Texas Police Attack Children At Pool Party

[QU
Bucs is at the part of the program where he just screams "HOW" over and over.

You disapprove of the cops actions but you have no answer on how to deal with unruly suspects.
I said I'd act like the first cop

"ClosedCaption, post: 11565404, member: 25032"]
Bucs is at the part of the program where he just screams "HOW" over and over.

You disapprove of the cops actions but you have no answer on how to deal with unruly suspects.
I said I'd act like the first cop
So youd stand around and not do shit?

Yep. Thats the best way to stop an unruly crowd. See Baltimore.

So youre back to the original schtick then where you just go

seriously.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Im just confirming....thats your answer? Deal with cooperative ones. Ignore the uncooperative ones. Right?

Well....

I see the question "What would you have done" has run the lefties off.

At least ClosedCaption answered. 3 times:

1- " Im not a cop. This isnt about me."
2- "I would've done better."
3- Deal with cooperative ones. Ignore uncooperative ones.

I found an interesting article on this, from the perspective of a former cop.

A Former Cop On What Went Wrong In McKinney

The two officers in this brief video represent two different policing styles, two different mindsets that officers use as they interact with civilians: the Guardian and the Warrior. As a former police officer and current policing scholar, I know that an officer’s mindset has tremendous impact on police/civilian encounters. I’ve described the Guardian and Warrior mindsets at some length here and here; for now, suffice to say that the right mindset can de-escalate tense situations, induce compliance, and increase community trust over the long-term. The kids interacting with the first officer were excited, but not upset; they remained cooperative. Had they gone home at that moment, they’d have a story for their friends and family, but it would be a story that happened to have the police in it rather than being a story about the police.

Number 3 doesnt have quotes for a reason

You dont deny it. Your chicken shit answer EVENTUALLY became "Id do what the other cop did".

The other cop didnt do shit. He spoke to cooperative ones. Ignored uncooperative ones.

I assume thats your answer.

FTA: The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force.

I think what this former cop is saying is.....well you get it

You dont deny it. Your chicken shit answer EVENTUALLY became "Id do what the other cop did".

The other cop didnt do shit. He spoke to cooperative ones. Ignored uncooperative ones.

The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force.

FTA: The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force.

You mean kids who have never been disciplined in their lives...dont respect someone of authority using hard language to tell them what to do? Shocker.

So the answer is....back off and just kinda let people do whatever they want? Hey....worked in Baltimore.

Got it, no harsh language, no raised voice.

Would you like to take a moment to tell us how angry you are about the complete disrespect for the property and privacy rights of those that lived at the complex?

The wrong mindset, on the other hand, can exacerbate a tense encounter, produce resistance, and lead to entirely avoidable violence. It can, and has, caused longterm damage to police/community relations. We shouldn’t be surprised that the kids Corporal Casebolt was yelling at weren’t eager to do what he was ordering them to do—no one likes being cursed at and disrespected in front of their peers, and people of all ages, especially teenagers, resent being treated unjustly. That resentment can lead to resistance, and Police Warriors—taught to exercise unquestioned command over a scene—overcome resistance by using force.

Yeah...read it the first time. No need to repost it in bold.

Undisciplined teens wont respect an authority figure who is uncompromising. No surprise there. The answer then is to compromise? Make cooperation voluntary? Break up fights with hugs and calm pleas of "pretty please with a cherry on top"?

You mean kids who have never been disciplined in their lives...dont respect someone of authority using hard language to tell them what to do? Shocker.

So the answer is....back off and just kinda let people do whatever they want? Hey....worked in Baltimore.

What should officers do in similar situations? For starters, they must realize that the public—even a group of non-compliant teenagers—are not an enemy to be vanquished, but civilians to be protected, to the extent possible, from indignity and harm. A Guardian mindset encourages officers to be “procedurally just,” to ensure that their encounters with civilians are empowering, fair, respectful and considerate. Research of police and military encounters strongly suggests that officers are most effective at fostering goodwill and reducing antagonism when they approach each encounter with the goal of building civilian trust.

Officers should also look out for each other, protecting their colleagues not just from harm, but also from lashing out in anger or frustration. Policing can be intensely stressful, and officers should be trained and encouraged to help their peers deal with stressful situations. When an officer is losing his cool, another officer will often be able to intervene, giving the first a chance to collect himself. That type of peer support isn’t part of modern police culture—particularly not when the officer losing his temper is a supervisor and union official like Corporal Casebolt—but it should be.

Got it, no harsh language, no raised voice.

Would you like to take a moment to tell us how angry you are about the complete disrespect for the property and privacy rights of those that lived at the complex?

Apparently thats right.

Cops arent to use loud voices. Or mean language. No stout posture. Limited direct eye contact. Cooperation should be a negotiation and compromise. Dont be overly...you know...all in chargy and shit. Just be cool bro ya know?

What should officers do in similar situations? For starters, they must realize that the public—even a group of non-compliant teenagers—are not an enemy to be vanquished, but civilians to be protected, to the extent possible, from indignity and harm. A Guardian mindset encourages officers to be “procedurally just,” to ensure that their encounters with civilians are empowering, fair, respectful and considerate. Research of police and military encounters strongly suggests that officers are most effective at fostering goodwill and reducing antagonism when they approach each encounter with the goal of building civilian trust.

Officers should also look out for each other, protecting their colleagues not just from harm, but also from lashing out in anger or frustration. Policing can be intensely stressful, and officers should be trained and encouraged to help their peers deal with stressful situations. When an officer is losing his cool, another officer will often be able to intervene, giving the first a chance to collect himself. That type of peer support isn’t part of modern police culture—particularly not when the officer losing his temper is a supervisor and union official like Corporal Casebolt—but it should be.

You still havent told us how you'd deal with an unruly suspect without using some kind of force.

Kumbaya my Lord kubaya...

It did escalate quickly. The left desperately WANTS a war with white cops. Badly. They're just flaming this one up until the inevitable occurs....another video of a worse incident. And with 1, 000, 000 cops policing violent neighborhoods in a country of 340, 000, 000...all with easy access to guns and drugs...another contraversial video is inevitable.

But this will have to do for now.
yeah well this was not a violent neighborhood... this was a cop out of control...

Nope..it was a bunch of trespassing punks out of control.
They were told to leave and they refused. What would you expect to happen?
out of control.. ? What did they do "swim" uncontrollably?
Violence and disturbing the peace.... I know in your progressive mind this is fine

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

It did escalate quickly. The left desperately WANTS a war with white cops. Badly. They're just flaming this one up until the inevitable occurs....another video of a worse incident. And with 1, 000, 000 cops policing violent neighborhoods in a country of 340, 000, 000...all with easy access to guns and drugs...another contraversial video is inevitable.

But this will have to do for now.
yeah well this was not a violent neighborhood... this was a cop out of control...

Nope..it was a bunch of trespassing punks out of control.
They were told to leave and they refused. What would you expect to happen?
out of control.. ? What did they do "swim" uncontrollably?
Violence and disturbing the peace.... I know in your progressive mind this is fine

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Unless of course it's their shit getting fucked up....
Than they cant wait to tell you how the police aren't doing their job.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Imagine that... a public servant actually working with the public rather than against it. Boggles the mind.

I found an interesting article on this, from the perspective of a former cop.

A Former Cop On What Went Wrong In McKinney

The two officers in this brief video represent two different policing styles, two different mindsets that officers use as they interact with civilians: the Guardian and the Warrior. As a former police officer and current policing scholar, I know that an officer’s mindset has tremendous impact on police/civilian encounters. I’ve described the Guardian and Warrior mindsets at some length here and here; for now, suffice to say that the right mindset can de-escalate tense situations, induce compliance, and increase community trust over the long-term. The kids interacting with the first officer were excited, but not upset; they remained cooperative. Had they gone home at that moment, they’d have a story for their friends and family, but it would be a story that happened to have the police in it rather than being a story about the police.

This is the crux of the matter right here. I couldn't help noticing while traveling in Ireland, an entirely different mindset as regards the police. They don't carry guns and they don't walk around looking for trouble and pushing their proverbial weight around. Because of that they're seen by the general public as a positive, not a negative.

The difference between, "oh good, here come the police" and "oh shit, here come the police".

It's representative of this primitive American mindset that the way to deal with every situation is to blow it up, obliterate it, overpower it, imprison it, vanquish it --- instead of grokking its nature and working from that point. But no, we can't do that. Too much like thought. And that's what fills up prisons with pot smokers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back