Texas passes Constitutional Amendment basically banning a State Income Tax.

You're an idiot.
^ dunning effect

Dunning - Krueger effect is that the less intelligent one is the more likely he is to under estimate the intelligence of others and over estimate his own intelligence.

Pre-emptive action aimed at the leftists flooding the state from shithole libnut states like Kalifornia.

Because they won't just turn around and repeal the amendment once they have the majority?
Repealing an amendment goes thru the same process since it is actually amending the Constitution, so it would have to go to the citizens for a vote. Libnuts can't just come in and change the Constitution.

Next?

They amend their Constitution by popular vote?

How lame
I know letting the people have a say in policy upsets Dimwingers. You would rather be told by your handlers what they can and can't do to you.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for supper
Good thing we live in a Representative Republic then, right?
More reason why you don’t put a change to the Constitution up to a popular vote
Why not? Why do you oppose the people of a state having a direct say in how the state is run?

I assume it is because you are unable to think for yourself, and instead rely on political hacks to do our thinking. Typical Dimwinger.

Because Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for supper

Because they won't just turn around and repeal the amendment once they have the majority?

Easier said than done, lady.

Constitution of Texas - Wikipedia

The Constitution of the State of Texas is the document that describes the structure and function of the government of the U.S. state of Texas.

The current document took effect on February 15, 1876, and is the seventh (including the Mexican constitution) constitution in Texas history. The previous six were adopted in 1827 (while Texas was still part of Mexico), 1836 (as the Republic of Texas), 1845, 1861, 1866 and 1869.

The current constitution is 86,936 words long and is the second longest of state constitutions in the United States. The longest state constitution in the United States is Alabama's Constitution which is 388,882 words long.[1] From 1876 to 2017 the legislature proposed 680 constitutional amendments, 498 were approved by the electorate, 179 were defeated, and 3 never made it on the ballot.[2]

Most of the amendments are due to the document's highly restrictive nature: the State of Texas has only those powers explicitly granted to it by the Constitution. However, despite its length, it is not nearly as long as the Alabama Constitution (which has been amended over 800 times despite having been adopted 25 years after Texas' current constitution) nor has it been amended as often as the California Constitution (which, due to provisions allowing amendments via initiative, is subject to frequent revision).

As with many state constitutions, it explicitly provides for the separation of powers and incorporates its bill of rights directly into the text of the constitution (as Article I). The bill of rights is considerably lengthier and more detailed than the federal Bill of Rights, and includes some provisions unique to Texas.​

No I didn't, you're just another highly educated idiot who can't see past his own nose. You read what I said wrong and now you want to blame me fore your fuck up. That's pathetic.
You specifically brought up Kalifornia and trade offs, and claimed those evened things out. I compared those "trade offs" and showed those "trade offs" amount to TX having a tax rate about half of Kalifornia.

That's when you started crawfishing from your "trade off" comment.
I did not make any of those claims, you are making incorrect assumptions. Try reading without reading into.
More crawfishing.
Wow, and I bet you think you're educated....... Wow....... Try again Sparky. :thup:
Funny thing about messageboards..............once you post something and it gets quoted by another poster, it doesn't go away.
I'll ask you the same question I asked the Ding bat. It would appear you're claiming I'm making a comparison that one is better than the other, right? If that's the case I want you to show me exactly where I did that........ The clock's ticking......

I know letting the people have a say in policy upsets Dimwingers. You would rather be told by your handlers what they can and can't do to you.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for supper
Good thing we live in a Representative Republic then, right?
More reason why you don’t put a change to the Constitution up to a popular vote
Why not? Why do you oppose the people of a state having a direct say in how the state is run?

I assume it is because you are unable to think for yourself, and instead rely on political hacks to do our thinking. Typical Dimwinger.

Because Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what’s for supper
How many times will your handlers tell you to post that?

You specifically brought up Kalifornia and trade offs, and claimed those evened things out. I compared those "trade offs" and showed those "trade offs" amount to TX having a tax rate about half of Kalifornia.

That's when you started crawfishing from your "trade off" comment.
I did not make any of those claims, you are making incorrect assumptions. Try reading without reading into.
More crawfishing.
Wow, and I bet you think you're educated....... Wow....... Try again Sparky. :thup:
Funny thing about messageboards..............once you post something and it gets quoted by another poster, it doesn't go away.
I'll ask you the same question I asked the Ding bat. It would appear you're claiming I'm making a comparison that one is better than the other, right? If that's the case I want you to show me exactly where I did that........ The clock's ticking......
The clock's ticking?

:114:

More crawfishing.
The clock's ticking?

Like the Ding bat you're avoiding the question.........

More crawfishing.
The clock's ticking?

Your post is here already. I'm not in the habit of jumping thru hoops because some poster wants to deny what he posted.

Deal with it.

The clock's ticking?

Your post is here already. I'm not in the habit of jumping thru hoops because some poster wants to deny what he posted.

Deal with it.
I just thought you might want to back up your asinine claim with fact, that's all. Nice backpeddle though.......

More crawfishing.
The clock's ticking?

He’s super triggered about this.

Forum List

Back