Attempting to steal a state full of federal property and infrastructure would be stopped if they had to send in the army and arrest the entire state government. Does not have to be a specific law against it when there is no valid way to do it.

She's like the hotel california.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Until there is a divorce or legal separation, the wife is still on the hook for any debts the husband runs up. So texas could leave, but they still have to pay income tax.
No problem there either as what Biden is doing is killing the US $$$$$----it is shooting down in value and with in 10 years will be worth almost nothing. Texas should pay them with promises promises like Biden does the rest of us for any debt that the rest of the nation thinks it is owed...Texas does not owe them shit.

It's the law of "Fuck no we ain't doing this again". Attempting to steal a state full of federal property and infrastructure would be stopped if they had to send in the army and arrest the entire state government. Does not have to be a specific law against it when there is no valid way to do it.
There's no such thing as the law of "fuck no we ain't doing this again". That isn't how our republic works.

If you arrest someone, there absolutely has to be law against it. Have you ever read the fucking 5th Amendment??

Texas DOES have a right to secede according to those who know the law and Constitution

Andrew Napolitano is an attorney who has studied the US Constitution and he says that Lincoln was wrong to go to war to keep the states together, that they have a right to secede

it makes sense

when the country was being formed, the leaders needed all the states to ratify the Union and Constitution

if they have the right to agree to it, they have the right to take back their agreement.. the right to secede... Remember the words of the early documents... that if, after a long string of usurpations... people find it necessary to throw off the bonds... (I will get the exact words soon but you know them or should .)
Those who believe that the states have the right to unilaterally secede from the United States are ignorant of the law and know nothing about the Constitution (see Texas v. White (1868)).

That’s why there was no such thing as the ‘confederacy’; no state ‘seceded’ from the Union.

The ‘South’ was nothing more than states engaged in lawless, treasonous rebellion.

There's no such thing as the law of "fuck no we ain't doing this again". That isn't how our republic works.

If you arrest someone, there absolutely has to be law against it. Have you ever read the fucking 5th Amendment??
The confederacy will not be allowed rise again. There's way more legal justification for putting down a rebellion than there is for a bunch of hard right assholes to steal an entire state. You can't have a divorce now get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich.

The late U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia once wrote, “If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

The only way a state could secede is if the other 49 states agree to it.

Otherwise, it's war.
Correct.

There’s also another issue: American citizens cannot have their citizenship taken from them against their will absent due process.

That a majority of residents of a state might vote to secede, or a state legislature votes to secede, doesn’t constitute due process; citizens can’t vote to deprive their fellow citizens of their citizenship.

Voting to secede is in essence renouncing your American citizenship, and unless 100 percent of the residents of the state agree to do that, then there’ll be no secession.

Moreover, American citizens who oppose secession in a state seeking to secede cannot be forced to leave the state.

Andrew Napolitano is an attorney who has studied the US Constitution and he says that Lincoln was wrong to go to war to keep the states together, that they have a right to secede

it makes sense

when the country was being formed, the leaders needed all the states to ratify the Union and Constitution

if they have the right to agree to it, they have the right to take back their agreement.. the right to secede... Remember the words of the early documents... that if, after a long string of usurpations... people find it necessary to throw off the bonds... (I will get the exact words soon but you know them or should .)

Do it. Just do it.

Forum List

Back