Texas Rep. Gohmert to challenge Boehner for House speaker post

Like I said, people laugh at what they dont understand. Explains many of your posts.

Your love affair with everything I write continues unabated. My, you are a very interesting person.
Now, put down the "Inches" or "Turgid" magazine and get some fresh air. Gee, thanks!
WHich is why you post in every thread I post in, right?
I had no idea there were such magazines. But I bow to your superior knowledge in the areas of sex toys and butt fucking.

Oh yeah, that's just what we need. I'm all for getting rid of Boehner, but this guy is a loon to the nth degree.

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert said Sunday that he will challenge House Speaker John Boehner for his post when Congress returns this week to Washington.

Gohmert, among the House Republican caucus’ most conservative members, made the announcement on “Fox and Friends,” saying he decided to run after Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., said Saturday that he would challenge Boehner for the chamber’s top post.

“We have heard from a lot of Republicans that said, ‘I would vote for somebody besides speaker Boehner.’ But nobody will put their name out there,” Gohmert said. “That changed yesterday with Ted Yoho.”

Texas Rep. Gohmert to challenge Boehner for House speaker post Fox News

Elections have consequences. If you support the other side, you really don't have a say.

Not necessarily, it takes 218 votes to elect the Speaker of the house. and there are 234 republicans in the house. If 17 republican votes go to someone other than Boner, he will need some Democratic votes to make up the difference. Yes, elections have consequences, but in this case, those consequences make Democratic votes relevant.

Oh yeah, that's just what we need. I'm all for getting rid of Boehner, but this guy is a loon to the nth degree.

Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert said Sunday that he will challenge House Speaker John Boehner for his post when Congress returns this week to Washington.

Gohmert, among the House Republican caucus’ most conservative members, made the announcement on “Fox and Friends,” saying he decided to run after Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., said Saturday that he would challenge Boehner for the chamber’s top post.

“We have heard from a lot of Republicans that said, ‘I would vote for somebody besides speaker Boehner.’ But nobody will put their name out there,” Gohmert said. “That changed yesterday with Ted Yoho.”

Which one?

Elections have consequences. If you support the other side, you really don't have a say.

I don't support either side.

I suspect that both Boehner stays as Speaker of the HOR and McConnell becomes Majority Leader of the Senate. The rest is probably just smoke and mirrors. Or in the case of Gohmert, comic relief.

Not necessarily, it takes 218 votes to elect the Speaker of the house. and there are 234 republicans in the house. If 17 republican votes go to someone other than Boner, he will need some Democratic votes to make up the difference. Yes, elections have consequences, but in this case, those consequences make Democratic votes relevant.

I think in this congress the Republicans will have 246 Reps in the house. Or something around that number

Well, it was inevitable. Boehner is too emotionally unstable to hold that post. I admire a guy who can cry when he is sad without reservations. But Boehner breaks into tears every other day it seems and so this indicates he is not fit for the post from some deep-seated emotional problem. I think he may privately want to step down. It's a very stressful thing to try to run the House and deal with demons from the past..

I think in this congress the Republicans will have 246 Reps in the house. Or something around that number

You could be right. I did a quick check before I posted, but the first site that came up might have been wrong. Either way, with the mutiny that Gohmert and others are planning, it wouldn't be to hard to envision Democratic votes being needed for Boner to keep his seat.

Forum List

Back