Texas Open-Carry, Boys and their Deadly Toys.

Hmmm..Japan isn't the country with the most suicide.....Greenland is or was...but...favorite method of suicide in Japan.....hanging....and they do it at twice the rate we do...good thing we don't have any rope here in the U.S...if we get rid of guns no one will kill themselves....
Suicide is a well-respected tradition in their culture, not ours. Without a gun suicide is a great deal more work. When the guns go suicides go down. That's reality.

No...obviously not...they kill themselves at twice our rate without guns....and if someone here rally wants to kill themselves they will do it, gun or not...

accidental car deaths 2013... Over 35,000

accidental gun deaths 2013.... 505

Yeah...in a country of over 320 million, American gun owners are very responsible....
Suicides by guns, 20 to 21K. But hey, at least you're only shooting yourselves.

and in Japan, if you do the math that would be 42,000 suicides....and no guns...

There you go again thinking we give a shit how someone ends their own life.
I mean seriously does the method really matter?
Yes...

Why?

He's afraid of guns, probably someone close to him was killed by gun, so he wants to punish all those who own one.
I own guns, but unlike you little morons I don't treat them like toys to be taken to the Walmart.

Huh ? You've always said you want guns banned, now you claim you actually own them.
You're fucking nuts.

No, he is a typical liberal....he wants guns but doesn't think any other human is as good as he is...he thinks other people are lower than him and can't be trusted with what he has...they need to be controlled...and he should be the one making the decisions for them...typical left wing asshole...

My mother worked with a girl whose boyfriend broke up with her...she decided to commit suicide...she parked her car in an isolated parking lot and poured gasoline over herself and the interior of the car...lit a match and died.....she wrote a note to her family...and her boss's and coworkers...she used gas because she didn't want anyone to be able to stop her, and she didn't want to chicken out.......

Moron...

So..in Greenland, they also have a higher Suisse rate than us.....their most common method...hanging...and they have access to guns as well....so...again....you are wrong....people who plan on committing suicide want to kill themselves....they will do it with guns or without....

There you go again thinking we give a shit how someone ends their own life.
I mean seriously does the method really matter?
Yes...

Why?
Because suicides can be prevented, if the methods of suicide are made more difficult. The harder it is, the less often it happens. Guns are easy, that's why so many die by them.

And I just told you why thats bullshit.
Only you're wrong.

Remove the guns and we take a big bite our of this: Facts and Figures

Okay....again, you are wrong.....

If what you believe was true than guns would be the most popular way to commit suicide in countries with guns...right? That is the crap you are putting out.....and you are wrong...in countries with access to guns the most popular method of Suicide is hanging.....and this is in countries outside of Japan that do not have a "culture" of committing suicide...unless Lithuania, Greenland, Poland and Russia have a secret culture of Seppuku that we don't know about...

25 Countries With The Highest Suicide Rates In The World

methods

WHO Methods of suicide international suicide patterns derived from the WHO mortality

Results

Hanging was the predominant method of suicide in most countries included in the analysis (Table 1). The highest proportions were around 90% in men and 80% in women, as observed in eastern Europe (i.e. Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Romania). There were a number of deviations from the predominant pattern. As might be expected, firearm suicide was the most common method in the United States, but was also prevalent in Argentina, Switzerland and Uruguay, although only men used this method in Switzerland. Jumping from a height (designated as falls in the figures) plays an important role in small, predominantly urban societies such as Hong Kong SAR, Luxembourg and Malta. In contrast, in rural Latin American countries (e.g. El Salvador, Nicaragua and Peru), Asian countries (e.g. the Republic of Korea and Thailand) and also in Portugal, poisoning with pesticides was a major problem, notably among women. Poisoning with drugs was common in women from Canada, the Nordic countries and the United Kingdom. It also played an important role in male suicide in these countries.

The well-known differences between men’s and women’s preferred suicide methods can also be seen in Table 1. Violent and highly lethal methods such as firearm suicide and hanging are more frequent among men, whereas women often choose poisoning or drowning, which are less violent and less lethal.

database

My mother worked with a girl whose boyfriend broke up with her...she decided to commit suicide...she parked her car in an isolated parking lot and poured gasoline over herself and the interior of the car...lit a match and died.....she wrote a note to her family...and her boss's and coworkers...she used gas because she didn't want anyone to be able to stop her, and she didn't want to chicken out.......

Moron...
I never there wouldn't be suicides, dumbass. I said the numbers drop when the guns do, which is true.

Moron...
I never there wouldn't be suicides, dumbass. I said the numbers drop when the guns do, which is true.

Moron...we don't even show up on the top 25 countries for suicide...and Russia......less access to guns, and no cultural affinity for Seppuku, and they hand and poison themselves.....you are wrong....moron....

So..in Greenland, they also have a higher Suisse rate than us.....their most common method...hanging...and they have access to guns as well....so...again....you are wrong....people who plan on committing suicide want to kill themselves....they will do it with guns or without....
Potentially, but if you make it harder to do it happens less often. This isn't rocket science, you just hate the fact that your deadly toys are suicide machines.

Moron...we don't even show up on the top 25 countries for suicide...
Which matters not a damn in this case. I'm not talking suicide anywhere but here, and only suicide by firearms. The price of tea in China also doesn't matter, and neither does their suicide rate.

Which matters not a damn in this case. I'm not talking suicide anywhere but here, and only suicide by firearms. The price of tea in China also doesn't matter, and neither does their suicide rate.

Oh....so you have been proven wrong...now change the subject...too late...

They banned guns in Britain in 1997...so according to you the suicide rate should go down...they do not have a culture of Seppuku, like Japan....right? They have less access to guns....Right? And the suicide rate has gone up....not down...and the favored methods...hanging, strangulation and suffocation....

Number of suicides in UK increases with male rate highest since 2001 Society The Guardian

Potentially, but if you make it harder to do it happens less often. This isn't rocket science, you just hate the fact that your deadly toys are suicide machines.

No...apparently rope is the suicide machine....all over the world.....you hate the fact that you are completely wrong...but as a lefty you should be used to that......

Oh....so you have been proven wrong...now change the subject...too late...

They banned guns in Britain in 1997...so according to you the suicide rate should go down...they do not have a culture of Seppuku, like Japan....right? They have less access to guns....Right? And the suicide rate has gone up....not down...and the favored methods...hanging and poison

Number of suicides in UK increases with male rate highest since 2001 Society The Guardian
How are the suicide by gun numbers, lower maybe? Great.

As for the rise in the rate, 4% but it had been dropping, aging population, bad economy, loss of religious faith, higher rates of untreated depression, the end of the Spice Girls, there are many factors that make up what causes suicides. That doesn't change the fact that the harder it is the less often it happens.

Last edited:

No...apparently rope is the suicide machine....all over the world.....you hate the fact that you are completely wrong...but as a lefty you should be used to that......
You seem to be having an issue here, we're discussing guns, not rope, or tampons, or cat littler. Got it now?

Forty four states allow open carry --- so, now it's forty five. Sounds like the will of the people to me.
The will of the people is for much stricter gun control, and we've been blocked from having it for decades.
Hardly,so tell us why every time you clowns pass or try and pass BS laws you take an ass kicking at the ballot box?? You know the will of the people and all.

Forty four states allow open carry --- so, now it's forty five. Sounds like the will of the people to me.
The will of the people is for much stricter gun control, and we've been blocked from having it for decades.
Hardly,so tell us why every time you clowns pass or try and pass BS laws you take an ass kicking at the ballot box?? You know the will of the people and all.
The gun nuts are highly organized, the gun control folks aren't. You boys love your deadly toys and rally to support them. It's an obsession for you. It's not hard to work out.

You seem to be having an issue here, we're discussing guns, not rope, or tampons, or cat littler. Got it now?

No....you made the point...smugly, that guns are why our suicide rate is high and if we got rid of guns our suicide rate would go down...you argument.......

This did not prove true in Australia, which also banned guns.......

Trends in hanging and firearm suicide rates in Australia substitution of method - PubMed - NCBI

When the firearm suicide rate for Australian males declined the hanging rate increased simultaneously, with no statistical difference in the rate of change of the two methods.

The gun nuts are highly organized, the gun control folks aren't. You boys love your deadly toys and rally to support them. It's an obsession for you. It's not hard to work out.

Oh...the gun grabbers aren't organized...since when....they have bloomberg and all the other anti gunners in hollywood, and the press working for them, they have far more methods of spreading their anti gun message than the pro 2nd Amendment people have and they are still losing.....

Forum List

Back