Thanks for nothing Obamacare

jtw4796

Rookie
Sep 29, 2011
At work we were told a couple years ago that because of the extra cost associated with Obamacare our Health insurance was going to a high deductible health plan that would not cover prescriptions till we reach the deductible. So now I can no longer afford Lipitor that is working so well for me and will have to go on something else that my Dr. doubts will work. So my health is getting worse thanks to Obamacare. I think it is crazy that health insurances have to cover contraceptives at 100% but I can get no help paying for LIpitor which is more much more of a life saver.

At work we were told a couple years ago that because of the extra cost associated with Obamacare our Health insurance was going to a high deductible health plan that would not cover prescriptions till we reach the deductible. So now I can no longer afford Lipitor that is working so well for me and will have to go on something else that my Dr. doubts will work. So my health is getting worse thanks to Obamacare. I think it is crazy that health insurances have to cover contraceptives at 100% but I can get no help paying for LIpitor which is more much more of a life saver.

Why didn't you switch to a plan in the Marketplace?

I was told you must keep your company plan unless it does not meet certain rules which my plan, as bad as it is, does meet. My current plan has a $4800 deductible on the family and will not cover much of anything till I meet it. My plan went from a $1500 deductible to $4800 all because of obamacare. So to me Obamacare is CRAP and everyone who voted for it lost my vote.

I was told you must keep your company plan unless it does not meet certain rules which my plan, as bad as it is, does meet. My current plan has a $4800 deductible on the family and will not cover much of anything till I meet it. My plan went from a $1500 deductible to $4800 all because of obamacare. So to me Obamacare is CRAP and everyone who voted for it lost my vote.

One of the problems with telling personal stories on a M/B is no matter how bullshitty it sounds, it's your story and your story alone and-----and since it's a personal story you and you alone can move the goal posts if other message boarders get to close to debunking your bullshit but-----but there have been a lot of bullshit stories like yours in the news that upon scrutiny get debunked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you personally are lying, I'm saying, I can't speak to your personal story but what we know for sure is a bunch-o-Republican governors and legislators are, in effect, torturing a lot of their citizens --- to death.

I was told you must keep your company plan unless it does not meet certain rules which my plan, as bad as it is, does meet.

Anyone can shop for a plan in the marketplace, you just won't be eligible for affordability tax credits if you have an affordable offer of coverage from an employer. Since employers cover most of the costs of the plan they offer, most people with offers of employer-sponsored coverage find it's a better deal to stick with that plan than pay the full premium of a plan by themselves.

Last edited:

Because of the deep cuts obama made in Medicare, one of my medications isn't even on the list of covered medications. I just pay for it myself, like I keep paying my doctor myself.

There are two sides to the story. First of all, the main reason you are paying more is because company plans are no longer being subsidized by allowing insurance companies to not cover those with pre-existing conditions. The second part about that is that we still do not know whether the insurance companies' numbers are good. Only time will tell on that. It could turn out that things will get even more expensive, but we could also see the exact opposite. There was an assumption made that health care spending would increase dramatically because of the ACA, but we have not yet seen that happen. In fact, from 2010 to 2012, we saw a massive slow down in healthcare spending, but that does not mean that will continue.

As for plans on the exchanges, they are not much different. If you pay for a cheaper plan, you get high deductibles also. For you personal situation, you do know that there is a generic for Lipitor, do you not? Is generic atorvastatin as good as brand-name Lipitor? - Harvard Health Publications It might be something you want to look into.

Personally, I am against the statins such as Lipitor for most people because they cause many bad side effects. While I do not know your situation personally, many people can lower their cholesterol through diet changes and exercise. My cholesterol used to be over 250; now it runs between 150 and 170 with a very high HDL. Last time they were checked, my total was 159; HDL 69, LDL 87, and Triglycerides were 44.

My last comment on all of this is that I do support the ACA and think it is a good start. What bothers me is that even most of us that support it realize there are problems with it that need to be addressed. If Republicans weren't so Hell bent on repealing it and concentrated on fixing the problems, we might actually be able to make it work for everyone.

I have to try to find a way now to come up with cold hard cash to satisfy my $6,000.00 deductible.
So in the meantime I can go to the doctor because the visit is coverered under the copay...
As far as any tests he did in the past...I can no longer have them done.
So the extent of my healthcare is now having someone who can write my prescriptions and that's about it.

So in closing I fall into the liar catagory.
And I'm a racist because I say ObamaCare sucks...

Thanks Libs...

Who told you that?

I have to try to find a way now to come up with cold hard cash to satisfy my $6,000.00 deductible.
So in the meantime I can go to the doctor because the visit is coverered under the copay...
So the extent of my healthcare is now having someone who can write my prescriptions and that's about it.

Thanks Libs...

Any tests? You sure about that?

Because of the deep cuts obama made in Medicare, one of my medications isn't even on the list of covered medications. I just pay for it myself, like I keep paying my doctor myself.

Obama made deep cuts to Medicare? When?

Thanks Libs...

According to the Insurance company any tests done in the doctors office I will be billed for
the cost of the test...I end up in the hospital I will have to pay out of pocket until the deductible is met. :mad:

Thanks Libs...

According to the Insurance company any tests done in the doctors office I will be billed for
the cost of the test...I end up in the hospital I will have to pay out of pocket until the deductible is met. :mad:

Man! You sure did get a shit plan. You should look into that. You might have the worst health insurance plan known to man!

Man! You sure did get a shit plan. You should look into that. You might have the worst health insurance plan known to man!

It was the best plan available to our company now.
We had a good plan...
Now we don't...

So if my heart explodes because of a new problem that was not detected because I no longer get it checked I guess I can rest peacefully knowing that the 48 million that didn't
have coverage now have it thanks in part to my sacrifice.....

Wait...where are those 48 million?

It was the best plan available to our company now.
We had a good plan...
Now we don't...

So if my heart explodes because of a new problem that was not detected because I no longer get it checked I guess I can rest peacefully knowing that the 48 million that didn't
have coverage now have it thanks in part to my sacrifice.....

Wait...where are those 48 million?

Oh my goodness. You poor thing! How can yiu sleep at night?

Obama made deep cuts to Medicare? When?

It's so sad that Republicans allow themselves to be duped by their own party.

According to a GOP ad...
Obamacare includes a "$700 billion cut from Medicare for seniors."

But-----but according to Politifact...

The numbers on but intent is off

Our ruling

In its ad against Sink, the NRCC said the Affordable Care Act includes a "$700 billion cut from Medicare for seniors." There is reduction in spending to Medicare outlays, but it’s fueled by finding savings in the program, a move that Republicans actually supported in the Ryan budget. Medicare spending still increases in the coming years.

We rate the statement Half True.

Half true? LOL, the half the Republican ad got wrong was,
was,
wait for it...

...the intent - whoda thunk?

Forum List

Back