Thanks Trump, for destroying the GOP

The stimulus was meant to infuse capital into the economy. Not all of it was through jobs. Half was directly through tax cuts.
You really won't do research on anything before you make shit up, will you, big guy?

Even Democrats only claim it was 1/3. But actually, over half of that was "refundable tax credits" to people who paid little or no taxes. You know what that means, big guy? They got paid a check for taxes they hadn't paid. The term for that isn't "tax cut" it's welfare.

Government calling welfare checks, "tax cuts." That's how screwed up they are

Here's a little example to prove I'm right, Winger!

Go ahead and name what Barry's present plan is to stimulate the economy and create jobs! Show me what he's got in the works to "fix" things.

Yes he did....and Obama speaks only the truth...:uhoh3:
Obama was right about Iraq

Bush got his ass handed to him

Obama was nobody, and what evidence do you have that Obama said Hussein didn't have WMDs actually before the invasion?

LMAO, that was funny, RW having evidence for anything he says. I crack myself up

Bush should have listened to Obama....would have saved us a lot of grief

Transcript: Obama's Speech Against The Iraq War

Sen. Barack Obama's speech against Iraq war

The following is a transcript of the remarks then-Sen. Barack Obama delivered in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2002.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.

And yet, Obama finished W's strategy and timeline in Iraq. What a dumb ass
Bush broke it and left it to the next guy to fix

If he listened to Omama in 2002 we would not have the problems we have today

And Obama fixed it ... by finishing W's plan. Obama and you are dumb and dumber

And right you are
Sanctions kept Saddam in check for over a decade. He was weaker economically and militarily than after the first Gulf War.
Bush had better things to do in fighting the war on terror. Iraq was an unjustified diversion
Yet, Congress gave him permission to fight the war he asked for

Dude, the "sanctions" were falling apart! When you've got the son of the Secretary General of the UN making deals for you to sell your oil for weapons...then sanctions are failing. That was the case with Iraq. Nations like France were buying Iraqi oil on the black market in exchange for things like sophisticated missiles.
Iraq was falling apart

It's economy was in shambles, his military was weaker than it was in Desert Storm, allied air controlled his air space

Bush had better things to do than invade Iraq.....like actually hunt down terrorists

When Bush was in office we WERE fighting terrorists in Iraq...now that Barry is in office we're fighting terrorists in the US, in France, in Great Britain, in Syria, in Libya, in Africa and in Iraq...how's that "hunt" for terrorists going? Any word on when we'll see the apprehension of the terrorists who murdered four Americans in Benghazi?
Bush created the terrorists in Iraq. Saddam would not tolerate them, they were a threat to his authority
Once Bush removed Saddam, AlQaeda moved in

Note: We did get the guy responsible for the Benghazi attacks

RRRRrrrrrriiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttttttt. W created terrorism in the middle east.
Stop kazzing, that's not what he said. He didn't say Bush created terrorism in the Middle East as you falsely ascribe to him. He said Bush created the terrorists in Iraq, which he did. Al-qaeda in Iraq, now known as ISIL, formed in Iraq to fight Bush.

Who puts John Kerry in as Secretary of State? Seriously...who would be stupid enough to think that an empty suit like Kerry could possibly fix anything...anywhere!

Aside from his being a traitor you mean.

John Kerry is just a doofus...it's scary that he was the nominee of a national party for President of the United States. I mean, President Kerry? How freakin' scary is that thought?
Kerry is one of the best Secretary of States in a generation

Negotiated nuclear disarmament with Iran, first diplomatic recognition of Cuba in 50 years, release of our sailors who strayed into Iran, environmental concessions with China

Wow...I mean WOW! Environmental concessions from China? You mean the deal where we agree to slash our CO2 output now...and they agree to possibly do it 20 years from now? Is that the deal you're giving Kerry credit for hashing out with the Chinese? That might go down as one of the worst negotiations in the history of negotiations. It's so bad it reaches the level of farce.

Dude, the "sanctions" were falling apart! When you've got the son of the Secretary General of the UN making deals for you to sell your oil for weapons...then sanctions are failing. That was the case with Iraq. Nations like France were buying Iraqi oil on the black market in exchange for things like sophisticated missiles.
Iraq was falling apart

It's economy was in shambles, his military was weaker than it was in Desert Storm, allied air controlled his air space

Bush had better things to do than invade Iraq.....like actually hunt down terrorists

When Bush was in office we WERE fighting terrorists in Iraq...now that Barry is in office we're fighting terrorists in the US, in France, in Great Britain, in Syria, in Libya, in Africa and in Iraq...how's that "hunt" for terrorists going? Any word on when we'll see the apprehension of the terrorists who murdered four Americans in Benghazi?
Bush created the terrorists in Iraq. Saddam would not tolerate them, they were a threat to his authority

RRRRrrrrrriiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhttttttt. W created terrorism in the middle east.
Stop kazzing, that's not what he said. He didn't say Bush created terrorism in the Middle East as you falsely ascribe to him. He said Bush created the terrorists in Iraq, which he did. Al-qaeda in Iraq, now known as ISIL, formed in Iraq to fight Bush.
ISIS formed in Syria...not Iraq and not while Bush was still President. ISIS formed while President "Leading From Behind" was in office...not Bush.

Obama was nobody, and what evidence do you have that Obama said Hussein didn't have WMDs actually before the invasion?

LMAO, that was funny, RW having evidence for anything he says. I crack myself up

The following is a transcript of the remarks then-Sen. Barack Obama delivered in Chicago on Oct. 2, 2002.

What I am opposed to is a dumb war. What I am opposed to is a rash war. What I am opposed to is the cynical attempt by Richard Perle and Paul Wolfowitz and other armchair, weekend warriors in this administration to shove their own ideological agendas down our throats, irrespective of the costs in lives lost and in hardships borne.

What I am opposed to is the attempt by political hacks like Karl Rove to distract us from a rise in the uninsured, a rise in the poverty rate, a drop in the median income — to distract us from corporate scandals and a stock market that has just gone through the worst month since the Great Depression. That's what I'm opposed to. A dumb war. A rash war. A war based not on reason but on passion, not on principle but on politics. Now let me be clear — I suffer no illusions about Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal man. A ruthless man. A man who butchers his own people to secure his own power. He has repeatedly defied UN resolutions, thwarted UN inspection teams, developed chemical and biological weapons, and coveted nuclear capacity. He's a bad guy. The world, and the Iraqi people, would be better off without him.

But I also know that Saddam poses no imminent and direct threat to the United States or to his neighbors, that the Iraqi economy is in shambles, that the Iraqi military a fraction of its former strength, and that in concert with the international community he can be contained until, in the way of all petty dictators, he falls away into the dustbin of history. I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences. I know that an invasion of Iraq without a clear rationale and without strong international support will only fan the flames of the Middle East, and encourage the worst, rather than best, impulses of the Arab world, and strengthen the recruitment arm of al-Qaida. I am not opposed to all wars. I'm opposed to dumb wars.

Ah yes...Barry Obama outlines his "containment" strategy! Remind me how "containing" a petty dictator named Adolf Hitler worked out back in the 30's? Remind how appealing to the "best impulses" of the Arab world has worked out for Obama now?

Interesting how history showed Obama's assessment of Iraq to be spot on. That is why he is president today

His "containment" of Saddam Hussein would have worked about as well as his "containment" of Putin and his "containment" of ISIS. He's an idiot when it comes to foreign policy. The only one in Washington that might be more idiotic is our Secretary of State, John Kerry!
And yet, containment of Hussein was keeping Hussen from WMD...

"We had a good discussion, the Foreign Minister and I and the President and I, had a good discussion about the nature of the sanctions -- the fact that the sanctions exist -- not for the purpose of hurting the Iraqi people, but for the purpose of keeping in check Saddam Hussein's ambitions toward developing weapons of mass destruction. We should constantly be reviewing our policies, constantly be looking at those sanctions to make sure that they are directed toward that purpose. That purpose is every bit as important now as it was ten years ago when we began it. And frankly they have worked. He has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbors. So in effect, our policies have strengthened the security of the neighbors of Iraq...

you gave us the GREAT RECESSION the last time you had the senate, the house of representatives and the white house in republican hands,,,

so let's count our blessing you haven't been given that again! AMEN! ;)

The only reason it's been a "GREAT RECESSION" is that Barry didn't have a clue how to fix an economy and create jobs! We're seven plus years into his administration and the Fed is still scared to raise interest rates because the economy is so weak. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history.
I didn't see where any of Bush's timid economic actions had any effect

When Obama took office, the stock market was still in collapse, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month and GDP was negative...auto and banks were collapsing

Obama took solid action and reversed all that

What policy did Obama have that was different from W's policies?

Glad you asked

Obama passed a stimulus that infused $800 billion into the economy. He made it clear that the U.S. Government would not allow the banks and auto industry to fail. He passed solid financial reform and demanded auto companies close unprofitable brands and give the taxpayer stock in their company

That is what he did differently and the economic collapse reversed

Obama spent 800 billion on a "stimulus" to create jobs that created so few jobs that in desperation they invented a new economic statistic..."jobs created or saved"...to hide how bad it was! Take off your partisan blinders, Winger...you're looking increasingly ignorant in this string!
They did not invent that term to hide anything as that term was presented in the plan before it was even approved.

Iraq was falling apart

ISIS formed in Syria...not Iraq and not while Bush was still President. ISIS formed while President "Leading From Behind" was in office...not Bush.
Al Qaeda in Iraq formed in Iraq. That's why they were called AL Qaeda in Iraq. :eusa_doh:

The only reason it's been a "GREAT RECESSION" is that Barry didn't have a clue how to fix an economy and create jobs! We're seven plus years into his administration and the Fed is still scared to raise interest rates because the economy is so weak. Barack Obama has overseen the worst recovery from a recession in modern economic history.

When Obama took office, the stock market was still in collapse, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month and GDP was negative...auto and banks were collapsing

Glad you asked

Obama passed a stimulus that infused $800 billion into the economy. He made it clear that the U.S. Government would not allow the banks and auto industry to fail. He passed solid financial reform and demanded auto companies close unprofitable brands and give the taxpayer stock in their company

Obama spent 800 billion on a "stimulus" to create jobs that created so few jobs that in desperation they invented a new economic statistic..."jobs created or saved"...to hide how bad it was! Take off your partisan blinders, Winger...you're looking increasingly ignorant in this string!
They did not invent that term to hide anything as that term was presented in the plan before it was even approved.

Show me where that economic statistic was employed by any other administration prior to the Obama Administration, Faun!

They invented that statistic not to give a clearer picture of job creation...they invented it to hide how few jobs they actually managed to create with the 870 billion that they spent. I know you folks on the left don't like to admit that...but it's about as obvious as it gets!

Al Qaeda in Iraq formed in Iraq. That's why they were called AL Qaeda in Iraq. :eusa_doh:

Al Qaeda and ISIS are not the same thing, Faun...

Half of America believes Donald Trump’s campaign exhibits fascist overtones, with only 30 percent disagreeing, according to a new HuffPost/YouGov poll. The sentiment isn’t contained to Democrats, who unsurprisingly are willing to agree with a negative statement about their political rivals. Forty-five percent of independents also say Trump’s campaign has echoes of fascism, as do a full 28 percent of Republicans.

Half The Country Sees 'Fascist Undertones' In Donald Trump's Campaign: New Survey
248B20A0-C685-463E-A6B7-E78A65649B7E.jpg

And yet, Obama finished W's strategy and timeline in Iraq. What a dumb ass
Bush broke it and left it to the next guy to fix

If he listened to Omama in 2002 we would not have the problems we have today

We have the problems we have today...because we've had a President for the past SEVEN YEARS who doesn't have a clue how to fix ANYTHING!
Full employment says otherwise.

Last edited:

Al Qaeda and ISIS are not the same thing, Faun...
You should educate yourself before posting...

Where did they come from?

ISIS was born out of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003. When U.S. administrators, under Paul Bremer, decided to "de-Baathify" the Iraqi civil and military services, hundreds of thousands of Sunnis formerly loyal to Saddam Hussein were left without a job — and they were mad. Al Qaeda chose to capitalize on their anger and established al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI) to wage an insurgency against U.S. troops in Iraq (Saddam was secular, but his intelligence and military supporters were able to make common cause with the jihadis of al Qaeda).

Glad you asked

Show me where that economic statistic was employed by any other administration prior to the Obama Administration, Faun!

They invented that statistic not to give a clearer picture of job creation...they invented it to hide how few jobs they actually managed to create with the 870 billion that they spent. I know you folks on the left don't like to admit that...but it's about as obvious as it gets!
Do you understand English? I didn't say it was used before Obama. I said it was used in his initial proposal before being approved and implemented.

Iraq was falling apart

Facts? WTF? Are facts supposed to be an argument???

The stimulus was meant to infuse capital into the economy. Not all of it was through jobs. Half was directly through tax cuts.
You really won't do research on anything before you make shit up, will you, big guy?

Even Democrats only claim it was 1/3. But actually, over half of that was "refundable tax credits" to people who paid little or no taxes. You know what that means, big guy? They got paid a check for taxes they hadn't paid. The term for that isn't "tax cut" it's welfare.

Still stimulus to the economy

Let's see.......poor folks got cut a check for a few hundred. Rich folks got bailed out for their greedy speculation that threw the economy in the dumpster

Who made out better?

Glad you asked

Preventing teachers, cops and firemen from being laid off has the same economic impact as creating a new job

Glad you asked

Preventing teachers, cops and firemen from being laid off has the same economic impact as creating a new job
Government so called "jobs" are not real jobs, of course police and military are an Necessary expense... But everything else has to be paid for by somebody - all being a diminishing return… LOL

Still stimulus to the economy

Let's see.......poor folks got cut a check for a few hundred. Rich folks got bailed out for their greedy speculation that threw the economy in the dumpster

Who made out better?

Welfare is not "stimulus to the economy." You people are pathetic

Forum List

Back