Thanks to all of you and so long

VPNs are perfectly legitimate to use for various reasons. That being said, it sounds like Storm is using his work computer (probably a laptop) to connect here. I can relate, since I work from home on my laptop, but that's why I use my desktop for this site.

It's a way to block sites from knowing who/where you are.

lol. Yeah. In a fairy tale world. There's no such thing as anonymity on the Internet.

A good rule is to just not say anything online that you're not perfectly comfortable saying in court.
MemesInCourt.jpg

I have been asked to turn of my proxy, and my VPN administrators have strongly advised me to not do that. This is a great site, and I wish the best to you if the administrators turn my connection off.

If you came to a forum I either own or moderate using a proxy address, I would have banned you immediately, because that is the common way for banned people to try sneaking back into the forum using a different name. It is what I do at Watts Up With That? blog where I do Moderation there, the owner of the blog doesn't accept any proxy addresses for a good reason.

I have seen CORPORATE and VPN designations, always allowed the Corporate registrant come in, but very rarely VPN because that person is normally hiding something, the blog owner doesn't want an opening for banned and sockpuppet losers to sneak back in. I have caught one famous person trying to sneak in many times, but his idiotic opinions always gives him away, then boom!

Don't be a goober, sunsettommy.

VPNs have very legit uses even on a msg board.

This is up to the admins, not someone like you who knows nothing.

Your assumptions me about indicate what an ignorant idiot you are!

I have owned a few forums over the years, ran them myself and currently a moderator of two large blogs and a very old forum. Proxy address are always a potential problem as they are also commonly a spam problem too.

WUWT owner suffered from too many assholes who were using proxy and VPN set ups to sneak back in trying to hide their IP numbers after being banned multiple times, now all mods are required to BLOCK them from the start.

Fuck off pal!

Who are you? Go to, fellow.

This is up to the admins, not someone like you who knows nothing

Who are you? Go to, fellow.

This is up to the admins, not someone like you who knows nothing

Your assumptions me about indicate what an ignorant idiot you are!

I have owned a few forums over the years, ran them myself and currently a moderator of two large blogs and a very old forum. Proxy address are always a potential problem as they are also commonly a spam problem too.

WUWT owner suffered from too many assholes who were using proxy and VPN set ups to sneak back in trying to hide their IP numbers after being banned multiple times, now all mods are required to BLOCK them from the start.

It is OBVIOUS you have never been a forum owner, enjoy your ignorance.

Fuck off pal!

I have been asked to turn of my proxy, and my VPN administrators have strongly advised me to not do that. This is a great site, and I wish the best to you if the administrators turn my connection off.
My vote doesn't count for anything...but as far as I'm concerned you seem ok...for a leftie. Hope they let you stay. flacaltenn

Don't forget to post the Indian test pattern from years ago.

New Topics

Forum List

Back