Thank You for Saving the Planet

You stated "EV cars are manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used." Please explain how EVs are manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used.

And continue to use ICE-powered vehicles or simply stop traveling?

I know that it is absolutely true

Has anyone ever told you that you oversimplify things that you really ought to examine in detail?

Your original wording does not have the meaning you seem to intend. "Manufactured by increasing the amount of natural resources used" indicates that EVs are somehow manufactured by humans simply increasing the resources we consume: land, wood, petroleum, coal, wheat, corn, gravel, peat, butterflies, all of it. What I assume you meant to say was the the manufacture of EVs increases the amount of resources used or that EVs require more resources to manufacture but what you actually said doesn't convey either of those messages. We all, now and then, have to do a little sympathetic interpretation and extrapolation of what others have said. But, at times like this, the difference between what you said and what you meant was too far to allow any confidence whatsoever that I would have been correctly translating your statement. See it for what it is.

The extra resource consumption is more than offset by the lack of GHG emissions. Period. The problem here, as I have pointed out with several other AGW denier posters, is that you simply attach no value to anything being accomplished without GHG emissions. You don't care. So what looks like a valuable success to me and everyone else who'd like to mitigate global warming, looks like a pointless waste of money AND resources, to you.
Yes, as I stated, bigger heavier requires more natural resources.

Yes, more land is used.
More wood
More coal

Of course the fact that you include wheat shows you can not actually address facts, you must make things up.

The extra resources used is not offset, you used the resources, the pollution was created, released into the atmosphere.

Offset? EV's are heavier, physics says heavier requires more energy to move but in Crickland, the laws of physics do not apply.

Yes, as I stated, bigger heavier requires more natural resources.
Yes, you did state that.
Yes, more land is used.
More wood
More coal
You missed the point.
Of course the fact that you include wheat shows you can not actually address facts, you must make things up.
You REALLY missed the point
The extra resources used is not offset, you used the resources, the pollution was created, released into the atmosphere.
I'm sorry, I missed the spot where you SHOWED that? The average American EV is 750 pounds heavier than the average American car. The average American car weighs 4,094 pounds (How Much Does A Car Weigh? (Average Weight By Car Type).) Thus we're talking about an 18% increase in mass. Now, let's look at some numbers about the resource consumption AND GHG emission of an ICE-powered car. First:
1665768205265.png

The term "Consumed" here means air passed through the engine. For simplicity's sake I will take the not unreasonable value of 5 liters as an average of on-the-road vehicles. A simple interpolation of table values gives us an hourly consumption of 453,488 liters of air PER HOUR. If we estimate only 2 hours of average operation per day (recall trucks are included that have a very high average daily operation) that would indicate that each average car in the US is consuming over 330 million liters of air per year.

That much air, by the way, weighs 940,618 pounds or 1,254 TIMES as much as the added mass included in that one car.

Every year, the 275,913,237 vehicles in the United States [Car Ownership Statistics | Bankrate] consume over 91 QUADRILLION liters of air EVERY YEAR ! ! ! But, hey, we'd be much better off if we didn't have to produce that extra 750 pounds of 'car' when we built 'em. Right?
Offset? EV's are heavier, physics says heavier requires more energy to move but in Crickland, the laws of physics do not apply.
Your problem is that in my world THEY DO.

Last edited:
Yes, you did state that.

You missed the point.

You REALLY missed the point

I'm sorry, I missed the spot where you SHOWED that? The average American EV is 750 pounds heavier than the average American car. The average American car weighs 4,094 pounds (How Much Does A Car Weigh? (Average Weight By Car Type).) Thus we're talking about an 18% increase in mass. Now, let's look at some numbers about the resource consumption AND GHG emission of an ICE-powered car. First:
View attachment 709967
The term "Consumed" here means air passed through the engine. For simplicity's sake I will take the not unreasonable value of 5 liters as an average of on-the-road vehicles. A simple interpolation of table values gives us an hourly consumption of 453,488 liters of air PER HOUR. If we estimate only 2 hours of average operation per day (recall trucks are included that have a very high average daily operation) that would indicate that each average car in the US is consuming over 330 million liters of air per year.

That much air, by the way, weighs 940,618 pounds or 1,254 TIMES as much as the added mass included in that one car.

Every year, the 275,913,237 vehicles in the United States [Car Ownership Statistics | Bankrate] consume over 91 QUADRILLION liters of air EVERY YEAR ! ! ! But, hey, we'd be much better off if we didn't have to produce that extra 750 pounds of 'car' when we built 'em. Right?

Your problem is that in my world THEY DO.
500,000 pounds of earth must be moved by diesel in order to create one coal plant charged EV battery.

You Leftards are destroying Mother Gia.

Forum List

Back